Conti GP4000 Tyres

Old May 13th 06, 11:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Conti GP4000 Tyres

A number of Melbourne a.bers have bought GP4000's (from PBK) and I am
wondering how they are going. What are the first impressions of ride,
grip, wear, speed etc. ?Have they lived up to expectations and are
they worth the $ ?
My Gators have just about had their day and PBK GP4000's are less $
than LBS Gators.

Cheers
Hugh

--
HughMann

Old May 13th 06, 12:00 PM posted to aus.bicycle

HughMann Wrote:
A number of Melbourne a.bers have bought GP4000's (from PBK) and I am
wondering how they are going. What are the first impressions of ride,
grip, wear, speed etc. ?Have they lived up to expectations and are
they worth the $ ?
My Gators have just about had their day and PBK GP4000's are less $
than LBS Gators.

Love em...

Ride - umm... round?
Grip - plenty...
Wear - seems very good...
Speed - depends on the rider
Worth the money - for around $42each then for sure...

cheers,
GPL

--
gplama

Old May 13th 06, 12:10 PM posted to aus.bicycle

bah! too slow for a mountain goat like me... go the pro
race's!!

PS:Actually i'm thinking of converting

PPS: Lama?? Aren't you in Ballarat?? Bloody hell, you can find an
internet connection pretty quick..

--
Jono L

Old May 13th 06, 12:22 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Jono L Wrote:

PPS: Lama?? Aren't you in Ballarat?? Bloody hell, you can find an
internet connection pretty quick..

I am - and yep, where there's a wireless there's a way

(laying on the bed upstairs at the Mrs' folks home... playing on the
interwebnet )

cheers,
GPL

--
gplama

Old May 13th 06, 09:21 PM posted to aus.bicycle

HughMann Wrote:
A number of Melbourne a.bers have bought GP4000's (from PBK) and I am
wondering how they are going. What are the first impressions of ride,
grip, wear, speed etc. ?Have they lived up to expectations and are
they worth the $ ?
My Gators have just about had their day and PBK GP4000's are less $
than LBS Gators.

Cheers
Hugh

I don't know if it is the fact I used Pro Race's for such a long time,
I agree with everything GP said about the Conti's... but I actually
reckon the Pro Races... have a slightly better feel about them when
riding... I have a GP4000 on the back at the moment, but am going to
put on a Pro Race 2, again next time to compare.

Having said that... checking the GP 4000 for wear... and it certainly
seems to be a lot more resistant to those small nicks that appear after
time then the Pro Race 2's

--
MikeyOz

Old May 14th 06, 09:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle

I brought 4 from PBK 6 months ago and they have been ok re handling - even
in the wet (but do read TimC's note above)

not very impressed with wear or puncture proofing - the 3000s i had on prior
did better on both fronts

Old May 14th 06, 10:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle

gplama Wrote:
I am - and yep, where there's a wireless there's a way

(laying on the bed upstairs at the Mrs' folks home... playing on the
interwebnet )

cheers,
GPLMust be some serious karma after talking up the pro-race's cos I

punctured this morning the the R##N!! Still managed another sub 15 up
the 1/20 I actually did all the work this time too...

Jono

--
Jono L

Old May 14th 06, 10:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-05-14, jim (aka Bruce)
I brought 4 from PBK 6 months ago and they have been ok re handling - even
in the wet (but do read TimC's note above)

not very impressed with wear or puncture proofing - the 3000s i had on prior
did better on both fronts

How many k's? I heard good things about the Rubinos, but they wore
for me quickly. It's those nicks that someone commented about -- they
get nicks quite easily, which are big enough to let the tube bulge
out.

Noticed today that my GP4000s bulge at the valve stem on the front,
today. Tried to reseat the tire, and pumped it up twice, but still no
go. It looks like a place where the tube folded.

--
TimC
It's written GNU/Linux, and pronounced "Linux". Or, "Linux, with a
Old May 14th 06, 10:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-05-14, Jono L (aka Bruce)
Must be some serious karma after talking up the pro-race's cos I
punctured this morning the the R##N!! Still managed another sub 15 up
the 1/20 I actually did all the work this time too...

You probably didn't read my other post, because it was too long, but
how many people ride that in the winter?

Next week is BR100, so I'll ride there, but I'm missing the 1/20
action

--
TimC
``Hello, my userid is root and if you feed me caffeine, nobody gets hurt.''
Old May 14th 06, 01:16 PM posted to aus.bicycle

i guess about an average of tenish. However, get some rain and you may
be on your own...

It seems to have become the ride that most people do if there's nothing
else to do...

--
Jono L

FS: Conti GP4000 tires 700x23 Three Fire Marketplace 0 November 21st 05 05:31 PM
What’s has green tyres & is really cool? Marx SS Australia 11 September 27th 05 01:31 PM
Conti Ultrasport tyres a bit squirmy? Duncan Australia 14 August 31st 05 04:12 PM
Conti GP4000 tyres Visitant Australia 6 August 16th 05 05:00 PM
RoadBikeRider newsletter on tire wear Matt O'Toole Techniques 2 June 11th 04 12:08 AM