What NO Mountain Bikers Are Willing to Admit

Old June 11th 08, 10:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

Default Night Hiking

The Hike was good. It cooled down nicely so I wasn't suffering from
that africa hot and humidity crappe. I buzzed over to crystal springs
turnoff then turned and headed back the same way...it probably would
have been shorter to turn up and head over the crystal springs way but
The trees overhead are MORE on the crystal springs route...where the
other way the moon was shedding just enough light and the treetops
clear so I could see the sky and check out the stars...shame you can
still see the jetstreams from airplanes with the moonlight...shame.
Old June 12th 08, 03:58 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

On Jun 11, 5:54*pm, "
wrote:
The Hike was good. It cooled down nicely so I wasn't suffering from
that africa hot and humidity crappe. I buzzed over to crystal springs
turnoff then turned and headed back the same way...it probably would
have been shorter to turn up and head over the crystal springs way but
The trees overhead are MORE on the crystal springs route...where the
other way the moon was shedding just enough light and the treetops
clear so I could see the sky and check out the stars...shame you can
still see the jetstreams from airplanes with the moonlight...shame.

I've seen a few odd colored lights in the woods in that area, same as
have been reported on the local board. No noise, just the lights,
pretty close too, odd though, like nothing I have seen before.
Old June 12th 08, 05:40 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default What NO Mountain Bikers Are Willing to Admit

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:02:21 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Yawn, same banter, same old articles, nothing but other's material and
Never anything of his own...and review of articles doesn't count. Not
even worth responding to your spam posts.

The same LIES. Don't you have ANY concern for your reputation?

Still waiting for your explanation of why you deliberately LIED:

"I found this picture of Mike Vanderman protesting a bike race...he is
trying to run down the biker...that crazy Mike!! He's always good for
a laugh.

http://bikehugger.com/images/blog/nugget-thumb.jpg"

You aren't going to live this down, until you admit your dishonesty.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 12th 08, 05:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:00:07 -0700 (PDT), Siskuwihane
wrote:

On Jun 11, 9:02*am, "
wrote:
Yawn, same banter, same old articles, nothing but other's material and
Never anything of his own...and review of articles doesn't count. Not
even worth responding to your spam posts.

It's obvious he's suffering from dementia, very common in people who
are as old as he is.

The signs are all there.

Having difficulty recalling recent events.

Not recognizing familiar people and places.

Having trouble finding the right words to express thoughts or name
objects.

Having difficulty performing calculations.

Having problems planning and carrying out tasks, such as balancing a
checkbook, following a recipe, or writing a letter.

Having trouble exercising judgment, such as knowing what to do in an
emergency.

Having difficulty controlling moods or behaviors. Depression is
common, and agitation or aggression may occur.

Not keeping up personal care such as grooming or bathing

Did you say something?

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 12th 08, 05:45 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:54:02 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

The Hike was good. It cooled down nicely so I wasn't suffering from
that africa hot and humidity crappe. I buzzed over to crystal springs
turnoff then turned and headed back the same way...it probably would
have been shorter to turn up and head over the crystal springs way but
The trees overhead are MORE on the crystal springs route...where the
other way the moon was shedding just enough light and the treetops
clear so I could see the sky and check out the stars...shame you can
still see the jetstreams from airplanes with the moonlight...shame.

Isn't in enough that the wildlife have to hide during the day when you
come around? Now they can't even come out at NIGHT? God, how selfish
humans can be!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 12th 08, 10:48 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

Please Mike...it isn't all about you. Sorry for stealing your
thunder.

Regarding those odd colored lights. I didn't see anything but I went
through that exact area on my hike and only saw fireflys but I have to
say I did see a bluish light the one night bout two weeks ago, off
about 1/2 mile. Steady with no flickering and constant. same height
too. it didn't move at all. I watched it closely while approaching but
had to peer down to follow the terrain. The one time I looked up it
was gone and I just couldn't see anything, no sound, no idea where it
was...I lost track though because of the pines so I can't be a good
judge.

