Jan's crash

Old July 26th 03, 05:14 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Default Jan's crash

"M. Wehrmann" wrote in message
Ullrich in German TV:

" ... I didn't risk to much. That crash was caused by a greasy surface ...
At that turn other riders crashed, too ..."

JAN ****ed up.

Watch the replay. He pedaled.

In slippery turns, it is best to brake before turning, then coast through,
neither pedaling or braking when in the turn.

Pedaling or braking adds extra force to the tire patch, increasing the
chances of losing traction.

Repeat: JAN ****ed up.

K.. Gringioini

ps. If he didn't crash, he wasn't going to win the Tour anyway.

Old July 26th 03, 05:53 PM
David N. Welton

"M. Wehrmann" writes:

Peschel

He got multiple rip fractures and a collapse of the right lung
("pneumothorax" for the medical professionals here)
emergency hospital.

Owe..bad stuff. I had that happen, and they had to staple my lung
together with titanium staples.

--
David N. Welton
Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/
Old July 26th 03, 05:53 PM
Tim South

Yep,

All of you racing driver's/enthusiasts know about the "friction circle" and
the "rain line".

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in
message et...

Old July 26th 03, 06:11 PM
David N. Welton

Gerrit Stolte writes:

Peschel

He got multiple rip fractures and a collapse of the right lung
("pneumothorax" for the medical professionals here) emergency
hospital.

Owe..bad stuff. I had that happen, and they had to staple my lung
together with titanium staples.

... and really *bad*: Peschel is reported to have refused to put out
his shoes in the hospital, stating that "I will race tomorrow". well

It's not *impossible* to ride with a collapsed lung, just painful and
you don't have much breath. Mine wasn't diagnosed immediately (idiot
doctor thought it was asthma) and I kept riding - but couldn't climb
worth ****.

Old July 26th 03, 07:41 PM
Boyd Speerschneider

"Tim South" wrote in news:qmyUa.6805$dO2.1527
@fe2.columbus.rr.com:

Yep,

All of you racing driver's/enthusiasts know about the "friction circle" and
the "rain line".

How about explaining these terms for those of us who only race bikes?

TIA,

- Boyd S.
Old July 26th 03, 09:02 PM
Benjamin Werner

"Kurgan Gringioni" writes:

"M. Wehrmann" wrote in message
Ullrich in German TV:

" ... I didn't risk to much. That crash was caused by a greasy surface ...
At that turn other riders crashed, too ..."

JAN ****ed up.

Watch the replay. He pedaled.

That is how it looked like to me on TV. On the other hand, Jalabert
who was following him on the motorcycle said that he lost the front
wheel first. If this is true, then the crash is very probably due to
some oil or gasoil floating over the water.

I have ridden over more than enough french round-abouts with a
motorbike to know thiss can be deadly. Trucks often loose gasoil on
round-abouts. I am however a little surprised the oil/gasoil was not
yet washed away after such a long and strong rain.

Benjamin
Old July 26th 03, 09:27 PM
zeno

Benjamin Werner wrote:
"Kurgan Gringioni" writes:

"M. Wehrmann" wrote in message

Ullrich in German TV:

" ... I didn't risk to much. That crash was caused by a greasy surface ...
At that turn other riders crashed, too ..."

JAN ****ed up.

Watch the replay. He pedaled.

That is how it looked like to me on TV. On the other hand, Jalabert
who was following him on the motorcycle said that he lost the front
wheel first. If this is true, then the crash is very probably due to
some oil or gasoil floating over the water.

I have ridden over more than enough french round-abouts with a
motorbike to know thiss can be deadly. Trucks often loose gasoil on
round-abouts. I am however a little surprised the oil/gasoil was not
yet washed away after such a long and strong rain.

Benjamin

Ja Ja also said Jan chose the wrong front wheel for the conditions,
which effected handling adversely.

He didn't think much of Jan's rainy day bike handling skills either, as
opposed to LA, who he compared to F1's Schumacher in the rain.

Zeno

Old July 26th 03, 11:32 PM
Tom Kunich

Uwe Peschel is one of the most underrated riders in the peloton. A man
with a great talent and a not so great turn of luck.

"M. Wehrmann" wrote in message
Ullrich in German TV:

" ... I didn't risk to much. That crash was caused by a greasy

surface ...
At that turn other riders crashed, too ..."

Uwe Peschel (Gerolsteiner) for example.

He got multiple rip fractures and a collapse of the right lung
("pneumothorax" for the medical professionals here)
emergency hospital.

Manuel W