The Obamanation Gets a Dire and Critical Warning From South Africa..

Old November 8th 08, 11:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default The Obamanation Gets a Dire and Critical Warning From South Africa..

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 21:46:04 -0800, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

Anyone hear the man try to talk today?

"A international"

"...president invited Michelle and I to the WH"

"dog from pound a mutt like me"

He doesn't know basic grammar. (No wonder one wonders who really wrote his
books.) If Bush said similar he'd be bashed mercilessly by the biased boobs
masquerading as "reporters".

Wow. Sorni has totally lost it. Not only on substance, but even on
stuff like this it's all "Libs bad, conservatives good."

Listen to a Bush press conference. Listen to Obama. Any reasonable
person would say Obama is a better speaker.

He doesn't know basic grammar.

Every speaker makes grammar errors. It's inherent in talking. But
you're delusional if you if you think Obama is especially bad.

Your hatred and illogic is remarkable.

Bush's verbal missteps would not be a big deal if he wasn't also
bragging intellection ignorance in other ways. Together, they're not a
good sign.
Old November 8th 08, 11:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 21:11:08 -0800 (PST), Andre Jute
wrote:

Actually, the Conservatives were the main opposition to the apartheid
government.

I didn't know the Conservatives were opposition. But certainly the
"main" opposition was the ANC and other banned parties.
Old November 8th 08, 11:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:42:40 GMT, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

Listen to a Bush press conference. Listen to Obama. Any reasonable
person would say Obama is a better speaker.

I have to correct myself. Bush at his best is fine - he doesn't
always sound bad in terms of grammar, word choice, etc. The worst
we've heard from Obama, so far, is fine. It's possible we'll hear
worse. In fact, we probably will hear worse than yesterday.

But from their public speaking in general, it's doubful the worse from
Obama will get close to as regularly bad as from Bush. Bush often
sounds a little dopey and simple. Obama usually sounds
thougtful/nuanceed, or perhaps cleverly evasive if you want to put a
negative spin on it. But not dopey or unintelligent.
Old November 8th 08, 12:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:

"dog from pound a mutt like me"

He doesn't know basic grammar.

BTW - in spoken English, at least in the US, this "like me" (as
opposed to "like I" or "as I am") is not considered an error except by
the extreme grammarians.

See, for example,
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...pagewanted=all

More FAIL from Sorni.
Old November 8th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Sherman[_2_]

wrote:

Anyone hear the man try to talk today?

"A international"

"...president invited Michelle and I to the WH"

"dog from pound a mutt like me"

He doesn't know basic grammar. (No wonder one wonders who really wrote his
books.) If Bush said similar he'd be bashed mercilessly by the biased boobs
masquerading as "reporters".

Wow. Sorni has totally lost it. Not only on substance, but even on
stuff like this it's all "Libs bad, conservatives good."

Listen to a Bush press conference. Listen to Obama. Any reasonable
person would say Obama is a better speaker.

Sorni a reasonable person??? [1]

He doesn't know basic grammar.

Every speaker makes grammar errors. It's inherent in talking. But
you're delusional if you if you think Obama is especially bad.

Your hatred and illogic is remarkable.

Bush's verbal missteps would not be a big deal if he wasn't also
bragging intellection ignorance in other ways. Together, they're not a
good sign.

[1] At least on line. I suspect Sorni may be a troll in the vein of Ed
Dolan.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.
Old November 8th 08, 02:43 PM posted to comp.lang.c,rec.motorcycles.tech,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Andre Jute wrote:
On Nov 8, 5:24 am, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
[...]
Dumbass -

Why, thank you, kind sir. That's the nicest thing anyone thought about
me today.[...]

FYI - Kurgan Gringioni's standard Usenet salutation is "Dumbass", and
has become part of the rec.bicycles.racing culture.

Old November 8th 08, 05:21 PM posted to comp.lang.c,rec.motorcycles.tech,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

Actually, the Rhodesia / Zambia and South Africa cases were a result
of the wholesale replacement of a small minority government. All the
elected leaders, legislators, judges, bureaucrats. In the U.S.,
minorities have slowly been increasing their participation in all
kinds of ways, but are still under-represented. Having Obama as
president won't result in those kinds of looting and corruption.

Of course, there are plenty of cases of local corruption taking
place. East St. Louis, IL has had lots of casess, and the town is
badly depressed since the interstates take the traffic right past the
town. Los Angeles, CA has had lots of troubles too.

I think we are going to see a string of non white male presidents.
The whites stayed fairly close to their traditional Republican /
Democratic split, but Barack got a lot of Black and Hispanic votes.
So future minority candidates that are acceptable to white voters
running against a white male candidate will have high odds of
winning. This will not end until minorities realize that the
candidates principals matter more than their skin color / gender.
Old November 8th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
I have to correct myself. Bush at his best is fine - he doesn't always
sound bad in terms of grammar, word choice, etc. The worst we've heard
from Obama, so far, is fine. It's possible we'll hear worse. In fact, we
probably will hear worse than yesterday.

But from their public speaking in general, it's doubful the worse from
Obama will get close to as regularly bad as from Bush. Bush often sounds
a little dopey and simple. Obama usually sounds thougtful/nuanceed, or
perhaps cleverly evasive if you want to put a negative spin on it. But not
dopey or unintelligent.

But none of them match the poetic scope of Rumsfeld.
Old November 8th 08, 06:59 PM posted to comp.lang.c,rec.motorcycles.tech,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Who Me?

"Kenny McCormack" wrote

This is still off-topic in comp.lang.c.

I plan to run in 4 years. My platform will be "Death to off-topic,
crossposting morons".

The Obamanation Gets a Dire and Critical Warning From South Africa.. tg Racing 97 November 10th 08 07:32 PM
PING South Africa ! thieum Unicycling 0 June 20th 08 09:33 PM
South africa Anders Grund Rides 0 December 7th 04 06:13 PM
South africa Anders Grund Rides 0 December 7th 04 06:13 PM
Unicycles in South Africa ? Dewald Unicycling 2 April 30th 04 11:58 AM