The high cost of mountain biking!

Old June 25th 16, 11:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default The high cost of mountain biking!

Can you imagine the stupidity of anyone crazy enough to spend thousands of
dollars on a bike just to be able to ride single track trails when you can
walk them for free. If you can, then join the club of ultimate Assholes -
Mountain Bikers! Not only do they spend this kind of money, but they also
manage to injure and kill themselves doing it. It is the ultimate
Jackassery!

Further, can you imagine spending $9000 and then having no
good place to ride it? (psychologists call that
"Cognitive Dissonance"). That's why mountain
bikers are always beating the bushes to find or make new trails which is a
criminal activity.

I say not only death to mountain biking, but death to mountain bikers
themselves. I rejoice when I hear of their mishaps - which prove to be on
unending stream of reports in the media.

Cannondale 2015 Mountain Bikes:

2015 CANNONDALE Jekyll Carbon 2 $3,100
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger Carbon Black Inc. $7,800
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger Carbon Team $5300
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger Carbon 2 $3,100
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger 29 Carbon Team $5,100
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger 29 Carbon 2 $3,100
2015 CANNONDALE Scalpel 29 Carbon Black Inc. $8,900
2015 CANNONDALE Scalpel 29 Carbon Team $5,600
2015 CANNONDALE Scalpel 29 Carbon 2 $2,900
2015 CANNONDALE F-Si Carbon Black Inc. $8,300
2015 CANNONDALE F-Si Carbon Team $5,600
2015 CANNONDALE F-Si Carbon 1 $4,000

Cannondale 2015 Road Bikes:
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team $6,200
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Dura Ace Di2 $5,100
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD RED, Racing Edition $3,500
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Dura Ace 2 $2,400
2015 CANNONDALE Synapse Hi-MOD Black Inc. Disc $6,200
2015 CANNONDALE Synapse Hi-MOD SRAM Red Disc $4,000
2015 CANNONDALE Synapse Hi-MOD Ultegra Disc $2,400
2015 CANNONDALE Slice Dura Ace Di2 $5,100
2015 CANNONDALE Slice Ultegra Di2 $2,200
2015 CANNONDALE SuperX Hi-MOD SRAM Red Disc $2,900
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Women's Hi-MOD Black Inc. $5,100
2015 CANNONDALE Slice Women's Di2 Ultegra $2,200
2015 CANNONDALE Synapse Hi-MOD Women's Black Inc. $4,500

Specialized 2015 Mountain Bikes:

2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS EPIC 29 WORLD CUP $7,500
2015 SPECIALIZED EPIC ELITE CARBON WORLD CUP $2,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS STUMPJUMPER 29 $6,300
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS STUMPJUMPER 29 WORLD CUP $4,800
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON WORLD CUP $2,000
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON 29 $2,000
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS CAMBER 29 $6,400
2015 SPECIALIZED CAMBER EXPERT CARBON 29 $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED CAMBER EXPERT CARBON EVO 29 $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS STUMPJUMPER FSR 29 $6,500
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER FSR EXPERT CARBON 29 $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER FSR EXPERT CARBON EVO 29 $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER FSR EXPERT CARBON EVO 650B $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ENDURO 29 $6,300
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ENDURO 650B $6,300
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO EXPERT CARBON 29 $3,600
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO EXPERT CARBON 650B $3,600
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO EXPERT EVO 650B $3,600
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO ELITE 29 $2,000
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO ELITE 650B $2,000
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS DEMO 8 $6,000
2015 SPECIALIZED DEMO 8 II $3,800
2015 SPECIALIZED DEMO 8 I CARBON $3,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ERA 29 $8,000
2015 SPECIALIZED ERA EXPERT CARBON 29 $3,300
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS FATE CARBON 29 $5,500
2015 SPECIALIZED RUMOR EXPERT EVO 29 $2,000

