whats your riding strategy?

Old July 18th 06, 12:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nickvb123

Default whats your riding strategy?

results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51244
Question: ?

- routine practiser
- weekend warrior
- binge rider
- on and off rider
- ride whenever i can

im a bit of an an on/off kinda rider myself. although i do tend to ride
very intensively around the school holidays

--
nickvb123

^_^
nickvb123's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5926

Old July 18th 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomtrevor

im a routine practiser. but also a weekend warrior. i practise at least
1 hour a day after school and then on every couple of weekends i go on
long Muni rides.

--
tomtrevor

I was doing a wheelie on my bike and figured why not buy a unicycle.
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

Old July 18th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
matty_manuva

I'm an on again and off again rider. Too many other bikes to ride all
of them all the time.

--
matty_manuva
matty_manuva's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12666

Old July 18th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

I ride whenever and as much as i can!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

-GOODBYE BLUE MONDAY!-
___________________________________
WHATEVER! -YOU AIN'T MY DADDY!- I'm thirteen and I do WHAT I
WANT!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=218412 MY GALLERY
Goats_On_Unicycles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12566

Old July 18th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

sorry poll description beyond my capabilities in english ...
wadyamean by "on and off" ,"binge" ?
thanks

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

Old July 18th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

I voted Weekend Warrior, not that it's any kind of "strategy" but it's
closest to the actual riding I get to do. I'd rather be "a little bit
every day no matter what," which is what I used to be...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

Old July 18th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniBrier

I have to vote Routine Practicer since our club rides everyTuesday
nite.

For Coker or MUni I am more Weekend Warrior.

--
UniBrier

Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is to hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just
stick that guitar in the closet next to your
shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go
inside and watch TV.” – Homer
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old July 18th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
underdog

I'm very much a 'routine practicer.' Every day after work for an hour
or so, rain or shine. Weekends are usually too busy with household
chores or out of town trips so I have to set aside the time to ride
every evening.

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

Old July 18th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
underdog

wobbling bear wrote:
sorry poll description beyond my capabilities in english ...
wadyamean by "on and off" ,"binge" ?
thanks

I think for this poll, "binge riding" would be the kind of riding where
you get the unicycle out of the closet and ride it a lot for a week or
two and then it goes back into the closet for a couple of months.

On and off could mean just occasional riding or it could imply
beginning riding where you get on the unicycle and then fall off, on
the unicycle and fall off, on the uni, then off. That would have been
the perfect description of me the first couple of months I had my
uni.

Old July 18th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

I am riding, in school or sleeping and not much else.

--
torkerdx

their are 2 types of unicyclist. ones who can suck it up and go for
things and ones who can't. get wich ones become good?
torkerdx's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12543

Riding with North joe Unicycling 0 January 30th 05 02:51 PM
Can Riding a Recumbent Cause a Hernia? Dom Recumbent Biking 4 November 30th 04 05:58 AM
riding the whole Hudson River Ken Roberts Rides 33 October 25th 04 08:48 PM
MUni riding – Eastern Kentucky - weekend of April 23-25 billham Unicycling 5 January 26th 04 03:45 AM
Lights for Road Riding Ken Huizenga Techniques 278 January 22nd 04 02:04 PM