left turn signal at hwy35 and hwy92

Old July 24th 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default left turn signal at hwy35 and hwy92

I emailed caltrans about a week ago concerning the left turn signal, hwy 35
southbound and hwy 92 at the crystal springs lakes.
The problem developed where a bicycle wants to turn left from the hwy 35
onto hwy 92, and then Canada Road. The signal would ignore a bicycle, and
the only way accros the road would be to run the red light and risk getting
run over.

This is the reply that I got from cal trans.

Einar A Acuna
The State will be installing a camera system for bicycle detection at this
location. The design of the system has been finalized and installation of
the camera will follow. I will attempt to contact you when the system is
up and running

Hope your happy, I frequently ride bicycle sunday's and am out on Canada
Road.

Gregory

Old July 24th 09, 06:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

You have your picture turned around, which makes it confusing. I have a pic
that might turn your point of view around.
Here you go jobst....
http://www.lanaifaith.com/stuff/map.jpg
Gregory
wrote in message
Gregory who? wrote:

I emailed CalTrans about a week ago concerning the left turn signal,
hwy 35 southbound and hwy 92 at the crystal springs lakes.

The problem developed where a bicycle wants to turn left from the
hwy 35 onto hwy 92, and then Canada Road. The signal would ignore a
bicycle, and the only way accros the road would be to run the red
light and risk getting run over.

I'm surprised you got any response with that description of your
problem. Turning left at HWY35 onto HWY92 descends to Half Moon Bay
to the west on the Pacific ocean. Cañada road is east on HWY35/HWY92
and requires a right turn and no traffic light at that intersection
using the right turn curve that has no traffic light.

http://tinyurl.com/lqmclv

This is the reply that I got from cal trans.

# The State will be installing a camera system for bicycle detection
# at this location. The design of the system has been finalized and
# installation of the camera will follow. I will attempt to contact
# you when the system is up and running

# Hope your happy, I frequently ride bicycle sunday's and am out on
# Canada Road.

Jobst Brandt

Old July 30th 09, 01:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Big Jim

That looks like a beautiful ride. You Californians are blessed to
live in such a beautiful state. If you only would get rid of illegals
and get a real conservative governor CA would be close to heaven!