How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

Old November 4th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Default How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

scotthue;1078831 wrote:
Sam: Did you have to use special rim tape after you drilled the rim?

If the holes are countersunk and/or deburred after they're drilled,
this won't be necessary.

If they're not, a dull drill could leave a lot of nasty burrs on the
rim, and thick tape would be necessary to avoid flats.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
Old November 5th 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
redwelly

flyer;1088095 wrote:
I'll post pictures a bit later.

Come on Dave, I want to see it!

--
redwelly

'*Unicycle.com*'
(http://www.unicycle.com)
Old November 5th 08, 11:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Rowan;1124765 wrote:
The original nightriders were anodised black as far as I know. I dunno
who it was who thought it would be a good idea to powdercoat them
"Stealth white".

When I bought my Stealth rim (Nightrider is just the name of the tyres
I think) there was a choice of anodised black or powder-coat white - is
that not still the case? I went for white because I think it's a nice
change from the ubiquitous black, but if I was worried about the weight
of some paint () I could have chosen the anodised version. I
do agree with you though that a lighter 36" tyre would be good for the
road riders - in fact, something nearer bike tyre weight rather than car
tyre weight would be nicer for xc as well. At £60 a tyre, though, the
longevity of the thicker tyre is a good thing!

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old November 5th 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rowan

rob.northcott;1125184 wrote:
When I bought my Stealth rim (Nightrider is just the name of the tyres I
think) there was a choice of anodised black or powder-coat white - is
that not still the case?

the longevity of the thicker tyre is a good thing!

I got confused I meant Stealth rim... You still get the choice but in
New Zealand we must sometimes settle for what is in stock. The colour
does not really matter but black would be best.

Some day's I'd prefer the longevity of my legs, and the thicker
tire/rim does not promote longevity uphill. I notice such a big
difference every time I change between 28" and 36" of the weight and
ability to accelerate and get to top speed and maintain it uphill.

One of the biggest advantages of such a heavy tire/rim is the puncture
protection. They are not invincible but they last a lot longer than 700c
skinnies vs glass.

--
Rowan