The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

Old January 11th 14, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan quoted:

“As far as I can tell, the mountain bikers are totally silent on the
subject of these horrific accidents, and what they imply about the
danger of mountain biking. Am I wrong?

Yes, Ed, you're totally wrong. Mountainbikers are completely aware of the risks and post videos and pictures of mishaps. We choose to go out and live our lives and accept those risks.

Young women and kids do not have a clue about how dangerous mountain biking on a hiking trail is. In fact, most testosterone powered guys also do not have a clue. They only become enlightened when they suffer a mishap, something that is extremely likely to happen sooner or later.

Here's a compilation of the many that have been posted on Pinkbike .... http://www.pinkbike.com/video/309875/

I never bother with mountain biker propaganda. It is always about just one thing ... how much fun it is to get a thrill by risking life and limb. **** the whole lot of them. They are all idiots!

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old January 11th 14, 09:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"EdwardDolan" wrote in message ...

[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

I never bother with mountain biker propaganda. It is always about just one thing ... how much fun it is to get a thrill by risking life and limb. **** the whole lot of them. They are all idiots!

But hey, why not send them a few of my posts since of course that ‘forum’ would never accept a message from such a Great Soul as Myself. You will find out they will not accept a post from you either if you depart from the orthodoxy. Talk about echoes in a chamber, that group is it for sure! If you identify with any of those poor misguided slobs, you are lost and gone to Hell!

Old January 13th 14, 11:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Ah, we're back in Dolan world where things mean whatever you want
them to mean are we and anyone who disagrees with you deserves physical injury
?

I know I'm going to regret asking this but just how do you manage

to claim that mountainbiking is immoral ?* Funnily enough, all the world's
religions seem to have missed it out of their commandments.

Morality is not confined to religions. Saint Edward the Great
is an Atheist and He has the world’s highest morality.

I would suggest you lookup "Delusions of Grandeur". If you are now trying to create your own, unique, morality then you're trying to found a religion.. However, since the adherents number zero I think that just makes you slightly unbalanced.

What a sad and twisted man you are becoming ... you want to see a

healthy individual reduced to being a quadraplegic just because he enjoys
something you don't agree with ?

Nonsense, I just want to see mountain bikers who ride their
bikes on hiking trails DEAD! That is the higher morality.

Well, thanks for confirming my assertion; you are a sad and twisted man.
Old January 13th 14, 12:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Oh I do so love it when you shoot yourself so spectacularly in the
foot because, clearly, you can't be bothered to read the whole report;

... snipped as table already included earlier

I seem to recall that you're not too keen on people running on trails

either ? :-).* Only your reverential attitude to nature should be permitted
on trails is, I believe, your position ?

Most resorts now have trails near by for sports enthusiasts
and physical fitness nuts. That accounts for that particular statistic. Running
or jogging on a trail far removed from a resort is something that only an idiot
would do. Most running occurs on city streets.
Regarding the biking category, BMX and road biking should not
be part of that. Mountain biking is a very small part of it. You do not know how
to read a statistic because you do not know how to make a commonsense analysis.
Also the age category 6+ is way too young. What kids do or don’t do doesn’t
count as far as I am concerned. The proper age should have been about
14+.

Lol ... priceless. You are, only now, critiquing a report that YOU cited .... because it doesn't actually support your position.
Old January 13th 14, 12:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Yes, Ed, you're totally wrong.* Mountainbikers are completely
aware of the risks and post videos and pictures of mishaps.* We choose to
go out and live our lives and accept those risks.

Young women and kids do not have a clue about how dangerous
mountain biking on a hiking trail is. In fact, most testosterone powered guys
also do not have a clue. They only become enlightened when they suffer a mishap,
something that is extremely likely to happen sooner or later.

Ah, more of that famous Dolan logic; make an assertion then, when it's disproven by actual facts, move the goalposts. You stated that mountainbikers were unaware and never talked about it ... I showed you that we actually post videos about it. So, your point is comprehensively refuted. QED.

As for your sexist and stupid assertion that, magically, mountainbikers don't include women well ... can I suggest you join the 21st century. If it's up on the net then it's equally accessible to all.
Old January 13th 14, 12:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

But hey, why not send them a few of my posts since of course
that ‘forum’ would never accept a message from such a Great Soul as Myself. You
will find out they will not accept a post from you either if you depart from the
orthodoxy. Talk about echoes in a chamber, that group is it for sure! If you
identify with any of those poor misguided slobs, you are lost and gone to
Hell!

Could that be because you are a monomaniacal, logically challenged individual with massive delusions of grandeur who frequently spouts unsupported nonsense and won't retract even when blatantly caught out ?

*

Old January 16th 14, 04:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Edward Dolan wrote:

Young women and kids do not have a clue about how dangerous
mountain biking on a hiking trail is. In fact, most testosterone powered guys
also do not have a clue. They only become enlightened when they suffer a mishap,
something that is extremely likely to happen sooner or later.

