When Is Payback For A Stage Win Too Much?

Old September 11th 07, 07:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Default When Is Payback For A Stage Win Too Much?

Or was it payback at all, and is this just a case of sour grapes?
_________
"I think what he [Piepoli] did was shameful," Sastre took aim at Piepoli's
tactics. "It could have been a much nicer stage but this kind of... . We can not call
it alliances. They are 'buys' in your face. These kind of things [make] dirty races;
I think it's not good. Every rider has responsibility of his actions."

--

"I agreed with Carlos," said Beltrán. "They hurt me a lot. I understand there are
always alliances. Yesterday, he [Menchov] let Piepoli win the stage and it's logical

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007...lts/vuelta0710

--
tanx,
Howard

Fabergé eggs are elegant but I prefer Fabergé bacon.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old September 11th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:31:12 -0700, Howard Kveck
wrote:

Or was it payback at all, and is this just a case of sour grapes?
_________
"I think what he [Piepoli] did was shameful," Sastre took aim at Piepoli's
tactics. "It could have been a much nicer stage but this kind of... . We can not call
it alliances. They are 'buys' in your face. These kind of things [make] dirty races;
I think it's not good. Every rider has responsibility of his actions."

--

"I agreed with Carlos," said Beltrán. "They hurt me a lot. I understand there are
always alliances. Yesterday, he [Menchov] let Piepoli win the stage and it's logical
than today he [Piepoli] helped him [Menchov]. This doesn't help the show. I think
that I was the one most damaged."
__________

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007...lts/vuelta0710

Wow...like we need this...if these guys were the strongest they should
have won, like cycling needs this, to lamers complaining...

Old September 11th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
.
com,
Howard Kveck wrote:

Or was it payback at all, and is this just a case of sour grapes?
_________
"I think what he [Piepoli] did was shameful," Sastre took aim at Piepoli's
tactics. "It could have been a much nicer stage but this kind of... . We can not call
it alliances. They are 'buys' in your face. These kind of things [make] dirty races;
I think it's not good. Every rider has responsibility of his actions."

--

"I agreed with Carlos," said Beltrán. "They hurt me a lot. I understand there are
always alliances. Yesterday, he [Menchov] let Piepoli win the stage and it's logical
than today he [Piepoli] helped him [Menchov]. This doesn't help the show. I think
that I was the one most damaged."
__________

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007...lts/vuelta0710

This is stage racing Manny. Belt up and learn to deal.
(Sheesh! What a cry baby.)

--
Michael Press

Payback for Vino shane Racing 0 July 18th 07 06:31 PM
Stage 14 Bob Schwartz Racing 2 May 22nd 06 02:28 AM
Payback Time or "Mr. Armstrong, your check has come due" matabala Racing 1 August 23rd 05 04:49 PM
Cyclist Payback??? mrbubl General 46 May 5th 04 02:51 AM
Stage 19 and Stage 20 Question Ian Racing 5 July 23rd 03 06:44 AM