Cyclist at war!

Old October 21st 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

Default Cyclist at war!

In article ,
KingOfTheApes writes:

But it ain't so much that you
are stupid, it's simply that you are elitist and are selfish as
such...

And yet I'm not out to plant fear into the minds of people,
while you /are/!

I quote here from someone who have figured out that your kind should
shut up and mind your own business..
"First thing I would do would be to purge snobbish/elitist advocates
from leadership or policy making positions at any publicly funded
bicycling advocacy/educational organization; i.e. the clubby
enthusiast type who believes cycling skill (or advocacy goals) is
defined by being a racer (like himself) or a cyclist (like himself)
who moves consistently at speeds greater than 12mph."
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...=1#post7688868

My "kind," eh?

Strike one.

Snobbish/elitist advocate, eh?

Strike two.

Shall we go on to your strike 85?

You're evilly anti-human, and I'm
calling you on it. *You hate bicycling
because it gets in your way as a driver,
and it sticks in your throat like a fishbone.
You're not out to promote bicycling; you're
out to restrict it.

"By their fruits shall ye know them."

Your fruits are distasteful and highly,
bitterly spit-out-able.

And you are despicable for it.

It is /you/ who is not only the elitist snob,
but the greedy pig doing everything you can to
force everybody else out of your way as you
muscle into what you perceive as the free-for-all
traffic trough in which you believe non-drivers
don't belong.

I don't hate you. *I don't pity you. *It's not mine
to harbour either of those sentiments. *I just work
around you, you odious obstacle.

Just as you work against people.

No fear. I'm stating it's a jungle

It's not a jungle, it's Society. If
you can't hack it, that's your prob.

You are indeed a loathesome fearmongerer
with an agendum.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old October 21st 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

In article ,
KingOfTheApes writes:
On Oct 18, 12:48 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:

Biologically, humans /are/ Great Apes, along with
chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas and orangutans.
So, since our "lyric" revolutionary/Pied Piper
claims to be king of us all, he presents himself
as someone suffering some sort of messiach complex.

You are not an ape, you have the brain of a lesser monkey. Now dance a
little bit, stupid monkey...

Whatever I am, I'm glad to be me and not you.
After all, I'm a /real/ bike rider, and not a
phony who's out to prevent would-be bike riders
from hitting the streets.

I find it notable that my acknowledgement of your
delusions has drawn such ire from you. I wish
you luck in dealing with your issues.

Old October 21st 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 20, 11:15*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * KingOfTheApes writes:

[...]

tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca- Hide quoted text -

And how do you know, if you don't live near LA, Chicago, NY, or Miami?

It's NOT a jungle in Key West (and some other islands of peace), but
everything else IS a jungle

Beware of the big predators, you fool.
Old October 21st 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 20, 11:35*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * KingOfTheApes writes:

On Oct 18, 12:48 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:

Biologically, humans /are/ Great Apes, along with
chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas and orangutans.
So, since our "lyric" revolutionary/Pied Piper
claims to be king of us all, he presents himself
as someone suffering some sort of messiach complex.

You are not an ape, you have the brain of a lesser monkey. Now dance a
little bit, stupid monkey...

Whatever I am, I'm glad to be me and not you.
After all, I'm a /real/ bike rider, and not a
phony who's out to prevent would-be bike riders
from hitting the streets.

That you are a soldier who's survived so many wars doesn't prove war
is safe.

Actually, the situation could quite different if you looked what's
going in the rest of the world, including the UK, one of the groups
posted to.

And it could be even better...

Here are some aspects of the problem for those who don't believe they
know everything and there's nothing to change...

Alternative approaches
For most of the 20th Century, many road authorities believed that
traffic should be separated and controlled by class (pedestrian,
bicyclist, and motor vehicle driver) in order to combine high speed
use of motor vehicles with good traffic safety.[7] Acceptance of this
view by the authorities has led to the widespread use of traffic
lights, Belisha beacons, pedestrian crossings, and, in some
jurisdictions, cycle lanes.

Alternatives to this approach have been suggested, such as those
offered by J. S. Dean, a former chairman of the UK Pedestrians'
Association: Better roads, better sight lines, fewer bends and blind
corners, less traffic, better lighting, better visibility, better
weather conditions – all these that are supposed to make for greater
safety, in fact, make for greater danger ... because every
"nonrestrictive" safety measure, however admirable in itself, is
treated by the drivers as an opportunity for more speeding, so that
the net amount of danger is increased and the latter state is worse
than the first.[8]

In the latter part of the 20th Century, alternative design approaches
such as those pioneered in woonerven became more popular. These
approaches, recognising that higher traffic speeds made collisions
more likely and injuries more severe, sought to reduce traffic speeds
in community and housing zones by the use of lower speed limits
enforced by the use of special signage and road markings, the
introduction of traffic calming measures, and by giving pedestrians
priority over motorists.