I did read on the local board as well once or twice before. The lights
they are reporting are even said to be red and moving sometimes. At
first I figured they were hikers but once again. Some pretty reputable
sources coming forward saying they are bizarre and not moivng, etc.
Weird.
Old June 12th 08, 11:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

"Every recreationist -- whether hiker, biker, horsepacker, or posey
sniffer -- should not begin by asking, 'What's best for ME?' but
rather 'What's best for the bears?'" Tom Butler

Just fot the record. I agree with this statement, just the other day I
was hiking down this path...came upon some mud and walked AROUND it
widening the trail...while laughing in my mind about my deviant
behavior....to my surprise there was a bear and cubs on the other
side...she looked at the widening and with disgusted attitude replied
loudly to her cub children...what's a bear to do...I can't raise my
kids in a atmosphere like this! I heard they moved.

You're a ****Nut Mike.

Old June 12th 08, 08:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JP

Default Vandeman's mental condition

wrote:

It's obvious he's suffering from dementia, very common in people who
are as old as he is.

The signs are all there.

Having difficulty recalling recent events.

Not recognizing familiar people and places.

Having trouble finding the right words to express thoughts or name
objects.

Having difficulty performing calculations.

Having problems planning and carrying out tasks, such as balancing a
checkbook, following a recipe, or writing a letter.

Having trouble exercising judgment, such as knowing what to do in an
emergency.

Having difficulty controlling moods or behaviors. Depression is
common, and agitation or aggression may occur.

Not keeping up personal care such as grooming or bathing.

I don't thnk it is dementia, he's not that old.
He's not too bright but I don't think that's indicative of age,
more that he's just not a smart guy made worse by
his inability to process new information

Mikey was involved with Synanon during it's cult
heyday in the seventies. His mental dysfunction probably started
fairly early. Examination of his letters proudly displayed on his web
site shows a remarkable lack of ability in communication skills,
inability to work effectively with others, and a poor grasp of reality.
He exhibits the social disconnectedness of Asperger's syndrome without
the high IQ typical of that disorder.
He's unable to make use of his "PhD" in any financially, professionally
rewarding or meaningful way. That would indicate that it is probably
worthless except
as he uses it, to create an aura of credibility where there is none.
He's shown a lack of responsibility and character over the years,
even writing to complain about pets allowed to run free as he did the
exact same thing, exhibiting the same hypocritical behavior he has
amply demonstrated here.

He's a classic Walter Mitty personality, a nobody with no influence
who dreams of being a hero. Usenet allow him to create a fantasy of
having power, he posts his pretend research, flaunts his useless
degree to get attention, and gets to respond to others with rudeness,
nastiness, and provocative allegations. He can get away with being
the kind of tough guy that he would never have the balls to be in person.
Naturally he baits mountain bikers here in the safety of the newsgroup,
in the park he lacks the balls for confrontation.

JP

Old June 12th 08, 09:49 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

On Jun 12, 5:48*am, "
wrote:
[...]

I've got a few pics, I'll get them on here when I get a chance.
Old June 12th 08, 09:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

On Jun 12, 6:10*am, "
wrote:
"Every recreationist -- whether hiker, biker, horsepacker, or posey
sniffer -- should not begin by asking, 'What's best for ME?' but
rather 'What's best for the bears?'" Tom Butler

Just fot the record. I agree with this statement, just the other day I
was hiking down this path...came upon some mud and walked AROUND it
widening the trail...while laughing in my mind about my deviant
behavior....to my surprise there was a bear and cubs on the other
side...she looked at the widening and with disgusted attitude replied
loudly to her cub children...what's a bear to do...I can't raise my
kids in a atmosphere like this! I heard they moved.

I just read in PA Game News about a mass migration of black bears from
the Moshannon State Forest. Seems they are under tremendous stress due
to a three foot section of Crystal Springs trail being 4" inches wider
this year.