Shoo Goo for bike repairs

Old March 22nd 11, 10:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default Shoo Goo for bike repairs

Got a tube of this for the first time in years. Fixed the soles of my
favorite Aussie boots very easily. Then I thought--this stuff has got
to have bike applications. So I patched a scuffed hole on a cheap but
very comfy Velo saddle, so water won't get to the padding. Also
patched a few rips on my city bike's cork tape. Not sexy stuff--but
fixes problems. I've heard of using the black version to retread
tubies, but that's probably urban legend.
Old March 22nd 11, 11:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

On 3/22/2011 5:07 PM, landotter wrote:
Got a tube of this for the first time in years. Fixed the soles of my
favorite Aussie boots very easily. Then I thought--this stuff has got
to have bike applications. So I patched a scuffed hole on a cheap but
very comfy Velo saddle, so water won't get to the padding. Also
patched a few rips on my city bike's cork tape. Not sexy stuff--but
fixes problems. I've heard of using the black version to retread
tubies, but that's probably urban legend.

Is there any difference between Goop and Shoe Goo? They look the same,
have similar consistencies, and both smell vaguely of feline urine
(before curing).

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old March 23rd 11, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° wrote:
On 3/22/2011 5:07 PM, landotter wrote:
Got a tube of this for the first time in years. Fixed the soles of my
favorite Aussie boots very easily. Then I thought--this stuff has got
to have bike applications. So I patched a scuffed hole on a cheap but
very comfy Velo saddle, so water won't get to the padding. Also
patched a few rips on my city bike's cork tape. Not sexy stuff--but
fixes problems. I've heard of using the black version to retread
tubies, but that's probably urban legend.

Is there any difference between Goop and Shoe Goo? They look the same,
have similar consistencies, and both smell vaguely of feline urine
(before curing).

I'm unfamiliar with both but a search for "shoe goo vs goop"
finds:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_87...tm.htm#8776161

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old March 23rd 11, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

On 3/22/2011 8:15 PM, A. Muzi wrote:
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° wrote:
On 3/22/2011 5:07 PM, landotter wrote:
Got a tube of this for the first time in years. Fixed the soles of my
favorite Aussie boots very easily. Then I thought--this stuff has got
to have bike applications. So I patched a scuffed hole on a cheap but
very comfy Velo saddle, so water won't get to the padding. Also
patched a few rips on my city bike's cork tape. Not sexy stuff--but
fixes problems. I've heard of using the black version to retread
tubies, but that's probably urban legend.

Is there any difference between Goop and Shoe Goo? They look the same,
have similar consistencies, and both smell vaguely of feline urine
(before curing).

I'm unfamiliar with both but a search for "shoe goo vs goop" finds:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_87...tm.htm#8776161

Shoo Goo works well for reducing wear on and improving the traction of
the hard polymer soles on SiDi MTB shoes.

Old March 23rd 11, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_87...61/mpage_1/key...

Shoo Goo works well for reducing wear on and improving the traction of
the hard polymer soles on SiDi MTB shoes.

--
T m Sherm n - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Holding loose strips of tire tread or filling gaps in tire tread.
Old March 23rd 11, 04:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Mar 22, 6:59*pm, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 3/22/2011 5:07 PM, landotter wrote:

Got a tube of this for the first time in years. Fixed the soles of my
favorite Aussie boots very easily. Then I thought--this stuff has got
to have bike applications. So I patched a scuffed hole on a cheap but
very comfy Velo saddle, so water won't get to the padding. Also
patched a few rips on my city bike's cork tape. Not sexy stuff--but
fixes problems. I've heard of using the black version to retread
tubies, but that's probably urban legend.

Is there any difference between Goop and Shoe Goo? *They look the same,
have similar consistencies, and both smell vaguely of feline urine
(before curing).

Are your cats ****ing complex carbon chains? More importantly: are you
huffing the fumes, and is it a wicked buzz?
Old March 23rd 11, 08:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Sherm works in asphalt.....Goop's carrier is toulene et al.

saddle repair
1 Aug 9 2005
2 Aug 12 2005

riders emailed thanks for saving saddles. when the first coat begins
tearing off, trim with razor and recoat.
The 1st spare Spec saddle here......lets see hmmmm left stern near
tilt alarm box......is on its 4-5 recoating at 12 years and maybe
14,000 miles ?

The different tubes are different mixes but same stuff. For saddles
Shoe Goo isnot best-too stiff-try Sports Goop. Auto Goop is very stiff
for dripless apps.

when you glue think try Seattle Fabrics for nylon and NRS kayak for
other surfaces. Then go to the muthaload- 3M - and over to Graingers
to see what costs.

SF's nylon glue is incroyable.
Old March 23rd 11, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

yeah , forgotto.
GOOP isnot glue, at least not like contact cement, its more like an
advanced state mucilage.
No, it does not adhere as glue two sides, to tubes or patches

Old March 23rd 11, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Smith[_6_]

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 22:03:46 -0700, couldnae haud
thur wheesht ony mair an' gied us this:

T m Sherm n _ wrote:
On 3/22/2011 5:07 PM, landotter wrote:
Got a tube of this for the first time in years. Fixed the soles of
my favorite Aussie boots very easily. Then I thought--this stuff
has got to have bike applications. So I patched a scuffed hole on a
cheap but very comfy Velo saddle, so water won't get to the
padding. Also patched a few rips on my city bike's cork tape. Not
sexy stuff--but fixes problems. I've heard of using the black
version to retread tubies, but that's probably urban legend.

Is there any difference between Goop and Shoe Goo? They look the
same, have similar consistencies, and both smell vaguely of feline
urine (before curing).

I'm unfamiliar with both but a search for "shoe goo vs goop" finds:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_87...76161/mpage_1/
key...

Shoo Goo works well for reducing wear on and improving the traction of
the hard polymer soles on SiDi MTB shoes.

--
T m Sherm n - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Holding loose strips of tire tread or filling gaps in tire tread.

+1 filling in tread cuts n' holes.

--
Perpetual Calendar - http://www.1r5.net

My Buddy has weird ideas regarding bike repairs Sir Ridesalot Techniques 7 March 14th 11 01:03 AM
Cincinnati donated bike repairs don Techniques 0 February 1st 11 05:31 PM
Bike repairs after RTA. JT UK 4 April 6th 09 06:02 PM
Bike repairs after RTA. [email protected] UK 13 April 5th 09 09:50 PM
Commutting bike = excessive repairs Paul Healy UK 40 June 20th 05 08:07 AM