Is Cavendish really that uneducated?

Old January 14th 12, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate[_4_]

Default Is Cavendish really that uneducated?

From a recent cyclingnews article:

"CN: You have a baby on the way in April. In the future, when you're
bouncing your grandchildren on your knee, what would you prefer to tell
them about 2012 - that you won another green jersey at the Tour de France
or that you won Olympic gold in London?

MC: Well unless I have a son I’m not having grandchildren! But there is
no preference. Both are completely different things. I’m setting out to
do them both and I believe that I can win them both. The fact that the
Olympics are in London does make it extra special. But only extra special
over other Olympic Games in the future – not over the Tour."

Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?
Old January 14th 12, 04:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 14/01/2012 15:47, Kyle Legate wrote:
From a recent cyclingnews article:

"CN: You have a baby on the way in April. In the future, when you're
bouncing your grandchildren on your knee, what would you prefer to tell
them about 2012 - that you won another green jersey at the Tour de France
or that you won Olympic gold in London?

MC: Well unless I have a son I’m not having grandchildren! But there is
no preference. Both are completely different things. I’m setting out to
do them both and I believe that I can win them both. The fact that the
Olympics are in London does make it extra special. But only extra special
over other Olympic Games in the future – not over the Tour."

Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?

In England we kill female children at birth to avoid expensive dowry costs.

Old January 14th 12, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 14/01/2012 16:00, atriage wrote:
On 14/01/2012 15:47, Kyle Legate wrote:
From a recent cyclingnews article:

"CN: You have a baby on the way in April. In the future, when you're
bouncing your grandchildren on your knee, what would you prefer to tell
them about 2012 - that you won another green jersey at the Tour de France
or that you won Olympic gold in London?

MC: Well unless I have a son I’m not having grandchildren! But there is
no preference. Both are completely different things. I’m setting out to
do them both and I believe that I can win them both. The fact that the
Olympics are in London does make it extra special. But only extra special
over other Olympic Games in the future – not over the Tour."

Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?

In England we kill female children at birth to avoid expensive dowry costs.

I was going to do a witty reply but it would have been superfluous so
"POTW" will do :-)))

UD

Old January 14th 12, 06:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

Kyle Legate wrote:
From a recent cyclingnews article:

"CN: You have a baby on the way in April. In the future, when you're
bouncing your grandchildren on your knee, what would you prefer to
tell them about 2012 - that you won another green jersey at the Tour
de France or that you won Olympic gold in London?

MC: Well unless I have a son I'm not having grandchildren! But there
is no preference. Both are completely different things. I'm setting
out to do them both and I believe that I can win them both. The fact
that the Olympics are in London does make it extra special. But only
extra special over other Olympic Games in the future - not over the
Tour."

Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?

Perhaps it's the name thing, i.e., a male child would mean grandchildren
with his last name whereas a female child would not.

NB: We did what seems to be an usual thing here, giving our children two
middle names, the second of which is my wife's last name.

-S-

Old January 14th 12, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Kyle Legate wrote:
From a recent cyclingnews article:
MC: Well unless I have a son I’m not having grandchildren!

Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?

Perhaps he thinks his daughter would look like him.
Old January 14th 12, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 14/01/2012 20:21, Simply Fred wrote:
Kyle Legate wrote:
From a recent cyclingnews article:
MC: Well unless I have a son I’m not having grandchildren!

Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?

Perhaps he thinks his daughter would look like him.

That would be unfortunate although it would make her a shoo-in to be the best
female sprinter of all time.

Old January 14th 12, 11:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

On Jan 14, 8:47*am, Kyle Legate wrote:
From a recent cyclingnews article:

"CN: You have a baby on the way in April. In the future, when you're
bouncing your grandchildren on your knee, what would you prefer to tell
them about 2012 - that you won another green jersey at the Tour de France
or that you won Olympic gold in London?

MC: Well unless I have a son I’m not having grandchildren! But there is
no preference. Both are completely different things. I’m setting out to
do them both and I believe that I can win them both. The fact that the
Olympics are in London does make it extra special. But only extra special
over other Olympic Games in the future – not over the Tour."

Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?

Is that something you learn in school? I'll give him the benefit of
the doubt; he was probably thinking about not letting any hairy ass
man near his precious daughter. But probably only Cav knows the real
context.
Phil H

Well Done Cavendish! Nomen Nescio[_4_] UK 1 July 28th 09 03:38 PM
Cavendish [email protected] Racing 3 July 14th 09 09:37 PM
Cavendish Andre Racing 33 February 22nd 09 06:33 PM
Cavendish Michael Press Racing 0 February 21st 09 11:05 PM
Ban Cavendish Bill C Racing 58 July 23rd 08 02:30 PM