basso only attempted doping

Old May 8th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default basso only attempted doping

Cycling champ Ivan Basso denies doping
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070508/...c_basso_doping

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...y07/may08news2

"Yes, I am Birillo. It was me that suggested to be called this way,"
said the former Discovery Channel rider,

1. The code name 'Birillo' that appeared on the June 27, 2006, Guardia
Civil dossier. ... Basso had historically denied Birillo as being the
name of his dog,

2. Two telephone recordings from May 13 and 14 made by DS Ignacio
Labarta to Fuentes. "Birillo had arrived with Simoni at sixteen
seconds," ..."A certain Ivan Basso won." Basso was now first overall
with José Enrique Gutierrez (Phonak) second. "Friend, you have... a
first and a second."

4. An agenda with a schedule of blood extractions and transfusions
since 2004. In the agenda the pseudonyms 'Birillo' and '2' are used.

5. Payments in 2004 of around €35,000 and another €6000 for the
freezing the blood (or "gastos de Siberia"),

6. Guardia Civil intercepted messages from Basso to Fuentes after the
2006 Giro.

7. The analyses of blood, which could have been done in November 2005
in Madrid, with haematologist Merino Batres, a collaborator of
Fuentes. The Spanish Guardia Civil suspect that the cyclist visited
Madrid at least three times but he had always denied being there.

--------------------

Gianni Bugno : "My valuation of Basso remains unchanged, and it
clearly confirms that it is the cyclists who always pay the price,"

Most of the voices out of Italy showed support for Basso and promised
help for his future. "It is important not to leave Ivan alone now. He
is a good guy and not a rascal," said Italian national coach Franco
Ballerini. "Basso has accepted his responsibility,.."

Angelo Zomegnan, also praised Basso, while considering the effect on
his race. "Ivan did a brave thing..."

Old May 8th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Gianni Bugno : "My valuation of Basso remains unchanged, and it
clearly confirms that it is the cyclists who always pay the price,"

Most of the voices out of Italy showed support for Basso and promised
help for his future. "It is important not to leave Ivan alone now. He
is a good guy and not a rascal," said Italian national coach Franco
Ballerini. "Basso has accepted his responsibility,.."

Angelo Zomegnan, also praised Basso, while considering the effect on
his race. "Ivan did a brave thing..."

Jock sniffers? (how does one say that in Italian?)

Old May 8th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Rees

wrote:

Cycling champ Ivan Basso denies doping
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070508/...c_basso_doping

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...y07/may08news2

"Yes, I am Birillo. It was me that suggested to be called this way,"
said the former Discovery Channel rider,

Geez! So we are supposed to believe this **** now. He lied for over a
year about his stupid mutts name. But now, he's coming clean? Just
think about how emphatic they all are. How can we possibly believe a
thing they say anymore. Gems for the ages:

- "Yeah, I took EPO, but it was only the *one* time. I kept the vials
to remind me of what a naughty boy I had become"
- "Yeah, he's got some of my blood in his fridge. But I never actually
used it."
- "Yeah I smoked marijuana, but I never inhaled"

Basso was making a bunch of money, but to throw away 50,000 euros to a
guy to keep some of his blood around 'just in case' is an insult to even
a caveman's intelligence
Old May 8th 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

Geez! So we are supposed to believe this **** now. He lied for over a
year about his stupid mutts name. But now, he's coming clean? Just
think about how emphatic they all are. How can we possibly believe a
thing they say anymore. Gems for the ages:

- "Yeah, I took EPO, but it was only the *one* time. I kept the vials
to remind me of what a naughty boy I had become"
- "Yeah, he's got some of my blood in his fridge. But I never actually
used it."
- "Yeah I smoked marijuana, but I never inhaled"

Basso was making a bunch of money, but to throw away 50,000 euros to a
guy to keep some of his blood around 'just in case' is an insult to even
a caveman's intelligence

Indeed,

"Basso indicated that he did not re-inject blood for the 2006 Giro,
and that it was to be used for the 2006 Tour, which he was barred from
racing. "

Right...liar once, liar forever I guess !
Old May 8th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
benjo maso

wrote in message
ups.com...

Cycling champ Ivan Basso denies doping
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070508/...c_basso_doping

I frankly admit that for I moment thought that Basso had really used doping.
I'm quite relieved that my suspicion is completely unfounded.

Benjo

Old May 8th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

I for one am willing to suspend disbelief and believe him.

1 Ivan Basso (Ita) Team CSC 91.33.36 (38.54 km/h)
2 José E. Gutierrez Cataluna (Spa) Phonak Hearing Systems 9.18
3 Gilberto Simoni (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir 11.59

Imagine the time gap if Basso HAD dipped into some of that 2004 Reserve.

Dan

P.S. If Basso is DQ'ed, Can "Cataluna" be far behind? It's not over yet, Gilby.
Old May 8th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
Come on now - simple case of trying for that second peak. I for one am
willing to suspend disbelief and believe him. "Cycle Fan" means taking
the bitter with the truly bizarre.

Ah so andoulette has a bitter taste for some.
BTW if you google for andoulette your name appears (via ewouds favourite site) as the
4th result on the first page so don't say I don't provide publicity for my
rbr clients.

Donald
rbr PR manager

Old May 8th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Dan Connelly wrote:

Imagine the time gap if Basso HAD dipped into some of that 2004 Reserve.

Dumbass,
Surely you mean vintage, not reserve. Rbr is LIVEDRUNK(tm) territory.
Anyway I'm told the '98 vintage is still the best.

Old May 8th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On Tue, 08 May 2007 19:19:13 +0200, Keith wrote:

"Basso indicated that he did not re-inject blood for the 2006 Giro,
and that it was to be used for the 2006 Tour, which he was barred from
racing. "

Right...liar once, liar forever I guess !

Come on now - simple case of trying for that second peak. I for one am
willing to suspend disbelief and believe him. "Cycle Fan" means taking
the bitter with the truly bizarre.

The only question is where on the first training cycle do you draw
blood? What if your Giro sucks - then all you can think is "I'm
screwed twice - the blood ain't worth ****."

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old May 8th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Donald Munro wrote:

Dan Connelly wrote:

Imagine the time gap if Basso HAD dipped into some of that 2004 Reserve.

Dumbass,
Surely you mean vintage, not reserve. Rbr is LIVEDRUNK(tm) territory.
Anyway I'm told the '98 vintage is still the best.

Vintage? Reserve? What's the word?

Thunderbird!