Specialized 2015 Road Bikes:
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS TARMAC DURA-ACE $5,250
2015 SPECIALIZED TARMAC PRO DISC RACE $3,200
2015 SPECIALIZED TARMAC PRO RACE $2,600
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ALLEZ DI2 $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS VENGE DURA-ACE DI2 $6,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS VENGE DURA-ACE $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED VENGE PRO RACE $2,500
2015 SPECIALIZED VENGE LUNCH RACE $2,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ROUBAIX SL4 DISC DI2 $6,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ROUBAIX SL4 DURA-ACE $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED ROUBAIX SL4 PRO DISC RACE UDI2 $4,500
2015 SPECIALIZED ROUBAIX SL4 PRO DISC RACE $3,000
2015 SPECIALIZED ROUBAIX SL4 PRO RACE $2,500
2015 SPECIALIZED DIVERGE CARBON DI2 $5,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS SHIV DI2 $8,000
2015 SPECIALIZED SHIV PRO RACE $3,750
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS CRUX EVO DI2 $7,000
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS CRUX DI2 $6,500
2015 SPECIALIZED CRUX PRO RACE UDI2 $4,300
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS AMIRA SL4 $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED AMIRA SL4 PRO RACE $2,600
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS RUBY $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED RUBY PRO DISC DI2 $3,800
2015 SPECIALIZED ALIAS PRO TRI $3,000

Trek 2015 Road Bikes:
2015 Trek Custom Émonda SLR $8,900
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 10 $12,700
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 9 $9,000
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 9 WSD $9,000
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 8 $4,400
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 6 $2,200
2015 Trek Custom Madone 7 Series $8,500
2015 Trek Madone 7.9 $8,500
2015 Trek Madone 7.9 WSD $8,500
2015 Trek Madone 7.7 $4,200
2015 Trek Custom Silque SSL $3,500
2015 Trek Silque SSL $3,500
2015 Trek Custom Domane 6 Series $3,800
2015 Trek Domane 6.9 Disc $4,800
2015 Trek Domane 6.9 $4,200
2015 Trek Domane 6.2 Disc $2,100
2015 Trek Boone 9 Disc $3,200
2015 Trek Crockett 9 Disc $2,200
2015 Trek Custom Speed Concept 9 Series $8,500
2015 Trek Speed Concept 9.9 $8,500
2015 Trek Speed Concept 9.8 $4,800
2015 Trek Speed Concept 9.5 $3,000
2015 Trek Speed Concept 9.5 WSD $3,000

Trek 2015 Mountain Bikes:
2015 Trek Custom Superfly FS 9.9 SL $5,300
2015 Trek Superfly FS 9.9 SL XTR $5,300
2015 Trek Superfly FS 9.9 SL XX1 $6,400
2015 Trek Superfly FS 9.8 SL $2,200
2015 Trek Custom Superfly 9.9 SL $4,300
2015 Trek Superfly 9.9 SL XTR $4,300
2015 Trek Superfly 9.9 SL XX1 $5,300
2015 Trek Superfly 9.8 SL $2,000
2015 Trek Lush Carbon 27.5 $2,500
2015 Trek Remedy 9.9 27.5 $5,300
2015 Trek Remedy 9.8 27.5 $2,500
2015 Trek Remedy 9.9 29 $5,300
2015 Trek Remedy 9.8 29 $2,500
2015 Trek Custom Fuel EX 9.9 29 $5,300
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.9 29 XTR $5,300
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.9 29 XX1 $6,400
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.8 29 $2,200
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.9 27.5 Di2 $6,400
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.9 27.5 $5,300
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.8 27.5 $2,200
2015 Trek Slash 9.9 27.5 $5,300
2015 Trek Slash 9.8 27.5 $2,700
2015 Trek Session 9.9 DH 27.5 $5,900
2015 Trek Session 9.8 Park 26 $3,800
2015 Trek Session 88 DH 27.5 $2,200

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

Old June 26th 16, 06:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 05:48:51 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

[...]

Ah, welcome back Eddy, we've missed you and, while it may be old age,
we'd completely forgotten about a bicycle having wheels. Thank you for
remind us. It certainly is embarrassing to be a cyclist and forget
about the wheels.

I did delete your pretentious posting of the cost of those demon
mountain bikes, but I'm afraid that you missed some important costs.

