Spitting cyclist fined

Old February 16th 12, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mr Benn[_4_]

Default Spitting cyclist fined

A CYCLIST has been ordered to pay a motorist £300 in compensation after he
spat on him and damaged his car.

Southampton Magistrates' Court heard how Simon Croucher, 23, became angry at
a Ford Mondeo driver at the junction of South Street and New Road in Hythe
on November 16 last year.

Croucher, of Brook Row, Ladycross Road, Hythe, who admitted assault and
criminal damage, was also ordered to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/9525...cyclist_fined/

Old February 16th 12, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Tour of Oman Stage 2: Peter Sagan wins for Liquigas-Cannondale, movesinto race lead

QUOTE:

Peter Sagan of Liquigas-Cannondale, who lay seventh overall after
yesterday’s opening stage, has won Stage 2 of the Tour of Oman and
takes over the race lead from Lotto-Belisol's André Greipel.
GreenEdge's Baden Cooke was second today, with Rabobank's Tom Slagter
third.

The late arrival of a ferry caused an hour’s delay to the start of the
140.5km stage mainly along the coast from Sur to the Wadi Dayqah Dam.
Once the riders did start racing, however, it didn’t take long for a
four-man breakaway to form.

Three of those riders – Martin Kohler and Klaas Lodewijk of BMC Racing
and Farnese Vini’s Diego Caccia – still had two and a half minutes on
the chasing peloton with 20km to go, and with the route heading inland
on rolling roads, it wasn’t guaranteed they would be caught.

The gap was halved over the next 10 kilometres, however, and the catch
finally made 5km out as the race headed towards its finale, with
Liquigas-Cannondale among those working hard at the front, on what
would prove to be a successful afternoon for them.

http://road.cc/content/news/52678-to...oves-race-lead

--
Simon Mason
Old February 16th 12, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_4_]

Default Help for alcoholics (10 pints a night)

www.drugandalcoholrehab.co.uk
Old February 16th 12, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Feb 16, 12:42 pm, wrote:
[...]

I must remember to catch up with the highlights on Eurosport later
when I get home.
It sounds a good stage.

--
Simon Mason
Old February 16th 12, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:39:15 -0000, "Mr Benn"
wrote:

A CYCLIST has been ordered to pay a motorist £300 in compensation after he
spat on him and damaged his car.

Southampton Magistrates' Court heard how Simon Croucher, 23, became angry at
a Ford Mondeo driver at the junction of South Street and New Road in Hythe
on November 16 last year.

Croucher, of Brook Row, Ladycross Road, Hythe, who admitted assault and
criminal damage, was also ordered to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/9525...cyclist_fined/

Good. It's time the law toughened up on yobs.

100 hours community work seems abnormally long for yobbish behaviour -
I wonder if there is more to this than the report suggests.
Old February 16th 12, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:02:34 +0000
Bertie Wooster wrote:
100 hours community work seems abnormally long for yobbish behaviour -
I wonder if there is more to this than the report suggests.

Maybe he's got prior. Sounds like the kind that would.

B2003

Old February 16th 12, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Feb 16, 12:59*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
On Feb 16, 12:42 pm, wrote:

[...]

Simon Mason- Hide quoted text -

It was not being shown.
What do I waste my £60 a month one wonders?

--
Simon Mason

Old February 16th 12, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

On Feb 16, 12:42 pm, wrote:

[...]

Mrs M says she likes the movie channels.
At least someone gets enjoyment from it then.

--
Simon Mason

Old February 16th 12, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Feb 16, 4:57*pm, "Paul - xxx" wrote:

I guess there's a bit more to this than is reported .. Why was he angry
at the driver? for instance .. not that I condone spitting, I don't,
filthy thing to do.

Indeed.
I snot gunk out of both nostrils though.

--
Simon Mason