Ah, more of that famous Dolan logic; make an assertion then, when it's disproven by actual facts, move the goalposts. You stated that mountainbikers were unaware and never talked about it ... I showed you that we actually post videos about it. So, your point is comprehensively refuted. QED.

We all know what kind of mountain bikers take risks with life and limb. They are invariably young and male ... and then like to gloat about how seriously they were injured. The only cure for what ails them is death – and the sooner the better. Most mountain bikers are not aware of how dangerous their ‘sport’ is nor is the community at large, other than doctors and the ER personnel.

As for your sexist and stupid assertion that, magically, mountainbikers don't include women well ... can I suggest you join the 21st century. If it's up on the net then it's equally accessible to all.

You poor stupid sap! It is actually criminal to encourage women and kids to mountain bike on a hiking trail. Women and kids do not have a clue about how dangerous mountain biking on a hiking trail is. It is why they injure themselves just trying to ride such a trail normally without attempting feats of daredevilry like the young males. What planet are you from anyway?

Feast your mind on this bit of humor from the mountain biking ‘community’ which well illustrates the general level of dumbness of mountain bikers.

â€http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29912019.html

Dublin medics treat rare condition that led to 7 week erection

Medics at a Dublin hospital have successfully treated a 22-year-old
mountain biker for an unwanted seven-week erection.

The rare condition, known in medical terms as Priapism, began when
the young man injured himself on the crossbar of his mountain bike.

The injury resulted in a high flow of blood to his penis which would
not reside.

The man did not go to Tallaght hospital until five weeks after
sustaining the rare injury and initial treatment by medics failed.

A pressure dressing was attempted for two weeks but the erection
returned immediately after the treatment.

Further treatment where radiography was used on the penis was successful.

The case, which is outlined in the current issue of the Irish Medical
Journal, reported that the man did not suffer any further priapism
following the treatment and also reported 'satisfactory erection and
intercourse'.

The report adds that, as the erection is painless, patients usually
present themselves late.â€

Old January 16th 14, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Edward Dolan wrote:

Morality is not confined to religions. Saint Edward the Great
is an Atheist and He has the world’s highest morality.

I would suggest you lookup "Delusions of Grandeur". If you are now trying to create your own, unique, morality then you're trying to found a religion. However, since the adherents number zero I think that just makes you slightly unbalanced.

You obviously have no acquaintance with Great Saints, let alone anyone Great. It is a common condition of dwarfs and midgets like you.

What a sad and twisted man you are becoming ... you want to see a

healthy individual reduced to being a quadraplegic just because he enjoys
something you don't agree with ?

Nonsense, I just want to see mountain bikers who ride their
bikes on hiking trails DEAD! That is the higher morality.

Well, thanks for confirming my assertion; you are a sad and twisted man.

The only sad and twisted men I know about are mountain bikers who ride their bikes on hiking trails. Fortunately, most of them get their deserved rewards in the way of injuries and death. Almost makes me think there is some justice in the world after all.

More from the trenches:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald...h-country-fall

Biker injured in high country fall

An injured mountainbiker has been rescued by helicopter after
sustaining face and neck injuries near Lake Ohau.

The 63-year-old Ashburton woman was cycling on one of the Ahuriri
mountain bike tracks when she fell about 6.30pm yesterday.

A Westpac Rescue Helicopter spokesperson said the woman's facial
injuries were ''quite serious'' and would take a significant amount
of time to recover from.

She was taken to Christchurch Hospital.”

This poor woman most likely had no idea that what she was doing was dangerous.

Old January 20th 14, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

The report I cited only mentioned mountain biking, not BMX and
road biking. You need to slow down and think before you post. Mountain biking
was much less than hiking. Always has been and always will be.*

No, Ed, I quoted directly FROM the report that you cited ... Page 17 to be precise. As I said, you need to actually read the whole thing ...
Old January 20th 14, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

But hey, why not send them a few of my posts since of course

that ‘forum’ would never accept a message from such a Great Soul as

Myself. You

will find out they will not accept a post from you either if you

depart from the

orthodoxy. Talk about echoes in a chamber, that group is it for sure!

If you

identify with any of those poor misguided slobs, you are lost and gone

Hell!

Could that be because you are a monomaniacal, logically challenged

individual with massive delusions of grandeur who frequently spouts unsupported
nonsense and won't retract even when blatantly caught out ?

The kind of groups you support would never in a million years
run any post of mine. They are advocacy groups for mountain biking. If you
weren't such a biased idiot, you would clearly see that ... and acknowledge it.
The only one who is “caught out” is yourself.

Well, as you have already in this thread caught yourself out by not bothering to read the report that YOU cited .. I rest my case :-)