WHY are cyclists riding at night ?

Old October 7th 14, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default WHY are cyclists riding at night ?

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 10:09:14 AM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
On 10/7/2014 9:23 AM, sms wrote:

On 10/6/2014 6:41 PM, Duane wrote:

I don't for a second think that Frank advocates anything other than

Frank's

imagined superiority.

His attempt to bully Joerg just ****ed me off. He's run off enough people

with his crap. Anyway he's back in my kill file. I apologize for the

wasted bandwidth.

If he's run anyone off then those people are too sensitive and they need

to learn to ignore people like that act like that rather than to try to

engage them in discussion.

You filter your oil, filter your water, filter your lint, filter your

air, filter your fuel, filter your Republicans, and you need to filter

your Usenet.

It's not a matter of being too sensitive. Anyone using usenet is

probably relatively thick skinned. When I first came here I have a

question about a frame noise. I had several people offer suggestions.

It was a while before I encountered anything strange. Once I mentioned

a cracked helmet it came like a **** storm. By then though I knew there

were normal people here that had some good knowledge.

I've seen a few people come here and get accosted on their first post.

If that happened to me I would just assume that I found my way under the

troll bridge and blow it off. I mean why bother? As it is, after all

this time I'm starting to wonder why bother anyway. When is the last

time that we had any decent thread that wasn't hijacked into some anti

helmet, anti facilities, anti roadie or what nonsense?

And therein lies the answer to why so many have left these rec.bicycles groups.

You can have something happen to you or very nearly happen to you and if you post about it here then some all seeing, all knowing person will tell you that yo're wrong about that event.

Many of the really great helpers such as Peter Chisholm simply got fed up with the trolling and flaming and left. I wonder if Dan simply got fed up too and went elsewhere?

Cheers
Old October 7th 14, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default How Frank Krygowski has ruined and is ruining RBT

You assume there is plan, do you then, George Clive? Nah, I just kick Krygowski when I see him because my family doesn't believe in letting the peasants get uppity. Everything else Krygowski has done to himself by the weakness and viciousness of his character. All I did was stand tall for truth and free speech for all.

Andre Jute
Charisma is the art of infuriating the ungodly (and the minor techies) by just existing elegantly

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 6:21:38 PM UTC+1, Clive George wrote:
On 07/10/2014 17:50, Andre Jute wrote:

I had the same experience when I first arrived. Krygowski announced that he

considered me a troublemaker and would drive me out.

I don't believe you. Frank's posts are archived by google, so you should

be able to provide a link to him saying that.

I stayed only to teach Krygowski a lesson in manners.

He seems to be doing fairly well in that regard. You've posted a steady

stream of personal attacks on him, and he's ignored them. He's

demonstrating good manners, you're not.

which is why I still kick him in the goolies every time I see him.

Your kicks seem to miss every time. They make you look angry and

impotent, and they make Frank look good.

Old October 7th 14, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/7/2014 12:50 PM, Andre Jute wrote:

I had the same experience when I first arrived. Krygowski

announced that he considered me a troublemaker and would drive me out.

False. Soon after you arrived, you entered into a discussion of
aerodyamics, in which you touted your sit-up-and-beg comfort bike,
claiming you easily hit 60 mph (IIRC) on a short Irish downhill. Carl
Fogel was the main person claiming that was nonsense. You eventually
amended your story, claiming that you had hired a truck driver to bolt a
plywood shield across the back of his truck for you to draft, and having
him tow you up to speed with a rope.

I never said I would drive you off. I simply decided you were not worth
my time, so I skip reading almost all your posts. I think my judgment
has been confirmed. You're one of a very few people who start threads
with the express purpose of insulting others.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 7th 14, 09:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

AMuzi writes:

On 10/7/2014 7:31 AM, Duane wrote:
On 10/7/2014 3:31 AM, Rolf Mantel wrote:
Am 06.10.2014 17:16, schrieb Duane:

I can get any lights that I want, even those made in
Germany, and either
install them on my bike or have the LBS install them.

Why they aren't installed on the new bikes by default I
would guess has
more to do with which ones, if any the buyer wants.

That's where government regulation is extremely useful on
the low-price
segment. In Germany, I can buy a $200 bicycle at the
superstore, and it
has a hub dynamo; Only expensive MTBs and racing bikes don't.

That sounds Ok I think, depending on what the $200 bicycle
would cost without the hub dynamo.

What generally happens in Canada and specifically in Quebec
is that something is mandated and the cost is passed
directly to the consumer. We tend to have strange laws here
to protect the producers and not the consumers. There is a
board, for example that sets minimum (not maximum) prices
for milk. As a result, you can pay twice the price for
Quebec Camembert that you would pay for the French product.
I think this is some strange version of trickle down
economics or something.

Exactly the opposite. It's regulatory capture.

It's also alive and well in the USA:

http://www.fsa.usda.gov/FSA/newsRele...p_en_mpsp.html

http://preview.alturl.com/us86o

Prices are kept up not directly by fiat, but by buying dairy products
and giving them away to those that otherwise would not buy them
("government cheese").

