Reinforcement for GB4 Handle

Old August 17th 05, 08:47 PM
pdc

Default Reinforcement for GB4 Handle

I decided to go to rail adapters on my Coker and dicovered an excellent
benefit. I had used an inexpensive Viscount Base for my Coker with GB4
handle because it was steel. It had been working well for a while.
Lately after some UPD's the base had bent. It bent back and was OK but I
was worried it wasn't a permament deal. I thought I would have to cut
off the brake mount on the rail adapter I got. When I layed it in place
to see how it would fit with the GB4 handle....WOO HOO. I hope this
works with the reeder also. If so they could be used on KH bases without
a problem.

| Attachment filename: rail small.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/349391|

pdc - Unicycling Lord of Lookout Mountain

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"

pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old August 17th 05, 08:51 PM
pdc

The only mod was to drill a hole, a couple of washers and cut a little
bevel at the bottom.

| Attachment filename: rail small 1.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/349393|

Old August 17th 05, 09:43 PM
U-Turn

Looks pretty darn good!

--
U-Turn - Cool water for the flame

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

Old August 17th 05, 10:06 PM
jagur

that baby sould be in a car seat.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old August 18th 05, 03:50 AM
onetrack

nice, I suggest putting a washer on that nut.

Imagine if you had the brake lever welded to the handle, It would
definately add enough support for a plastic base seat.

--
onetrack - training wheel required

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil

What's so scary about evolution theory anyway?
-Foss
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Old August 18th 05, 07:04 PM
pdc

Any updates on the availability of a KH seat stiffener like the one for
the Miyata?

--
pdc - Unicycling Lord of Lookout Mountain

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"

pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

How2 design ergo handle and stress on the arm/elbow teachndad Unicycling 7 November 22nd 04 09:19 AM
Kinport Vs Reeder, and other Seat Q's TheBadger587 Unicycling 4 July 26th 04 01:52 AM
JC Coker Handle (revision Beta 3) john_childs Unicycling 12 May 7th 04 08:48 PM
BC with Handle daino149 Unicycling 8 November 3rd 03 03:24 PM
GB Handle install on Miyata Seat? tomblackwood Unicycling 2 July 14th 03 12:03 PM