Couple organizes life around bikes

Old March 28th 05, 05:34 PM
Maggie

S o r n i wrote:
Maggie wrote:
koko wrote:
He has a ladyfriend he will never marry because he has

accumulated
all this "STUFF" and won't risk another divorce. As he says..."NO
ONE IS GETTING HALF MY **** AGAIN". So he has STUFF...lots and
lots of STUFF and a woman who enjoys it all with him, but will
never take it from him.

Wise is the man who learns from his mistakes...

That is what all his "male" friends tell him. She will probably

stay
with him anyway and when he is 50 he will trade her in for a

younger
model. Men are dogs.

Hold the phone, Mabel. What the hell is SHE?

Barker Bill

SHE is the woman he has been seeing for the past 10 years that he
refuses to marry. He was married ONCE, got divorced, gave up half his
**** in the divorce settlement, and does not want it to happen again.
The SHE will probably end up being dumped when he turns 50 for a
younger model because they are both in their early 40's and he will get
older and more distinguished and she will just get older. Men are dogs.
I repeat. SHE loves him, and I can see it turning into a disaster for
her down the road. She is always hoping he will marry her.

Never gonna happen. He was burned once and he is paranoid about
marrying again. He has a kid from his first marriage, so he doesn't
want anymore. So marrying to have a kid is not an issue, plus she is in
her 40's now and never had a kid. Because he has the misfortune of
loving this guy who won't commit again. He just wants his STUFF, a
woman in his life, and no legal ties to her.
Does that answer your question. SHE loves him. HE is protecting his
assets.
Maggie

Old March 28th 05, 05:54 PM
Maggie

bbaka wrote:
Maggie wrote:
koko wrote:

He has a ladyfriend he will never marry because he has accumulated

all

this "STUFF" and won't risk another divorce. As he says..."NO ONE

IS
GETTING HALF MY **** AGAIN". So he has STUFF...lots and lots of

STUFF

and a woman who enjoys it all with him, but will never take it

from
him.

Wise is the man who learns from his mistakes...

That is what all his "male" friends tell him. She will probably

stay
with him anyway and when he is 50 he will trade her in for a

younger
model. Men are dogs.
Maggie

This will probably mean nothing to the younger and uninformed here

but
here is my best shot. Remember Tracey and Hepburn from way back when

in
the movies? They were an item from the 1930's until his death

somewhere
in the 1950's (60's?) because he was a devout Catholic and would

never
divorce his wife even though he and 'Kate' were the worst kept secret

in
Hollywood history. Take an old movie break and watch an example like
'Adam's rib' from 1947 to see them together and in form. It isn't all

about the bike all the time.
Bill Baka

What about the PRINCE OF ENGLAND and his upcoming marriage. He is
supposed to offer an apology to Camilla's ex husband for screwing her
while they were both married. The whole thing is ridiculous. He
married Princess Diana and kept an affair going which was very public.
Now Diana is dead and he is marrying his lover of all those years. What
the hell are morals anyway. JFK was a hero, and no one cares that he
was unfaithful. The Clinton/Monica thing was bizarre, and now Bill
Clinton is well respected. Even with cigars in his past. I can't even
begin to think about morals. Who has them and who is without them. Our
sports heros are the worst I think. Or maybe our politicians. How the
heck can kids grow up in a world where all is forgiven and have any
perspective on what is right or wrong. I have trouble figuring out what
is right and wrong lately. To me, lying is the sin. I cannot tolerate
lies. I will forgive anyone an indiscretion, but lying makes me nuts.
Since I am more MISC than BIKE......I will end now. I think I am being
paid to work. Its raining in Jersey and I can't ride today anyway. End
of RANT. BYE
Love,
Maggie

Old March 28th 05, 05:58 PM
Neil Brooks

"Maggie" wrote:

Its raining in Jersey and I can't ride today anyway

You could. You just haven't found the right clothes yet.

