Stupid drunken DH'ers: A XC'ers perspective

Old July 11th 03, 05:16 AM
Slacker

Default Stupid drunken DH'ers: A XC'ers perspective

Read the "June 25 Grrr.... off to Snowshoe again!" report and then click on the "read about it here" link in that same report
http://www.angryasian.com/main.cfm

hmmm....wonder why I didn't here about this in any of the DH forums??
--
Slacker

Old July 11th 03, 05:36 AM
Penny S.

Slacker scribbled :
Read the "June 25 Grrr.... off to Snowshoe again!" report and then
click on the "read about it here" link in that same report
http://www.angryasian.com/main.cfm

hmmm....wonder why I didn't here about this in any of the DH forums??

der... they are perfect, mature, and can do no wrong, what did you
think??!!

penny

Old July 11th 03, 01:02 PM
Michael Dart

"Slacker" wrote in message
Read the "June 25 Grrr.... off to Snowshoe again!" report and then click

on the "read about it here" link in that same report
http://www.angryasian.com/main.cfm

hmmm....wonder why I didn't here about this in any of the DH forums??
--
Slacker

Busted! ;^0

Mike - hehehe

Old July 11th 03, 03:19 PM
MattB

"Slacker" wrote in message
Read the "June 25 Grrr.... off to Snowshoe again!" report and then click

on the "read about it here" link in that same report
http://www.angryasian.com/main.cfm

hmmm....wonder why I didn't here about this in any of the DH forums??
--
Slacker

Not surprising. I realize it's only a few bad apples, but they can be so
bad.

A couple of years ago after the Rage in the Sage there was a post-race party
sponsored my New Belgium Brewery (yum!). We then had races in the parking
lot on little kid's bikes (12" wheels) and townies ("clunkers").
I ended up second in the townie elimination and a guy (a DHer - you could
tell because they are the only fat guys racing) asked me if he could borrow
my bike for another race. I said I guessed he could but to be nice to her.
The bike is a 1950's (or so) JC Higgins girls cruiser that is surprisingly
fast and agile for such an old bike. He borrows it and then has trouble with
one of the pedals, gets ****ed off, and ghost rides her across the parking
lot and into a parked car, bending the forks and putting a ding in the car.
I went to talk to the guy afterwards. To ask "What the hell?" and he's like
"What? It's no big deal.". I told him he was an ass and he messed up my bike
and somebody's car. He response is (rolling up his sleeves) "So, you wanna'
throw then?". I didn't want to "throw". I'm not a violent person, and I'm
sure he would have pummeled me (unless I just ran). He then saw my buddy Bob
(6' 5") standing tall next to me and said something like "Well, I would just
kick your ass but then your buddy would probably kick mine." Then we just
spent the rest of the evening exchanging nasty looks.
Another fine ambassador for his sport. It was probably the same guy at
Snowshoe.

Matt