What size should I buy

Old October 21st 09, 04:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Gilad

Default What size should I buy

I have been doing some reading on different sites, and I am still not
sure what the right unicycle size for me is.
- My height is 190 cm
- My inseam is 92 cm
- I am a total beginner
- My current goal is to learn to unicycle and to use it for short
commute a few times a week.

Should I be looking for a 24'' or 26'' ?
Thanks
Old October 21st 09, 07:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Stephane Chazelas

2009-10-20, 20:59(-07), Gilad:
I have been doing some reading on different sites, and I am still not
sure what the right unicycle size for me is.
- My height is 190 cm
- My inseam is 92 cm
- I am a total beginner
- My current goal is to learn to unicycle and to use it for short
commute a few times a week.

Should I be looking for a 24'' or 26'' ?

The larger the wheel, the faster you will go, and the less
effort it will be for just riding on road. There's not much
difference between 24 and 26, changing crank length will make
more of a difference. I'd go for 26'' so you can find more and
cheaper tires and tubes for instance. I'm the same height and I
do have a 26''. I'm reaching the limit of the seat post length
when using short cranks (90mm), so you might have trouble with
some 24''.

--
Stéphane
Old December 9th 09, 01:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TK

Gilad wrote:
I have been doing some reading on different sites, and I am still not
sure what the right unicycle size for me is.
- My height is 190 cm
- My inseam is 92 cm
- I am a total beginner
- My current goal is to learn to unicycle and to use it for short
commute a few times a week.

Should I be looking for a 24'' or 26'' ?
Thanks

I think for most use the 24 is the better choice. It gives reasonable
speed and flotation over bumps.

--
TK
http://www.wejuggle2.com/