You see, I did a little research and have discovered that the "hikers"
are also paying large sums of money to equip themselves for their
arduous trips

From what I read, the basic equipment for the serious hiker is some
$1241.00. Just to take a walk in the woods.

This itemized list shows the following:

Hiking boots Saloman - $240

Pole Leki carbon fiber - $200
"The Leki Carbon Ti is a sweet lightweight pole that features the most
comfortable foam grip in our review."

Hat - Tilley LTM6 Airflo Hat - $84.00

Jacket - THERMOBALL\u2122 JACKET - $220

Shirt - MEN\u2019S EXPLORE FLEECE CREW Shirt - $40.00

Pack - Osprey Atmos 65 AG Pack - $259.95

Pants - Arc'teryx Gamma LT - $179

Socks - Lorpen PrimaLoft Midweight Hiker Crew Sock - $22

Underwear - Both men's and women's

Note: being a polite gentleman I did not feel it necessary to
investigate these intimate items of apparel but I did notice that they
come in both male and female versions and some of them have
"anti-chafe" properties.

It is interesting that while the modern hiker requires some $1,241 to
outfit himself for a walk in the woods The initial request for funding
the Lewis and Clark expedition that hiked over half way across the
entire U.S. was $2,500.

I thought the description of the $200 hiking with the comfortable foam
grip, was particularly revealing. One can only assume that the modern
"hiker" is a rather effete individual with soft hands.

Can you imagine if one gets a blister on his/her finger? "Oh, Quick!
Call 911 and get me a helicopter ambulance to the hospital".

Another item of interest is "how do these hikers get to the forest?
Well being "trekkers" one would assume that they would walk, but
apparently they don't as every forest or park seems to have a large
parking lot. Strangely it appears that modern "trekkers" don't
actually trek.

It is apparent that the modern "Trekker" is a soft effete individual
with tender hands who drives to the forest, dons over a thousand
dollars of clothing and "treks" through the forest for, perhaps, 4
hours and then drives home imagining that he is a real men. And being
exhausted, goes to bed early.

How Pitiful you are.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 26th 16, 09:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

news
wrote:

[...]

[...]

I see that John B.(Bull****ter) has at long last posted some content, so he
will reap the reward of a reply.

I did delete your pretentious posting of the cost of those demon

mountain bikes, but I'm afraid that you missed some important costs.

Even I, a bicycles enthusiast, was taken aback by the cost of high end
bicycles these days!

You see, I did a little research and have discovered that the "hikers"

are also paying large sums of money to equip themselves for their
arduous trips

From what I read, the basic equipment for the serious hiker is some

[...]

All of the above listed costs for hiking are absurd, especially for day
hikes. But even overnight hikes do not cost much more. Any and all hiking
and camping gear that I have ever used were bought at stores like K-Mart and
Wal-Mart. What the hell are you blathering about anyway? And what the ****
is a hiking pole?

Can you imagine if one gets a blister on his/her finger? "Oh, Quick!

Call 911 and get me a helicopter ambulance to the hospital".

An example here of John B.(Bull****ter) wit and humor. Anyone think this is
funny?

Another item of interest is "how do these hikers get to the forest?

Well being "trekkers" one would assume that they would walk, but
apparently they don't as every forest or park seems to have a large
parking lot. Strangely it appears that modern "trekkers" don't
actually trek.

If you tried to trek the highways and byways of this country you would not
last long. Too many motor vehicles.

It is apparent that the modern "Trekker" is a soft effete individual

with tender hands who drives to the forest, dons over a thousand
dollars of clothing and "treks" through the forest for, perhaps, 4
hours and then drives home imagining that he is a real men. And being
exhausted, goes to bed early.

I think you have just described yourself above. I hiked for a solid 10 years
all over the country when I was in the decade of my 30s, and I did it on a
shoe string. I never imagined I was a real man, but I did imagine that I was
gaining an experience of a human being connecting with the natural world and
with Mother Earth. In all that time, I NEVER encountered a single mountain
bike on any trail. I took all of that for granted, never realizing just how
rare an experience I had. Too bad idiots like you will never know what you
have missed.

How Pitiful you are.