Criticisms

Non-motorised lobby
Pedestrians' advocates, environmental groups and related organisations
such as RoadPeace have been strongly critical of what they see as
moves to solve the problem of danger posed to vulnerable road users by
motor traffic through increasing restrictions on vulnerable road
users, an approach which they believe both blames the victim and fails
to address the problem at source. This is discussed in detail by Dr
Robert Davis in the book Death on the Streets: Cars and the mythology
of road safety, and the core problem is also addressed in books by
Professor John Adams, Mayer Hillman and others.

It is argued by some that the problem of road safety is largely being
stated in the wrong terms because most road safety measures are
designed to increase the safety of drivers, but many road traffic
casualties are not drivers (in the UK only 40% of casualties are
drivers), and those measures which increase driver safety may,
perversely, increase the risk to these others, through risk
compensation.

castitlivevideo.com/play.php?vid=567
Old October 21st 08, 05:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 20, 8:57 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
KingOfTheApes wrote:
On Oct 19, 1:01 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
S'mee wrote:
On Oct 18, 9:30 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Elitest scum.
Context man!

Take that mass what ever the hell you call yourselves and go eat a
spoke sideways.
I have never participated in a Critical Mass ride and have no plans to.
Judging all bicyclists by Critical Mass is like judging all
motorcyclists by the handful of anti-social criminal gang members.

You said you were a collaborator so you don't need to say you are NOT
a rebel.

So what's your viewpoint, dude? Go with the flow? Baaah!

Vehicular cycling and vigorous prosecution of motorists who threaten,
harass and/or strike lawfully riding cyclists. Mandatory education of
motorists on the rights of cyclists.

If we want cycling facilities, build extra wide right lanes.

Yeah sure. That's the way the dealt with it in Europe where streets
are narrower than an American SUV, right?

That would only lead to ever wider SUVs, dummy.

I think even the lesser monkeys are smarter than you.

Sharrows are fine, as long as they are far enough from the curb and/or
parking lane.

Bicycle lanes just lead to motorists believing that cyclists do NOT
belong anywhere else on the road.

Yeah sure. It also leads them to believe that traffic lanes are for
motorized traffic only.

They just don't consider the mundane bicycles traffic, comprende,
lesser monkey?
Old October 21st 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default This IS true discrimination

On Oct 20, 9:03 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:

I've said BIKE LANES, TAME TRAFFIC, OR GO TO HOLLAND, but you are just
picking up on the first one.

Bicycle lanes are separate and unequal facilities.

Why unequal, dummy? Just separate but equal.

This IS true discrimination...

"There's no doubt that car drivers need to clean up their act. Taking
speed limits down to 20mph in built-up areas will make the roads safer
for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians alike. Enforcing the ban on
mobile phone use will help drivers become more attentive. And applying
the Highway Code more strictly will make many people think twice about
engaging in the current bully-boy hierarchy of bigger is better.

Now, saying that motor vehicles should have the same rights as
pedestrians or cyclists is like saying that water skiers should be
allowed on all waters in front of a popular beach. The Highway Code by
instigating this non-sensical equality status, that inevitably leads
to the law of the jungle, is bunk. It has the same moral standing as
the South African Pbutt Law."

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote91
Old October 21st 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 20, 10:49*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:

Well, that the motorcyclists seem to be smarter than those cyclists
who deny bike facilities, don't make them superior, comrade. Just that
the cyclists are plain stupid.

* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The evil anti-cyclist fool who pretends to be pro-cyclist
shows his true colours.

The truth will always out.

Squirm, worm, squirm.

Evil, you must be into some kind of Cult to Stupidity or something,
right, snake?

That thing about the truth is supposed to say something?
Old October 21st 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

(remember that project of the VW?)

Originally Posted by genec
'I don't know of a single American company that makes the bike
components... such as derailuers.

About all you can get "Made in America" is a frame.'

Just thinking about that successful project of the VW, supposed a true
pro-bike revolutionary government (that stops that cheap competition
from communist China) comes to power and wants to build a bike for the
masses...

OK, this is what is what it would look like...

1- Aluminum frame (rust free to take the weather)

2- No derailleur (it sounds like French and it would be less
complicated)

3- Single speed (for greater workout, which leads to healthy masses)

4- Union made (for greater mass participation)

5- Recycled from SUVs (to show there's no more room for junk)...

So what do you think of the VB project, and would you buy one?

WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
(home of the Dutch model!)

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution
Old October 21st 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Originally Posted by Roughstuff

cyclists of the world unite! You've nothing to lose but your chains!

I like the idea of revolutions starting from the ground (pavement? )
up.

roughstuff

***

I sounds like a good foundation for the revolution!

Volks-Bikes and Bike Lanes all over the place.

Old October 21st 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 20, 11:35 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:

You are not an ape, you have the brain of a lesser monkey. Now dance a
little bit, stupid monkey...

Whatever I am, I'm glad to be me and not you.
After all, I'm a /real/ bike rider, and not a
phony who's out to prevent would-be bike riders
from hitting the streets.

I find it notable that my acknowledgement of your
delusions has drawn such ire from you. I wish
you luck in dealing with your issues.

You are such a well behaved sheep that will blend in the wolf in
sheep's clothing.