tadpole trike with seat higher than bottom bracket?

Old August 15th 08, 08:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jon Bendtsen

Default tadpole trike with seat higher than bottom bracket?

Hi

Is there a tadpole trike with a seat higher than the bottom bracket?
because i dont like to sit with my feet higher than my butt.

JonB
Old August 15th 08, 08:24 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jon Bendtsen" wrote in message
Hi

Is there a tadpole trike with a seat higher than the bottom bracket?
because i dont like to sit with my feet higher than my butt.

You have got that right Jon. Presently it seems that all tadpole trikes have
got the crank higher than the seat. This will cause numb feet in a fair
proportion of folks. The damn SWB recumbents are influencing everything
these days. In the old days they had these things figured out right.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 15th 08, 08:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jon Bendtsen

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Jon Bendtsen" wrote in message
Hi

Is there a tadpole trike with a seat higher than the bottom bracket?
because i dont like to sit with my feet higher than my butt.

You have got that right Jon. Presently it seems that all tadpole trikes have
got the crank higher than the seat. This will cause numb feet in a fair
proportion of folks. The damn SWB recumbents are influencing everything
these days. In the old days they had these things figured out right.

I heard that some bike shows can also cause numb feet
because the pedal presses right into a nerve, through
the shoe. Not much, but it does.

But maybe thats just hearsay.

JonB
Old August 15th 08, 09:25 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_8_]

"Jon Bendtsen" wrote in message
Hi

Is there a tadpole trike with a seat higher than the bottom bracket?
because i dont like to sit with my feet higher than my butt.

JonB

Jon, I think that the Trice T has the seat near or above the BB height. I
sat on one a couple of years ago and the seat was higher than my Trice
Q...it felt much higher which is only a subjective opinion. Visit the Trice
web site and you will find specs for the different models.

gotbent aka FRVT rider

Old August 15th 08, 09:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Jon Bendtsen" wrote in message
Hi

Is there a tadpole trike with a seat higher than the bottom bracket?
because i dont like to sit with my feet higher than my butt.

You have got that right Jon. Presently it seems that all tadpole trikes
have got the crank higher than the seat. This will cause numb feet in a
fair proportion of folks. The damn SWB recumbents are influencing
everything these days. In the old days they had these things figured out
right.

I heard that some bike shows can also cause numb feet
because the pedal presses right into a nerve, through
the shoe. Not much, but it does.

Others are always blaming numb feet on everything under the sun except that
which causes it - too high a bottom bracket.

Old August 16th 08, 12:57 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Jon Bendtsen wrote:
Hi

Is there a tadpole trike with a seat higher than the bottom bracket?
because i dont like to sit with my feet higher than my butt.

AnthroTech: http://www.anthrotech.de/Pages-e/index-e.html.

You will likely have to take the train to Deutschland to try one out.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old August 16th 08, 04:21 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Chris[_11_]

In article ,
Jon Bendtsen wrote:

Hi

Is there a tadpole trike with a seat higher than the bottom bracket?
because i dont like to sit with my feet higher than my butt.

JonB

Hi,

Here are three other possibilities:

Steintrikes CT http://www.steintrikes.com/
Cycle Genius Phoenix http://www.cyclegenius.com/trx.html
Rotator Comport 3 http://www.rotatorrecumbent.com/comfort3.html

Other than seeing pictures of them and reading their description, I
cannot tell you more.

Regards,
Chris
Old August 17th 08, 03:56 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Dart70ca

On Aug 15, 12:08*pm, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
Hi

Is there a tadpole trike with a seat higher than the bottom bracket?
because i dont like to sit with my feet higher than my butt.

JonB

My Mom has a Sun EZ-Tadpole and it's not too high. See it here
http://www.sunbicycles.com/sun/index.html

Darby makes one similar to the Cyclegenius Phoenix. Called the
Nomad. http://www.billdarbydesign.com/trikes.html

The Sun is arguably the cheapest of all of them and offers good
value. It's a bit heavy, has a horrendous turning circle (can be
remedied with the mod shown here http://www.madwulf.com/Tadpole4.htm)
and is a bit noisy due to the chain tubes. The disc braking and
steering setup is very stable. I've had it up on two wheels and it
just wants to come right back down again. Brakes straight and hard
with little tendency to pull even when using just one side. Has a
parking brake arrangement on at least one of the levers to avoid roll-
aways. I've heard that early model frames had a tendency to crack at
the cross-tube under the weight of a heavy rider and hard use but the
newer ones (as of 3 years ago at least) have a reinforcement gusset
added there. Mom got hers in Washington State for about $1100 (CrMo
model).

Keith
Old August 17th 08, 05:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jon Bendtsen

Jon Bendtsen wrote:
Hi

Is there a tadpole trike with a seat higher than the bottom bracket?
because i dont like to sit with my feet higher than my butt.

Thanks for all your answers, now i know it is possible.
Old August 22nd 08, 08:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Aug 15, 3:08 pm, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
Hi

Is there a tadpole trike with a seat higher than the bottom bracket?
because i dont like to sit with my feet higher than my butt.

JonB

Have a look at this rider, he can't even reach the pedals . . .
http://www.cyclegenius.com/cgrgaller...es/richdog.jpg