Save it for yourself, you god damn ****ing moron.

Old June 26th 16, 09:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
news16

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

And what the **** is a hiking pole?

Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

Old June 27th 16, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 08:58:40 -0000 (UTC), news16
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

And what the **** is a hiking pole?

Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

Gee, Old Eddy the "hiker" doesn't know what a hiking pole is? And
apparently he doesn't know how google search works either as when I
goggled on "hiking pole" I got 3,330,000 hits.

It sort of makes one wonder... is he really a hiker? If he is why
doesn't he know what a hiking pole is? After all nearly throe and a
half million other people know about hiking poles. But Eddie the Boy
doesn't.

Perhaps he isn't a hiker. Perhaps he is just a old foggy who wants to
get his name in the newspaper. After all hardly anyone knew his mentor
out there in California until he attacked a biker with a saw. Wow!~
Then he got his name in the news.

Maybe that is Eddie's plan. But being a bit cowardly it is obvious
that he is terrified going to jail as his hero did, so likely he is
sort of slinking around the edges of being a real, true, brave, anti
biker and to prove how intrepid he is he posted a cut and paste effort
listing many, many, mountain bikes and their prices.

Our hero the nemesis of the mountain bikers.

)or maybe just the local idiot)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 27th 16, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

news
wrote:

[...]

From what I read, the basic equipment for the serious hiker is some

[...]

Oh, you hiked for a decade? 10 years? Of hiking? No working? You must
have had very indulgent parents to support you for all those years.

And you "gaining an experience of a human being connecting with the
natural world and with Mother Earth".

What utter nonsense. Can you explain just what this "being connected
with the natural world" means? You lived under a tree and raised your
own food? Or maybe you cut down the primeval trees and built your own
cabin?

No, you didn't do that, what you actually did was wonder around, with
your stove bought gear, on trails built by someone else, and
fantasized that you were communing with nature.

The word commune, as you seem to use it means "communicate intimately
with; be in a state of heightened, intimate receptivity".

So, intimate reception... with a tree? Did you talk with them? Did
they answer?

Ed, even today there are a very large areas all over the world where
there actually is untouched wilderness. If this communing is such an
important thing why aren't you somewhere in Northern Canada, Alaska,
Borneo, maybe New Guinea, Mongolia, Tibet, to name a few. if you were
really "connecting with the natural world" wouldn't an actual
uninhabited wilderness provide a much more satisfying experience.

But you don't care for that do you. You don't actually want to go out
into the in primitive areas. Why they don't have air conditioning.

What you actually want some sort of pseudo primitive with little
cabins to sleep in, flush toilets and running water. Then you can
enjoy communing with nature... oh, don't forget the mosquito spray.

You appear to be either a complete phony or the sort of person who has
a pet rock.

Save it for yourself, you god damn ****ing moron.

So, you object hearing the truth, and reply with curses and filthy
language.

--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 27th 16, 11:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

And what the **** is a hiking pole?

Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

Gee, Old Eddy the "hiker" doesn't know what a hiking pole is? And

apparently he doesn't know how google search works either as when I
goggled on "hiking pole" I got 3,330,000 hits.

All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!

It sort of makes one wonder... is he really a hiker? If he is why

doesn't he know what a hiking pole is? After all nearly throe and a
half million other people know about hiking poles. But Eddie the Boy
doesn't.

And you have never heard of anyone who went hiking without a ****ing hiking
pole? How about sticking one up your dumb ass.

Perhaps he isn't a hiker. Perhaps he is just a old foggy who wants to

get his name in the newspaper. After all hardly anyone knew his mentor
out there in California until he attacked a biker with a saw. Wow!~
Then he got his name in the news.

Everyone in the mountain biking community knows full well the Great Mike
Vandeman - and they fear him besides. The kind of Assholes they don’t know
are imbeciles like you.

Maybe that is Eddie's plan. But being a bit cowardly it is obvious

that he is terrified going to jail as his hero did, so likely he is
sort of slinking around the edges of being a real, true, brave, anti
biker and to prove how intrepid he is he posted a cut and paste effort
listing many, many, mountain bikes and their prices.

