Buy advice neede - like Specialized M4

Old August 8th 05, 03:38 PM
RichK

Default Buy advice neede - like Specialized M4

Hi,

Sorry this is not techincal, but this is the only newsgroup that gets
serious traffic.

Just looked at Specialized Stumpjumper M4 2004. Like the bike. It's
a very light hadtail without the pricy brakes diskbrakes.

Since I can't visit all the shops and the websites are often slow and
confusing (see Specialized), I'm wondering what other bike would be
similar.

Goal is to get a light hardtail without a disc brake and good fork,
with at least Shimano XT rear derailleur. All on a L frame.

Seems easy enough, but local bike shops do not stock many of these.
Better profit is made from loaded, heavy full suspension bikes, with
complicated disc brakes. Want a simple, but good bike. Ex, below.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=5679
http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=5680

Rich

Old August 8th 05, 07:04 PM
Hank Wirtz

"RichK" wrote in message
Since I can't visit all the shops and the websites are often slow and
confusing (see Specialized), I'm wondering what other bike would be
similar.

Goal is to get a light hardtail without a disc brake and good fork,
with at least Shimano XT rear derailleur. All on a L frame.

Take a look at the Motobecane Fly Pro:

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...ly_pro2005.htm

XT rear (LX front & shifters), Avid 5Digit brakes, and a Pilot SL fork. 20"
is probably about 25 lbs. Only $800.

-HW

Old August 9th 05, 02:05 AM
RichK

"Hank Wirtz" wrote

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...ne_fly_pro2005.
htm

XT rear (LX front & shifters), Avid 5Digit brakes, and a Pilot SL

fork. 20"
is probably about 25 lbs. Only $800.

Thanks, there are several similar bikes at site.

Rich