alt.binaries.multimedia.sports???

Old April 10th 05, 05:42 PM
Amos J. Malarky

Default alt.binaries.multimedia.sports???

i was told that this existed on usenet and to search for a particular
guy for multimedia of THE races.
however, does this exist? i can't find it on usenet and the only
sports/cycling related group i found is this one. anyone got any infor
for a new guy to this newsgroups thing? i NEED my cycling and i want
visuals. no satellite and OLN is lame. PLEASE

bridge.

Old April 10th 05, 05:52 PM
Amos J. Malarky

On 2005-04-10 12:42:32 -0400, Amos J. Malarky said:

i was told that this existed on usenet and to search for a particular
guy for multimedia of THE races.
however, does this exist? i can't find it on usenet and the only
sports/cycling related group i found is this one. anyone got any infor
for a new guy to this newsgroups thing? i NEED my cycling and i want
visuals. no satellite and OLN is lame. PLEASE

bridge.

i think i answered my question. is it a paying newsgroup? or basically,
you have to have a subscription/membership sorta dealie?

Old April 10th 05, 06:02 PM
Andrew

Amos J. Malarky said...
On 2005-04-10 12:42:32 -0400, Amos J. Malarky said:

i was told that this existed on usenet and to search for a particular
guy for multimedia of THE races.
however, does this exist? i can't find it on usenet and the only
sports/cycling related group i found is this one. anyone got any infor
for a new guy to this newsgroups thing? i NEED my cycling and i want
visuals. no satellite and OLN is lame. PLEASE

bridge.

i think i answered my question. is it a paying newsgroup? or basically,
you have to have a subscription/membership sorta dealie?

There's no such thing as a pay newsgroup. If you can't find it, then
you need to contact your ISP and ask them to add it. If your ISP
doesn't carry binary newsgroups, then yes you'll need to spend a few
dollars and join a premium newsgroup provider like Giganews or
somesuch.

--
Andrew
http://www.cageofmonkeys.co.uk
Old April 10th 05, 06:11 PM
Bret Wade

On 2005-04-10 12:42:32 -0400, Amos J. Malarky said:

i was told that this existed on usenet and to search for a particular
guy for multimedia of THE races.
however, does this exist? i can't find it on usenet and the only
sports/cycling related group i found is this one. anyone got any infor
for a new guy to this newsgroups thing? i NEED my cycling and i want
visuals. no satellite and OLN is lame. PLEASE

bridge.

i think i answered my question. is it a paying newsgroup? or basically,
you have to have a subscription/membership sorta dealie?

Earthlink has it at no extra cost.

Bret
Old April 10th 05, 06:16 PM
h squared

Andrew wrote:

There's no such thing as a pay newsgroup. If you can't find it, then
you need to contact your ISP and ask them to add it. If your ISP
doesn't carry binary newsgroups, then yes you'll need to spend a few
dollars and join a premium newsgroup provider like Giganews or
somesuch.

thank you! i was recently switched to giganews, and i didn't think to
check again for that previously unavailable to me newsgroup. i just
subscribed, now i just have to figure out how to do all the rest of the
stuff (i've been skipping over those technical posts, doh)

yay!
clueless heather

Old April 10th 05, 09:19 PM
Bob Schwartz

Amos J. Malarky wrote:
i think i answered my question. is it a paying newsgroup? or basically,
you have to have a subscription/membership sorta dealie?

A lot of ISPs outsource usenet feeds to supernews or giganews.
If your ISP doesn't you can subscribe to either of them.

Some ISPs don't do binary newsgroups. In that case you again
can subscripe directly to (super/giga)news.

Expect to do some additional research. If you are running
Windows try googling grabit, rar, and quickpar. Linux or
Mac users will need to find the analogues to those.

And don't complain when you find out it isn't in English.

Goed geluk,

Bob Schwartz

Old April 11th 05, 07:21 AM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
h squared wrote:

Andrew wrote:

There's no such thing as a pay newsgroup. If you can't find it, then
you need to contact your ISP and ask them to add it. If your ISP
doesn't carry binary newsgroups, then yes you'll need to spend a few
dollars and join a premium newsgroup provider like Giganews or
somesuch.

thank you! i was recently switched to giganews, and i didn't think to
check again for that previously unavailable to me newsgroup. i just
subscribed, now i just have to figure out how to do all the rest of the
stuff (i've been skipping over those technical posts, doh)

yay!
clueless heather

Hey Heather,
You'll find that the Comcast deal with Giganews has a limit on how much
downloading you're allowed in a month. I think if you go over the limit,
they want to charge you extra, though I have no idea how that'd work. A few
of those things on ABMS might start to add up.

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old April 11th 05, 12:47 PM
h squared

Howard Kveck wrote:

Hey Heather,
You'll find that the Comcast deal with Giganews has a limit on how much
downloading you're allowed in a month. I think if you go over the limit,
they want to charge you extra, though I have no idea how that'd work. A few
of those things on ABMS might start to add up.

thanks, howard, i'll try to discover what their limit is and how much
they charge before i go wild.
heather

Old April 11th 05, 09:38 PM
Stewart Fleming

h squared wrote:

thanks, howard, i'll try to discover what their limit is and how much
they charge before i go wild.

Add to "To Do" list:
- reserve rights to title "heather halvorson goes wild"
Old April 12th 05, 01:02 AM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Stewart Fleming wrote:

h squared wrote:

thanks, howard, i'll try to discover what their limit is and how much
they charge before i go wild.

Add to "To Do" list:
- reserve rights to title "heather halvorson goes wild"

Hmm, in that case, I want to direct...