WTF is with the spandex?

Old May 13th 09, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom_Sherman

Default OT - Outsourcing

Erness Wild wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
(snip) Why should we care? Well, the time may come when its rapidly
growing
economy will allow for China to dictate considerably higher prices
that we will have to pay since we will no longer have the skills nor
manufacturing infrastructure having "outsourced" most everything to
China in the pursuit of cheaper prices. We have basically mortgaged
our economic future.

Good old USA will do what it has always done for manufacturing,
"encourage" engineers, scientists and designers to leave their
homeland and come get rich in USA. It's always been that way.
You should have no worries in that regard.

Not if those jobs can be outsourced for less.

What is needed is outsourced management - European and Japaneses top
executives work for a small fraction of the compensation of their USian
counterparts - what a boon that would be to the shareholders of US based
corporations who are currently getting ripped off by excessive executive
compensation.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old May 14th 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default WTF is with the spandex?

"Erness Wild" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

Edward Dolan did NOT write the following. Damnit, if you are going to bring
my name into it, be sure to bring my thoughts into it also.

(snip) Why should we care? Well, the time may come when its rapidly
growing
economy will allow for China to dictate considerably higher prices
that we will have to pay since we will no longer have the skills nor
manufacturing infrastructure having "outsourced" most everything to
China in the pursuit of cheaper prices. We have basically mortgaged
our economic future.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old May 14th 09, 12:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Tom_Sherman" wrote in message
Erness Wild wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:

Edward Dolan did NOT write:

(snip) Why should we care? Well, the time may come when its rapidly
growing
economy will allow for China to dictate considerably higher prices
that we will have to pay since we will no longer have the skills nor
manufacturing infrastructure having "outsourced" most everything to
China in the pursuit of cheaper prices. We have basically mortgaged
our economic future.

Good old USA will do what it has always done for manufacturing,
"encourage" engineers, scientists and designers to leave their
homeland and come get rich in USA. It's always been that way.
You should have no worries in that regard.

Not if those jobs can be outsourced for less.

What is needed is outsourced management - European and Japanese top
executives work for a small fraction of the compensation of their USian
counterparts - what a boon that would be to the shareholders of US based
corporations who are currently getting ripped off by excessive executive
compensation.

I go along with Tom Sherman here. Why not indeed outsource anything and
everything that can be outsourced. The rest of us can go to the poor house
taking in one another's wash. Frankly, I am fed up with the way Americans
waste everything. We need a good comeuppance. Maybe the Chinese or the
Indians will give it to us. The Europeans and Japanese are as ****ed up as
we are and nothing good will ever come from those places.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Question on wearing Spandex Daryl Hunt General 21 June 18th 07 07:42 PM
Spandex for Men LOL BigRab UK 8 July 17th 06 10:14 AM
Non-spandex bike shorts? Joe S. General 18 August 18th 05 03:00 PM
Spandex brucianna General 6 July 7th 05 04:28 PM
Candidate for congress in spandex? Claire Petersky General 3 September 28th 04 10:13 PM