Currently the USDA is buying up mass quantites of pink salmon in the
same kind of program.
Old October 7th 14, 09:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/7/2014 3:20 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
AMuzi writes:

[...]

There are thousands of examples from Taxi Commissions to
required licensing for braiding hair to the Federal Reserve.

Dairy is among the least expensive and yet offensive
nonetheless probably because no one really understands
modern bank regulation.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 7th 14, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 10/7/2014 1:20 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:

snip

Prices are kept up not directly by fiat, but by buying dairy products
and giving them away to those that otherwise would not buy them
("government cheese").

Currently the USDA is buying up mass quantites of pink salmon in the
same kind of program.

In California, milk prices are kept artificially high and stores are not
permitted to sell below a certain price.

All for a product that is not really good for humans anyway.

Old October 7th 14, 11:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:12:41 PM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/7/2014 12:50 PM, Andre Jute wrote:

I had the same experience when I first arrived. Krygowski

announced that he considered me a troublemaker and would drive me out.

False. Soon after you arrived, you entered into a discussion of
aerodyamics, in which you touted your sit-up-and-beg comfort bike,
claiming you easily hit 60 mph (IIRC) on a short Irish downhill.

There are three lies in Frank Krygowski's first sentence (we'll ignore the sneers, some of which are lies too -- poor Frank Krygowski can't help himself). I didn't say I "easily" hit 60mph, I didn't say "60mph" (I said "ton", meaning 100kph), and I didn't say it was a "short" hill. Krygowski, in his usual slimy manner of putting words in people's mouths, invented those details. He has been corrected on them often but still he maliciously tells the same lies.

Carl
Fogel was the main person claiming that was nonsense. You eventually
amended your story, claiming that you had hired a truck driver to bolt a
plywood shield across the back of his truck for you to draft, and having
him tow you up to speed with a rope.

This is another lie. "Eventually" tries to imply I deliberately withheld part of the story. I didn't "amend" any story, either, I added details to it as I discovered that people considered such details important. I just didn't know that these clowns Fogel and Krygowski started foaming at the mouth at truck-assisted bicycle speed, or I would have said "truck-assisted" in the headline. This is another example of Krygowski putting absolutely the worst possible interpretation on the innocent actions of those he considers his "enemies"; the man has zero goodwill; he's a through-and-through rolling pussball of spite.

I never said I would drive you off. I simply decided you were not worth
my time, so I skip reading almost all your posts.

Congratulations, Krygowski. It took you about ten years to learn what the Magnequest Scum, who are very dumb indeed, took only six years to learn, that if you **** with me, i shall smile and turn the other cheek and crack infuriating jokes about how insipid your dick is, and the weakness and viciousness of your character will do you in.

I think my judgment has been confirmed.

Oh, absolutely, Krygo. Many years down the line, I jerk your leash and here you're writing to me, justifying your actions in picking on a new poster, in effect admitting to Duane's charge that you're bullying scum, and adding the further admission that you always were bullying scum. Fabulous judgement. (Jesus, save me from this smugly self-satisfied ******.)

You're one of a very few people who start threads
with the express purpose of insulting others.

You're due no respect, Krygowski; quite the contrary: your every spiteful action merits insults. You and Fogel attacked me without provocation. You have no pride and no dignity, and no decency either. I gave you an opportunity to apologize but you, clearly no gentleman, threw it back in my face. And you complain when I insult you? You're a sickening hypocrite, Krygowski, as well as a bully and a liar.

Poor Franki-boy. A lifetime of bad decisions. They follow, as day follows night, from the flaws in his character.

Andre Jute
Boss psychologist
Old October 7th 14, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:12:41 PM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski to Andre Jute:

I simply decided you were not worth
my time, so I skip reading almost all your posts. I think my judgment
has been confirmed.
--

- Frank Krygowski

I'm quoted on bicycles in the Wall Street Journal, and you, Krygowski, can't even persuade anyone on your home newsgroup that the sun shines outside. The comparison is a perfect judgement on your futile dream of being a "bicycle spokesman".

Andre Jute
I let others brag about "perfect judgement". I just get the job done right.
Old October 8th 14, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 08:31:11 -0400, Duane
wrote:

[...]

I think that the consumer being billed for any additional cost items
is a normal business practice, at least among companies that are
solvent :-)
Regardless of who specified them.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old October 8th 14, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

The argument seems to be that with government legislating mandatory lights
the cost would be less. I think this wouldn't be the case here and
possibly the opposite would happen. The costs or at least the cost to the
consumer would be inflated.

--
duane

Night riding The Bruiser Unicycling 20 November 4th 06 08:22 AM
Night riding tedward Unicycling 2 May 14th 06 11:43 AM
Riding at Night Tim Nunes General 14 January 21st 06 02:16 AM
Night riding. Callistus Valerius Racing 26 February 22nd 05 12:13 AM
Night riding... Absent Husband Australia 67 January 16th 05 07:44 PM