Careful, you could be sued for libel. Cut and paste saves lots of effort.
Why reinvent the wheel?

I am perfectly content to continue to kick dumb asses like yours. The only
cowards here are anonymous posters like you do not use their real names. Now
go **** yourself and quit bothering the honorable members of this noble
newsgroup.
[...]

Old June 27th 16, 11:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
news16

wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

And what the **** is a hiking pole?

Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

Gee, Old Eddy the "hiker" doesn't know what a hiking pole is? And

apparently he doesn't know how google search works either as when I
goggled on "hiking pole" I got 3,330,000 hits.

All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!

Nope, Ed, you're the idiot. You got served with your own medicine and
walked right into the joke.
Old June 27th 16, 11:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message

When the hell are you ever going to learn how to edit a post?
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

I think you have just described yourself above. I hiked for a solid 10
years
all over the country when I was in the decade of my 30s, and I did it on a
shoe string. I never imagined I was a real man, but I did imagine that I
was
gaining an experience of a human being connecting with the natural world
and
with Mother Earth. In all that time, I NEVER encountered a single mountain
bike on any trail. I took all of that for granted, never realizing just how
rare an experience I had. Too bad idiots like you will never know what you
have missed.

Oh, you hiked for a decade? 10 years? Of hiking? No working? You must

have had very indulgent parents to support you for all those years.

I was smart, something that I am sure no one has ever accused you of being.

And you "gaining an experience of a human being connecting with the

natural world and with Mother Earth".

What utter nonsense. Can you explain just what this "being connected

with the natural world" means? You lived under a tree and raised your
own food? Or maybe you cut down the primeval trees and built your own
cabin?

What are you - a survivalist? Jesus Christ Almighty - you are even dumber
than I thought possible. At least now I know who they make those dumb TV
programs for - like "naked and afraid".

A walk in a natural landscape is almost a religious experience, provided you
believe in that sort of thing. But to me, it is an experience of being
connected to the universe, one devoid of God. Even so, it is highly
spiritual. I pity poor slobs like you who do not have a clue about any of
this. But I want you and your god damn ****ing bikes to stay off of single
track trails. You are desecrating my cathedrals. **** you and all you stand
for!

The following total idiocy deleted for the usual reasons.
[...]

Ed, even today there are a very large areas all over the world where

there actually is untouched wilderness. If this communing is such an
important thing why aren't you somewhere in Northern Canada, Alaska,
Borneo, maybe New Guinea, Mongolia, Tibet, to name a few. if you were
really "connecting with the natural world" wouldn't an actual
uninhabited wilderness provide a much more satisfying experience.

No one needs "untouched wilderness". A relatively untouched wilderness is
all that any sane person ever needs to get a sense of our roots as a species
and of our place in the grand scheme of things. Or do you think we and the
universe sprang from the Head of God? There is nothing so refreshing as a
simple walk in the woods, or in the desert, or in any relatively untouched
landscape. Too bad you are too stupid to know any of this. Maybe try
rereading Thoreau to get a clue.

But you don't care for that do you. You don't actually want to go out

into the in primitive areas. Why they don't have air conditioning.

What you actually want some sort of pseudo primitive with little

cabins to sleep in, flush toilets and running water. Then you can
enjoy communing with nature... oh, don't forget the mosquito spray.

You appear to be either a complete phony or the sort of person who has

a pet rock.

You have just described yourself in the above 3 paragraphs. The world of
hikers is closed to you just as it is to all those who mountain bike on
single track trails.

Old June 27th 16, 12:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

And what the **** is a hiking pole?

Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

Gee, Old Eddy the "hiker" doesn't know what a hiking pole is? And

apparently he doesn't know how google search works either as when I
goggled on "hiking pole" I got 3,330,000 hits.

All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!

Nope, Ed, you're the idiot. You got served with your own medicine and

walked right into the joke.

As usual, news16 is a man of few words, and those that he does post are
always a bit cryptic. What is this mountain that is named after a hiking
pole?

By the way, I was posting my contempt for those who feel a need for such a
ridiculous object as a hiking pole. Very funny that you did not pick up on
that.