Poor Little Devolder

Old September 12th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

Default Poor Little Devolder

On Sep 10, 6:34 am, Charles wrote:
On Sep 9, 6:01 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote: I wonder if Devolder had any excuses for breaking down on the climb like he
did.

I wonder if Kunich had any excuses for getting dropped from the
touring club ride ? Maybe they will not renew his "contract".

Devolder "dead tired"
Stijn Devolder is "tired, dead tired." The Discovery Channel rider who
lost the Vuelta a España's leader's jersey after holding it for one
day has now fallen to tenth place overall and has given up all hope of
finishing on the podium.
"I don't feel my legs any more," the 28 year-old told Het Nieuwsblad
after stage 10. "My legs feel bad. I have ridden too much this
season." He is still planning to ride the World Championships, but
that will be the end of his season.
"I am glad that today is the rest day," he noted. "I can load my
batteries again."

When Devolder beat the likes of Evans and Menchov and some other great
time trialists on Saturday, I thought he would hold his advantage. But
it seemed he was just missing a little bit of energy on that Hors de
Categorie, right at the beginning of the climb. Sastre's team attacked
from the very first moment. I don't think Devolder was expecting such
a ferocious assault. I don't even think TD would have been able to
help him.
He lost 5 minutes, and then the next day he lost 2 minutes. If he
would have been able to minimize his losses to a minute per stage he
would only be 1 minute and a half down on Menchov right now. It's too
bad, I really thought he had it. But like someone said in this group,
they really put a lot of pressure on the riders to excel and win it
all. But I think he still has done a pretty good job this year. Let's
hope he keeps his head and manages to improve a little at a time.
Maybe some great things will be in store for him next year. Who knows,
he may still win the world championship road race this year.

Andre

Devolder Andre Racing 3 August 29th 07 08:29 PM
Devolder in Austria Andre Racing 0 July 14th 07 10:59 PM
Devolder Andre Racing 1 June 16th 07 12:39 AM
Devolder on Paris-Tours Kyle Legate Racing 6 October 11th 05 04:13 PM
Devolder to take Three Days (Flanders lead-up) crit PRO Racing 10 April 1st 05 11:53 AM