Trains

Old August 24th 09, 05:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Default Trains

In article ,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Fred Fredburger wrote:
William Asher wrote:
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote in
:

Do you ever get concerned the only guy agreeing with you is Kunich?

They only agree to an extent. Tom thinks it's OK for the government to
build roads and raise a standing military. Slave doesn't, but he'd
prefer not to talk about it.

Do you believe that the government shouldn't draft EVERYONE? Everyone should
be responsible for paying some duty to the freedom of the US. Aside from the
taxes they should offer their own mind and body as well. Let's remember that
this is the same thing that happened in 1775.

"[...] this is the same thing that happened in 1775." Uh, what is this "this" you
are referring to, genius? I know they've been trying to get health care reform going
since the time of Teddy Roosevelt but I wasn't aware that Jefferson and Madison were
trying to do it also.

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old August 24th 09, 06:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_3_]

Robert Chung wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
My wife has a painful but non-life-threatening back ailment. The
doctor wants her to get an MRI for diagnostic purposes. She's been on
the waiting list for it since the start of the year. They told her
she might get an appointment in October.

Dumbass,

No one in the US is suggesting that we adopt a Canadian-style
healthcare system. A few years ago I had a little bout with painful
but non-life-threatening sciatica. In socialized healthcare France I
got an appointment for a CAT scan the next day.

A couple of years ago some French friends of ours got a post-doc to study in
the US. A couple of days after their arrival their kid fell and broke her
arm. A trip to the Emergency room began with a request for ability to pay
and ended with a bill for $2000. Last week I had a painful but
non-life-threatening meeting with an asphalt road. In socialized healthcare
France I got an ambulance ride to the hospital, an x-ray, and everything
appropriate for my broken collarbone. Because I speak with an American
accent they just presumed I was a tourist without coverage and treated me
anyway.

Old August 24th 09, 11:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 07:17:43 +0200, "Robert Chung"
wrote:
A couple of years ago some French friends of ours got a post-doc to study in
the US. A couple of days after their arrival their kid fell and broke her
arm. A trip to the Emergency room began with a request for ability to pay
and ended with a bill for $2000. Last week I had a painful but
non-life-threatening meeting with an asphalt road. In socialized healthcare
France I got an ambulance ride to the hospital, an x-ray, and everything
appropriate for my broken collarbone. Because I speak with an American
accent they just presumed I was a tourist without coverage and treated me
anyway.

So basically you were an illegal and they treated you, and now you
want tax paying real Americans from the real America to treat
illegals?!!!?????

Keep government out of my medicare!!!!

Old August 24th 09, 11:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Robert Chung wrote:
Last week I had a painful but
non-life-threatening meeting with an asphalt road. In socialized healthcare
France I got an ambulance ride to the hospital, an x-ray, and everything
appropriate for my broken collarbone.

Oh no! Any Facebook pics?
Old August 24th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Robert Chung wrote:

A couple of years ago some French friends of ours got a post-doc to
study in the US. A couple of days after their arrival their kid fell
and broke her arm. A trip to the Emergency room began with a request
for ability to pay and ended with a bill for $2000. Last week I had a
painful but non-life-threatening meeting with an asphalt road. In
socialized healthcare France I got an ambulance ride to the
hospital, an x-ray, and everything appropriate for my broken
collarbone. Because I speak with an American accent they just
presumed I was a tourist without coverage and treated me anyway.

Firstly, sorry you were injured. But ride a bike and eventually you'll
recieve one of those types of injuries I suppose. Mine was a year and a half
ago now. Though I don't break easily so it ended up just stitches in the
face though luckily the doctor that did that in the emergency room did it so
well that even he has a hard time finding them. The real problem was that
they charged me $18,000 for that 10 mile trip in an ambulance and the time
in the treatment room (since the back of the helmet touched the ground
slightly they were required to look for internal head injuries.)

The real question has to do with French doctors - are they allowed to have
private patients who pay their own bills?

And for those unaware of it - although emergency hospitals in the USA make a
big deal out of getting paid they are required by law to treat everyone that
comes in the door. And they do. I had a brother who was a drug addict and he
would be in the "emergency" hospital for weeks at a time and never paid a
cent.

Old August 24th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_3_]

Tom Kunich wrote:

Firstly, sorry you were injured.

Thanks. No afternoon rides on your (and Greg's) dime for a little while
thoiugh.

The real question has to do with French doctors - are they allowed to
have private patients who pay their own bills?

Of course. You've been spending too much time listening to nutjob talking
points. You know those faceless bureaucrats who stand between patients and
their doctors? Those guys work for American health insurance firms and
decide whether they'll pay for your treatment. But in any event, I have
French health insurance. They just presumed from my accent that I didn't and
treated me anyway.

And for those unaware of it - although emergency hospitals in the USA
make a big deal out of getting paid they are required by law to treat
everyone that comes in the door. And they do.

Not exactly. If an injury is not life-treatening, they don't have to.
Suppose you and Greg were riding together in the clown car and had an
accident in front of Summit Hospital in Oakland, and you were still a Kaiser
member. As long as you didn't have obvious life-threatening injuries Summit
could decline to treat you and send you the four blocks over to Kaiser.
OTOH, once Greg opened his mouth they'd realize he was incoherent and
suspect brain damage so they'd have to take him. If you weren't a Kaiser
member you'd have to go over to Highland Hospital, which is Alameda County's
public hospital.

trains ray Australia 4 January 25th 08 08:06 AM
Bikes on trains and DRL Alex Potter UK 9 December 15th 06 11:27 PM
Recumbents on trains? Pedaldog UK 20 January 17th 06 09:01 AM
Bikes on Trains Tony Raven UK 4 October 16th 05 10:15 AM
Cycles on trains al Mossah UK 11 October 2nd 05 09:42 PM