Riding in the rain -- and there are lots of threads about it -- can be
pretty cool if you have the right lighting, the right understanding
about what changes (traction, braking technique, visibility to those
DAMNED CARS, etc.), and the right clothes.

You should have a go at it . . . especially as the weather gets
warmer. Just start out with a couple miles around the neighborhood a
time or two and read what people have said about how to care for a
bike that's been ridden in the rain....

No lies there ;-)

Course, what do I know. I don't have the sense to avoid riding into
car doors :-)
Old March 28th 05, 06:13 PM
Maggie

Neil Brooks wrote:
"Maggie" wrote:

Its raining in Jersey and I can't ride today anyway

You could. You just haven't found the right clothes yet.

Riding in the rain -- and there are lots of threads about it -- can

be
pretty cool if you have the right lighting, the right understanding
about what changes (traction, braking technique, visibility to those
DAMNED CARS, etc.), and the right clothes.

You should have a go at it . . . especially as the weather gets
warmer. Just start out with a couple miles around the neighborhood a
time or two and read what people have said about how to care for a
bike that's been ridden in the rain....

No lies there ;-)

Course, what do I know. I don't have the sense to avoid riding into
car doors :-)

I run into walls while walking, so who am I to judge. ;-) Glad you can
have a sense of humor about your accident. We need more people in this
world who can ride into a car door than laugh about it. ;-)
Maggie

Old March 28th 05, 06:35 PM
Ken Marcet

"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

S o r n i wrote:
Maggie wrote:
koko wrote:
[...]

How do these threads get so OT????!!!!!

Old March 28th 05, 06:47 PM
S o r n i

(Note: repost yet again -- third time the curse?)

Maggie wrote:
S o r n i wrote:
Maggie wrote:
koko wrote:
[...]

*IF* all that is true, then you can legitimately say that /one/ man is a
dog. (However, I think TEN YEARS says more about her than it does him.)

For you to conclude your diatribe with "men are dogs" is just as bad as a
man ranting "women are whores".

No one is forcing /that/ woman to stay with /that/ man. Do you think all
his wealth and "toys" might be PART of the reason she sticks around?
(Again, TEN YEARS.)

If she truly wants marriage and maybe kids, tell her there's a guy out in
San Diego...

Bill "but I'd need to see a pic first; I guess men ARE dogs" S.

8-)

Old March 28th 05, 06:53 PM
Maggie

Ken Marcet wrote:
"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

S o r n i wrote:
Maggie wrote:
koko wrote:
[...]

OT makes life interesting. Thats why I only post on Bikes.MISC. I am
full of Misc. ;-)
Maggie

Old March 28th 05, 06:56 PM
Maggie

Maggie wrote:
S o r n i wrote:
Maggie wrote:
koko wrote:
[...]

How old are you and what do you look like. Do you have a pic?
Maggie

Old March 28th 05, 07:43 PM
S o r n i

Maggie wrote:

How old are you and what do you look like. Do you have a pic?

A line best used in chat rooms!

I'm 49 going on 12 mentally and 103 physically; too damned handsome to
capture on film. (Yeah, THAT's it!)

Just tell her I've got money.

(Everything on Usenet is true, right?)

Antonia BandBillus

Old March 28th 05, 07:45 PM
Buck

Ken Marcet wrote:
Oh yeah in certain circles out there it is in to be *green*, Leo,

Diaz, and
a couple of others I have heard about but I don't remember who are
eco-friendly.

These celebrities driving a Prius is just a farce. What about the
energy costs for keeping their mansions heated and cooled? What about
the water they use to keep their massive lawns/gardens green?

If they really wanted to be green, they would live in small, highly
efficient homes surrounded by grounds landscaped with local flora which
is adapted to the local environment.

As to the article, I love the way author accuses them of peddling
everywhere they go. Sure, they have a couple of businesses that are
supported by their tandem pentacycle, but I'm sure they aren't
"peddling" all the time.

-Buck