Mountain Biking - Ban vs. Compromise

Old June 11th 16, 11:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]

Default Mountain Biking - Ban vs. Compromise

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 05:09:51 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 01:21:09 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
news
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 15:00:48 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

After carefully trying to observe the "damage" that bikes cause I noted
that the bikes cause the damage of smoothing out the rain ruts on soft
ground and making no damage on hard ground except where kids on bike
tried to jump logs laying across the trail from rain or wind fallen
trees. It sure is terrible that a fallen tree can have chunks carved out
of it by sprokets.

I am not overly concerned about the damage that bikes do to trails. I
suspect most damage is done to trails when bikes are ridden on wet
surfaces. Mike Vandeman is the expert on that. I am concerned about the
damage that mountain bikes do to the psyche of hikers.

Oh, a bloke who was convicted of, what was it, assault with a weapon?
is your hero?

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

Who will you deify next? An axe murdered?

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

So what you are really complaining about is that you don't want anyone
else using "your" trails.

This borders on a John B.ull**** response. Be careful I don’t treat you
like I do him. The reasons why I don’t want bikes on trails is all here on
this newsgroup. I am not going to go over and over old material for your
benefit. Either get up to speed or get lost.

Nope, don't bother to go over it. Keep it a secret clutched to your
bosom.

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

After all if you were to actually divulge your secrets we'd all
discover that you have no reasons at all. Except "NO, NO, I won't have
it, I forbid you?". Sort of "you can't play with MY toys".

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

An enlightening response.

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

It appears that, rather than a learned and thoughtful response setting
forth the reasons that bicycles must be banned from public property we
find that Dolan the Great has no considered response. In fact it
appears that he has no response at all except for curses and foul
language.

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

It sounds very like the little boy who shouts, "You can't play with my
toys" and asked "why", has no answer, except "They are mine and you
can't play with them".

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

In short, Dolan the Great really isn't.

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

"Dirty mouth Dolan" perhaps, or "Dolan the Foul" but certainly not
"Dolan the Great"..... unless "Dolan the Great Fool".

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

But certainly not Dolan the intelligent or Dolan the logical or Dolan
the well informed.

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

In short, just another loud mouth fool repeats the same "can't walk"
catechism over and over, apparently lacking the intelligence to make a
reasoned response.

Unlike you, I can identify content . Post content if you want discussion.
Otherwise, all you get is:

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

But Dooley, you are doing just what we want you. You have given up
with the "I hate Bicycles" refrain and are now exhibiting your true
colors. Cyclists - 1, Dolan - 0
--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 11th 16, 11:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 05:02:14 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 01:19:10 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
. ..

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 14:48:47 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 08:27:39 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

Another report from the trenches. I think bans only work since mountain
bikers are such scofflaws.

Ed, what trenches are you referring to? The ones that you dig yourself
and then post as Proof"?

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that
is
exactly what I would have said too!

I will say that you do have a well developed gasp on fantasy, but
that alter the fact that in reality you are still the little greedy
fellow defending his toy box from all comers. "No! NO! Get out of
here! You can't play with my toys"

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that
is
exactly what I would have said too!

But you, not being me, prefer curses and foul language. Yes Sir. A
true gentleman.

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that
is
exactly what I would have said too!

But then, tiny little boys valiantly defending their "turf", i.e., the
toy box, have been known to use bad language and in the old days got
their mouth washed out with soap and water to teach them not to talk
that way.

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that
is
exactly what I would have said too!

Apparently there was a shortage of soap at your house?

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that
is
exactly what I would have said too!

By gorry Doodles but you are banging away on all cylinders... although
displaying a singularly limited conversational ability.

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

No imagination I suppose.

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

But, I notice that you are no longer "Dolan the Great". Come down a
notch or two on the old totem pole have you? what are you now? "Dolan
the Clown"?