Frame mount bike stand

Old April 28th 05, 02:37 AM
JohnC

Default Frame mount bike stand

Many years ago I purchased a frame mounted clip that attaches to the bottom
tube. It is about two inches long and when open, it locks against the front
tire essentially keeping the bike from rolling and acting as a crude stand
when the bike is resting against something.

Does anybody know where to purchase one of these? Are they available for
larger aluminum frame tubes?

Thanks
JohnC

Old April 28th 05, 02:56 AM
David White

Perhaps you are talking about the FlickStand (?) by Rhode Gear. I believe these
are now extinct. At any rate this was Sheldon's comment in a previous post on
this topic. Perhaps watch Ebay?

Old April 28th 05, 12:27 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:37:30 -0500, "JohnC"
wrote:

Many years ago I purchased a frame mounted clip that attaches to the bottom
tube. It is about two inches long and when open, it locks against the front
tire essentially keeping the bike from rolling and acting as a crude stand
when the bike is resting against something.

I use a toestrap on the front brake lever.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound
Old April 28th 05, 01:50 PM
Neal the Nerd

John,

I have an old bike with that very same clip, but let me give you a MUCH
easier way to accomplish the same task without adding an accessory to your
bike. I learned the trick from Roadbikerider.com. Lean your bike up
against a pole in the "crook" of the saddle (the part on the side where the
tongue becomes wider to accomodate your "sit" bones), then rotate one of the
pedals so that the peddle is up against the front part of the
pole (-"crook" of the saddle up against the back of the poll, peddle against
the front part of the pole). If the bike trys to roll forward, the wider
part of the saddle will hold the bike in place (the rear side part of the
saddle that you sit on.) if the bike tries to roll backward (towards the
tongue of the saddle) the peddle will stop the bike. Try it, it works, and
without the necessity of adding a component. -Or you can just carry a
bungee cord and run it thru the front and rear wheels. That'll do two
things. It'll keep the wheels from rolling, and also keep the front wheel
from turning.

Now, the hard part will be understanding what I've just typed (I had to play
with it awhile to get the knack of it).

Old May 1st 05, 10:58 PM
LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m

JohnC wrote:

Many years ago I purchased a frame mounted clip that attaches
to the bottom tube. It is about two inches long and when open,
it locks against the front tire essentially keeping the bike
from rolling and acting as a crude stand when the bike is
resting against something.

That was a "Flickstand", made by Rhode Gear. I had one of them on my old
Fuji "Grand Tourer" and it worked well for the purpose.

Does anybody know where to purchase one of these?

They disappeared after Bell bought Rhode Gear in 1989.

19 Days to go: NBG Mayors' Ride Excitement #5 Cycle America Recumbent Biking 0 March 30th 05 07:32 PM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Help with Skill Level Modified Mount Rules TonyMelton Unicycling 3 July 22nd 04 11:01 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM