Ouch!

Old January 11th 06, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Ouch!

I think the P+nct+re Fairy is having a laugh with me this week.

Sometime around the middle of December, my rear tyre picked up a slow
puncture. It was slow enough that I couldn't be bothered to remove the
tyre and fix it, preferring to just keep topping up the air every couple
of days until I needed to remove the tyre for a proper puncture.

When I went to pump up the tyre on Sunday evening I found it completely
flat. No point pumping it up again - it had been behaving as though the
cause of the slow puncture was still there, blocking its own hole, so
pumping it up again once it was completely flat would just make another
hole.

So, I changed the tube on Sunday evening. I found a thorn over 1mm in
diameter, protruding about 1cm into the tyre. I thought it was a nail
at first.

Then, when I got home on Monday evening, I heard the squeak of air
escaping from a wet tyre. So I changed the tube again.

About half an hour ago I went to hang my pannier on my bike ready for
work tomorrow. And found a completely flat rear tyre.

After refitting the wheel, I experienced some difficulty with the rear
V-brake sticking. After I had tightened the spring-arm adjustment bolt
on the right hand side as far as it would go, I realised that the entire
problem had been caused by the spring-arm slipping out from behind the
retaining pin at the top (perhaps with the help of the PF or one of her
friends?). Didn't think to loosen the adjustment bolt before pushing
the spring-arm back behind the pin. It pinged straight back out again
and caught me across the fingernail.

Ouch, ouch, ouch, that hurt!

--
Danny Colyer URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
Subscribe to PlusNet URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/

Ouch and the one-day trailer. Jon Senior UK 1 August 28th 05 12:46 PM
Found a couple bad bike crash videos. Ouch! Wasatch5k Techniques 0 June 27th 05 04:01 AM
Ouch! Joel Mayes Australia 0 May 31st 05 10:09 AM
ouch!! Pain is terrible don't suffer we have relief notjioxceg Stacy London Off Road 1 December 8th 03 06:06 PM
Ouch!!!!!!!! Krashin'Kenny Unicycling 21 October 25th 03 03:59 AM