Annoying creaking sound

Old February 28th 04, 12:27 PM
Bazza

Default Annoying creaking sound

Hi guys, I have this annoying creaking sound, thats driving me nuts.

I think its the saddle, but I have tried changing 3 saddles, and greased the
seat post and the saddle connector, but still there is this creaking sound.
If I stand and pedal it stops, so I am thinking it must be the saddle or
seat area.
Its a good quality Giant MTB.
Any suggestions please, before I go nuts.
Cheers

Old February 28th 04, 02:10 PM
wassupdawg

rigid or dually rear end

process of elimination i guess. can you momentarily swap over wit
another (mate's?) seatpost/seat just to make sure its not somewher
all together else like BB, headset. Doesnt sound likely if it goe
when stomping but you never know. Its like that sodding spider tha
takes up residence in the car and puts a nice little web around you
RVmirror or plates. You can kill it, but his mate just logs on a
takes up the cause..

-

Old February 29th 04, 12:37 AM
Ashley

"Bazza" wrote in message
Hi guys, I have this annoying creaking sound, thats driving me nuts.

I think its the saddle, but I have tried changing 3 saddles, and greased

the
seat post and the saddle connector, but still there is this creaking

sound.
If I stand and pedal it stops, so I am thinking it must be the saddle or
seat area.
Its a good quality Giant MTB.
Any suggestions please, before I go nuts.
Cheers

Does it make the noise if you grab the seat with your hands and twist it
around? Have you tried greasing the interface between the seat clamp and the
frame? In my experience creaks generally come from the seat post rather than
the saddle itself.

Phil
-posting from a friends computer

Old February 29th 04, 04:26 AM

"Bazza" == Bazza writes:

Bazza Hi guys, I have this annoying creaking sound, thats driving
Bazza me nuts. I think its the saddle, but I have tried changing 3
Bazza saddles, and greased the seat post and the saddle connector,
Bazza but still there is this creaking sound. If I stand and pedal
Bazza it stops, so I am thinking it must be the saddle or seat
Bazza area. Its a good quality Giant MTB. Any suggestions please,
Bazza before I go nuts. Cheers

It's my shoes that do the creaking. Drove me nuts trying to pin it
down, now I know what it is I don't worry too much about it. They're
comfy shoes :-)

--
Cheers
Euan

Old March 3rd 04, 01:10 AM
flyingdutch

i think my joints creak on cold mornings..

-

Old March 3rd 04, 03:10 AM
hippy

flyingdutch wrote:
i think my joints creak on cold mornings...

Try a bong instead

Sort of cycling content follows: Does anyone have suggestions fo
sending two wheels in boxes from Melbourne to Wodonga (actually jus
outside Wodonga)? I have a guy interested in my Mavic CrossRocs but h
wants to know how much postage is. I used DHL guessing 3kg, 70x70x20c
and it will cost $170!!! That's 1/3 the price of the wheels! An
cheaper couriers

hipp

-

Old March 3rd 04, 03:30 AM
flyingdutch

hippy wrote:
Try a bong instead.
Sort of cycling content follows: Does anyone have suggestions for
sending two wheels in boxes from Melbourne to Wodonga (actually just
outside Wodonga)? I have a guy interested in my Mavic CrossRocs but he
wants to know how much postage is. I used DHL guessing 3kg, 70x70x20cm
and it will cost $170!!! That's 1/3 the price of the wheels! Any
cheaper couriers?
hippy

There's them local/route specific couriers that go to Albury/wodonga
dont know any names but googling taxi trucks/couriers and albury/wodong
should get you ther

I'll take em off your hands :

-