Don't make Lance Mad

Old August 5th 04, 04:42 AM
Raptor

Default Don't make Lance Mad

After wading through nearly two hours of Lance Commercial re-runs, they
finally get to the new stuff.

"Yesterday was for all the German fans who spit on us all the way up
Alpe du'Huez. They were spittin', yellin', cussin', screaming. Kloden
attacked... Then I remembered a couple lugies in the face and I said,
'No, he can't win. He's not supposed to win.'"

(And then my tape runs out five minutes later. That sucks.)

"We should not march into Baghdad. ... Assigning young soldiers to
a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning
them to fight in what would be an unwinnable urban guerilla war, it
could only plunge that part of the world into ever greater
instability." George Bush Sr. in his 1998 book "A World Transformed"

Old August 5th 04, 04:56 AM
Chris

"Raptor" wrote in message
After wading through nearly two hours of Lance Commercial re-runs, they
finally get to the new stuff.

"Yesterday was for all the German fans who spit on us all the way up
Alpe du'Huez. They were spittin', yellin', cussin', screaming. Kloden
attacked... Then I remembered a couple lugies in the face and I said,
'No, he can't win. He's not supposed to win.'"

That is really nasty. I would understand his reaction, but then a few
moments (if that) later I would remember that it was not Kloden that spit at
me. Also, maybe Lance needs to spend a little more time with the real
cycling legends to see what they had to endure. AFAIK, Lance has never had a
finger touch him nor has he ever been impeded (unless you count the 10 year
old that was holding the bag he ran in to last year). Look at what has
happened to guys like Belli, Guerini, (not to mention Eddy) etc. I guess a
lot of Lance-o-files never notice how many damn negative stories he has to
tell about the Tour and his competitors, fans and so on. If you want to hear
about a hero, he will talk about himself forever and a day (or at least
enough for a few books). He sure does not like people much.

(And then my tape runs out five minutes later. That sucks.)

Old August 5th 04, 05:14 AM
Jiyang Chen

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..

That is really nasty. I would understand his reaction, but then a few
moments (if that) later I would remember that it was not Kloden that

spit at
me.

But letting Kloden win would satisfy the fans that spit at you/him.

Old August 5th 04, 06:17 AM
Chris

"Jiyang Chen" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..

That is really nasty. I would understand his reaction, but then a few
moments (if that) later I would remember that it was not Kloden that

spit at
me.

But letting Kloden win would satisfy the fans that spit at you/him.

Yeah, that is what sports are all about. Getting back at fans.

I would hope he can come up with better motivation than that. Knowing what I
do about Lance, that probably explains why he won 5 stages this year.

Old August 5th 04, 07:02 AM
Stewart Fleming

Raptor wrote:

After wading through nearly two hours of Lance Commercial re-runs, they
finally get to the new stuff.

"Yesterday was for all the German fans who spit on us all the way up
Alpe du'Huez. They were spittin', yellin', cussin', screaming. Kloden
attacked... Then I remembered a couple lugies in the face and I said,
'No, he can't win. He's not supposed to win.'"

(And then my tape runs out five minutes later. That sucks.)

Interesting.
http://groups.google.co.nz/groups?se...&output=gplain

Old August 5th 04, 01:34 PM
gooserider

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..

"Jiyang Chen" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..

That is really nasty. I would understand his reaction, but then a few
moments (if that) later I would remember that it was not Kloden that

spit at
me.

But letting Kloden win would satisfy the fans that spit at you/him.

Yeah, that is what sports are all about. Getting back at fans.

I guess there are two ways to react to fan harrassment--

1) Quit
2) Use it as motivation

Obviously Lance used #2.

Old August 5th 04, 02:42 PM
Jonathan v.d. Sluis

"gooserider" schreef in bericht
.. .

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..

"Jiyang Chen" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..

That is really nasty. I would understand his reaction, but then a

few
moments (if that) later I would remember that it was not Kloden that
spit at
me.
But letting Kloden win would satisfy the fans that spit at you/him.

Yeah, that is what sports are all about. Getting back at fans.

I guess there are two ways to react to fan harrassment--

1) Quit
2) Use it as motivation

Obviously Lance used #2.

There are different ways of motivating yourself, and trying to prove oneself
is a method worthy of more respect than just trying to make others
miserable. But then again, if Armstrong emptied a machinegun at the fans
there would probably still be people defending him, so these discussions
don't really matter.

Jonathan.

Old August 5th 04, 03:07 PM
CowPunk

That is really nasty. I would understand his reaction, but then a few
moments (if that) later I would remember that it was not Kloden that spit at
me. Also, maybe Lance needs to spend a little more time with the real
cycling legends to see what they had to endure.

It was either Eddie M. or Bernard H., who made the comment "NO GIFTS" and
applauded lance after beating Kloden in the sprint. They were quite
happy that he choose to sprint instead of just letting Kloden win.
If LA has any fault, it's that he has shown mercy on the peloton and
given too many stage victories away. ie. Ivan Basso

AFAIK, Lance has never had a
finger touch him nor has he ever been impeded (unless you count the 10 year
old that was holding the bag he ran in to last year). Look at what has
happened to guys like Belli, Guerini, (not to mention Eddy) etc. I guess a
lot of Lance-o-files never notice how many damn negative stories he has to
tell about the Tour and his competitors, fans and so on. If you want to hear
about a hero, he will talk about himself forever and a day (or at least
enough for a few books). He sure does not like people much.

Maybe you need to visit Childrens Hospital in Dallas and talk to some
cancer patients?
Old August 5th 04, 03:22 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:

"gooserider" schreef in bericht
.. .

"Chris" wrote in message
m...

"Jiyang Chen" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

1) Armstrong didn't empty a machine gun.
2) Who would defend him, the Branch Davidians? Why would you take such
a gratuitous swipe at his fans?

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old August 5th 04, 03:31 PM
Jonathan v.d. Sluis

"Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS" schreef in
bericht ...
Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:

"gooserider" schreef in bericht
.. .

"Chris" wrote in message
m...

"Jiyang Chen" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

Oh?

2) Who would defend him, the Branch Davidians? Why would you take such
a gratuitous swipe at his fans?

Steve

Because he can say such incredibly ****ty things, but there is still debate
about whether he is a Nice Person or not. But he is full of pride, and
people like that act like bags of **** every now and then. It just happens
and I don't see why it causes such anger. He's just not (always) a nice man.
Perhaps he made a bad move by pretending to be a heroic role model rather
than a human being, but many people like such a thing and more power to him
if that's his way to earn a living.

And after being called anti-semitic just because I'm from Europe, this swipe
seemed rather mild.

Jonathan.

LANCE ARMSTRONG'S BID FOR COVETED SIXTH TOUR DE FRANCE FOILED Richard Longwood Racing 6 June 28th 04 03:06 AM
Armstrong's Solicitors Visit Emma B. Lafferty Racing 5 June 19th 04 05:27 AM
Lance and Bicycling Michael Zaharis Racing 44 February 21st 04 03:22 AM
Lance movie Callistus Valerius Racing 60 January 7th 04 03:22 PM
Lance and Sheryl On The Cover...... B. Lafferty Racing 101 November 16th 03 09:22 AM