New to Coker--advice needed

Old August 17th 05, 07:15 PM
Memphis Mud

Default New to Coker--advice needed

I use a "Walk On" mount.

I mount with left foot back. Walk behind Cokie at a slow speed. When
left crank is rounding the 6 o'clock position, I get that left foot on
it. At the same time, give a little jump off of my right foot. The
inertia of that heavy wheel will lift you up like an elevator. The jump
helps put your center of gravity Over the lift. If you don't jump up or
forward enough, the pedal will just hurl your foot in the air while you
fall back onto your right foot. Soon you'll learn to "hit the sweet
spot" where you seem to hover for a sec before gently rolling away.

WARNING....WARNING....WARNING

I hold the front of the seat with my left hand. When I reach the zenith
of my jump, my right arm uncontrollably jerks out to the right. In a
split second, it is fully extended and then folded back to my side. It
is almost imperceptible. If you blink you'll miss it. Like a lightning
fast boxer's jab. Shwaack!

I never realized this was happening until I smacked my friend Charles
right in the mouth. He was passing me from behind at precisely the wrong
moment and... Zabing!! It shock us both. Him more than me.

It is 100% reflex. I can't control it (and still successfully mount the
beast).

So now when I'm mounting Cokie, everyone gives me the same zone of
respect as a helocopter. MUCsters require that I must shout "CLEAR!"
before performing the manouvre.

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

"winter in peanut butter comes turquoise" -Greg Harper
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

Urgent Advice Needed Jeff Grippe Rides 2 September 24th 05 12:10 AM
Urgent Advice Needed Jeff Grippe General 1 September 19th 05 08:02 PM
Rental advice needed for Anaheim, CA area John General 1 December 9th 03 11:30 PM
Rental advice needed for Anaheim, CA area John General 0 December 9th 03 04:34 AM
Long distance transportation advice needed Geoff G General 4 July 13th 03 04:16 PM