Mountain Bikers Mad That Their Illegal Structures Were Torn Down!

Old June 29th 07, 04:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mountain Bikers Mad That Their Illegal Structures Were Torn Down!

Note that "off list discussion" and "Best to let this drop on the BBTC
public list" means that they wanted it to be secret.

Mike

From: "agnt9d9"
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 02:42:10 -0000
Subject: Wanton Distruction @ Tokul East

Just wanted to let everyone know most of the skinny's (ladders) have
been torn apart at Tokul
East. Rumor has it an equestrian mob is responsible. Can anyone
confirm?

As I am not so familiar with the trail names, I cannot say which
trails exactly, (i am under the
impression it was two fairly new trails), but I was sorely
disappointed today after having to
drag my bike through some of the muddy bogs that were previously
navigable by way of the
most excellent ladder system. Not only are all the ladders unridable,
but who ever did this
just cut them down and left all the debris in the way. Very
irritating. Is this start of the Great
Horse and Bike War of '07? If it is, I'm in. Argh! Horses...

To: "agnt9d9"
From: "Bob Bournique"
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:55:44 -0700

There has been a lot of off list discussion about it for the past
couple days. The general idea at this point is that is was NOT the
horsey folks. So, no user group war should be planned.

The probable perp IMHO was the land manager. Just why and to what
extent they will possibly continue are being explored. Best to let
this drop on the BBTC public list as of now. Members will be notified
when the truth comes out.

Thank you.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 29th 07, 06:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
SGK

From: "Bob Bournique"
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:55:44 -0700

There has been a lot of off list discussion about it for the past
couple days. The general idea at this point is that is was NOT the
horsey folks. So, no user group war should be planned.

The probable perp IMHO was the land manager. Just why and to what
extent they will possibly continue are being explored. Best to let
this drop on the BBTC public list as of now. Members will be notified
when the truth comes out.

Thank you.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Wrong again...there was nothing illegal about them. The land is held
in private and open to mountain biking.

From: "Bob Bournique"
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:55:44 -0700

There has been a lot of off list discussion about it for the past
couple days. The general idea at this point is that is was NOT the
horsey folks. So, no user group war should be planned.

The probable perp IMHO was the land manager. Just why and to what
extent they will possibly continue are being explored. Best to let
this drop on the BBTC public list as of now. Members will be notified
when the truth comes out.

Thank you.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Wrong again...there was nothing illegal about them. The land is held
in private and open to mountain biking.

Sure. And that's why they had to discuss it in secrecy! Liar.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande