My Shed

Old June 28th 04, 08:32 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default My Shed

The wibble[1] makes work for idle hands...

url:http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/web/public.nsf/Documents/my-shed

[1] Sheddism[2] for web
[2] uk.rec.sheds, do KUATB![3]
[3] Keep Up At The Back - do KUATB![3]
Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old June 28th 04, 08:59 PM
Jon Senior

Just zis Guy, you know? opined the
following...
[1] Sheddism[2] for web
[2] uk.rec.sheds, do KUATB![3]
[3] Keep Up At The Back - do KUATB![3]

Bored?

Jon
Old June 29th 04, 11:12 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:42:22 +0100, David Martin
wrote in message
:

So far the only thing I have found is a motorcycle garage which looks ideal,
except that it is around 600 shellfish.

Build your own. As long as you have at least one concrete or steel
post sunk in the ground to which you can lock the bikes, the rest is
relatively straightforward.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old June 29th 04, 09:03 PM
chris French

In message , "Just zis Guy,
you know?" writes
wrote in message
:

So far the only thing I have found is a motorcycle garage which looks ideal,
except that it is around 600 shellfish.

Build your own. As long as you have at least one concrete or steel
post sunk in the ground to which you can lock the bikes, the rest is
relatively straightforward.

I built a little bike shedlet in a house (well garden of the house) we
rented, as much for protection from the elements as for security.

I built it in the corner of a house wall and garden wall. Door and some
4x2 scavenged off a site of a demolished factory, bought a bit of
corrugated plastic for the roof, and a bit of T&G board for the
remaining wall. Hefty locking point bolted into the wall.

--
Chris French, Leeds
Old June 30th 04, 10:52 AM
David Martin

On 29/6/04 9:03 pm, in article , "chris
French" wrote:

In message , "Just zis Guy,
you know?" writes
wrote in message
:

So far the only thing I have found is a motorcycle garage which looks ideal,
except that it is around 600 shellfish.

Build your own. As long as you have at least one concrete or steel
post sunk in the ground to which you can lock the bikes, the rest is
relatively straightforward.

I built a little bike shedlet in a house (well garden of the house) we
rented, as much for protection from the elements as for security.

I built it in the corner of a house wall and garden wall. Door and some
4x2 scavenged off a site of a demolished factory, bought a bit of
corrugated plastic for the roof, and a bit of T&G board for the
remaining wall. Hefty locking point bolted into the wall.

Setting locking points into the wall/floor would be no problem. I'll have to
work out the appropriate heights and determing what would be appropriately
secure (may need a bit of wall re-engineering) and to get appropriate
drainage. Main issue will be making/sourcing an appropriate set of doors
that can be adequately locked.

I'd like something that is reasonably difficult to break into, so corrugated
plastic/wood is not really what I have in mind. Steel frame, corrugated
metal roof, metal doors with big locks is my idea of secure.

Admittedly I haven't had anything stolen from the house apart from the house
number (toerags came up the garden path and unscrewed it from the wall..
next one will have the post code on ;-) but the neighbour has been burgled
and I've had the local lowlife yoof trying to open the garage door whilst I
was in there..

...d

Old July 2nd 04, 12:19 AM
David Martin

On 2/7/04 12:04 am, in article
, "paul"
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Admittedly I haven't had anything stolen from the house apart from the house
number (toerags came up the garden path and unscrewed it from the wall..
next one will have the post code on ;-) but the neighbour has been burgled
and I've had the local lowlife yoof trying to open the garage door whilst I
was in there..

I think I'd be examining why I lived where you live and what the
barriers were to moving Some Place Else. I realise that this is a
complex issue, and don't want you to consider me issuing that classic MT
uterence[1] but I would be considering a move if I was in your
situation.

It's not as bad as all that. There is the occasional thing that is annoying
but:
1. We are walking distance (5 mins) from
a) the kids school
b) the local park
c) the high street with traditional butchers, fishmongers and modern
supermarkets
d) the local swimming pool and library
e) my place of work (20 mins)
f) kids next school (OK, a longer walk at 20 mins)
g) nursery for the youngest.
We have a bus stop outside for getting into town with about six-eight busses
an hour.

Two incidents in three years is bearable. We don't leave the car in one
street as the crime rate in that street seems to be quite high (had three
wing mirrors pinched from the car) but just round the corner it is much
better.

The ultimate plan is to move when the kids are at secondary school.
If you know of a location with the same nearness of amenities with
affordable housing that has a lower crime rate then do let me know.

...d