College Dorm + Unicycle Limitations

Old June 17th 05, 03:20 AM
unicyclepa

Default College Dorm + Unicycle Limitations

i dont go to colage (only 15) But i do often go the the pocanos and
would love to ride with you guys if thats ok

--
unicyclepa

www.unicyclepa.com
we suck
but its all good
unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246

Old June 17th 05, 03:20 AM
Tim

! I didnt even think of that. Well I go home on the week ends so its not
that bad for me. I'm going to the Williamson Free Trade School.

Ben Plotkin-Swing wrote:
*I'm going to Swarthmore college in Swarthmore PA, outside philly.*

Hey thats not far from half of SWAT. Maybe we can ride sometime.

I dont know how much I'll be avalible though.

--
Tim - Amanda's the sexiest avatar

Tim 'Braun' (http://www.tim.com.mk/izdanija/1/189.jpg)

Old June 17th 05, 03:30 AM
fcwegnm0b

Ben, I'm going to East Stroudsburg University, right on the 'Delaware
Water Gap' (http://www.nps.gov/dewa/)... that site is making me drool. I
can't wait to go check that place out.

Dave

--
fcwegnm0b - HammerTron

"You wanna go to Denny's"

"...Ahh, I'm already there....."
fcwegnm0b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8357

Old June 17th 05, 03:39 AM
tylercox

Why not just get something like this? Rough Sketch:

| Attachment filename: untitled.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/326505|

tylercox - The King of Page 1000

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The first poster on page 1000 of the Most Replies thread! W00T!
tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

Old June 17th 05, 03:40 AM
TrialsUni

Hey,

I had no problems with my unicycle at college. My roomate (which he was
only with me for first semester, then I had the winter to practice in my
room all by myself) was initially like, "What the?" But, he became cool
when I showed him clips and pictures on the internet, because I couldn't
really demonstrate trials in our room or the hallway.

Drunk and high people beware of when riding a college campus, and
especially around these crazy cretins called "freshmen." My school is a
big time party school, and I had a few annoying trashed people try to
ride my uni. I also had some try to tip me over by holding my arm as I
was riding forward around a group of them coming down the sidewalk--and
the kid announced after he let go, "Whoa! He didn't fall over!"

I have been told to not ride in the halls. Heck I rode trials in the
little lounges when I got angry enough about not being able to go out
during the winter months. --One night, practically everyone on the
floor, while arms stretched using both walls as bracing, tried to ride
down the hall. That was fun, and entertaining!

As far as storage? We had lofts with desks under them. So I kept it,
my trials, easily between the edge of my desk, and the legs of my loft.
It didn't take up much space. Three unicycles might be a squeeze with a
roommate, but one is no problem. It also makes a great conversation
piece.

No bikes in building? I had that rule too! Nobody ever said a thing to
me! Heck, there are kids with really decked out BMX or Freeride MTB's,
and they aren't about to leave them outside roped to a bike rack! You
couldn't pay me enough to leave my trials tied to one. People would
tamper with it.

Later,
Evan

--
TrialsUni - Urban Trials Rider
TrialsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7986

Old June 17th 05, 04:03 AM
fcwegnm0b

Thanks for the advice Evan... I would never consider chaining my uni
outside either..

unicyclepa, talk to me on AIM

Old June 17th 05, 04:23 AM
MilkParrot

Me and my roommate had 5 unicycles between us in a pile in the corner.
Just make sure to scrub the tire marks off the walls at the end of the
year. The Clorox disinfectants work well.

--
MilkParrot - Midnight Unicyclist
MilkParrot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8340

Old June 17th 05, 05:24 AM
The Yang

you could try to get your roomate into unicyclin, then you'd have no
problems. I got a single room this year and I'm seriously considering
one of those outdoor bike racks in my room for the uni's. I think the
unis below the Loft is a good idea

--
The Yang - Everything with practice

"Dude, I once saw a unicycle breastfeed a flamingo back to health"
-Random drunk rantings of a drunk man

The Yang's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9517

Old June 17th 05, 10:04 AM
mazem

I hang them on the windowsill by the door:
[image: http://img292.echo.cx/img292/8803/windowsilluni2ws.png]

--
mazem - Department of Redundancy Dept.
mazem's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6620

Old June 17th 05, 11:15 AM
markf

build a loft and store your uni(s) on top of it when you aren't
sleeping. if you keep the tires fairly clean this shouldn't be much of a
problem with dirt. or keep your laundry baskets up there and keep your
unis where you'd keep laundry. pull them down when you need to bed for
sleep or other "activities". you could also move the couch a foot from
the wall and stash a few unis behind there.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Successful start for my unicycle class billham Unicycling 10 October 16th 04 04:52 PM
Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
High School Unicycle Club Memphis Mud Unicycling 11 February 11th 04 02:49 PM
unicycle "article" hell-on-wheel Unicycling 22 January 29th 04 01:36 AM