Road ID Decision Matrix - a helpful guide

Old May 14th 11, 04:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Default Road ID Decision Matrix - a helpful guide

On May 14, 10:17*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

FWIW, I have a RoadID dogtag and chain. Mine notes my '94 aortic
aneurysm repair (docs/EMT's wonder about that scar) and drug
allergies, as well as name, phone numbers, etc. I ride alone a lot and
the drivers around here are ape-**** nuts, so I figure at a minimum,
they'll know who to inform to pick up the body.

Brad - sincerely trying to learn here but how would that information
be useful in your treatment for an injury that left you unable to
share that information ? *(a concussion or other brain injury)

Wouldn't the EMTs be more concerned with your brain injury ?

Bike accidents are always brain injuries? Drug allergies are not
pertinent?

You take an odd line. Instead of saying, "Wouldn't that info be on a
card in your wallet?", you say the information is not pertinent in a
particular situation. I find that reasoning, for lack of a better
word, peculiar.

What's your take on those medical ID bracelets that are not marketed
to cyclists? If they make sense, then certainly the ones marketed to
cyclists make sense as well.

You just don't like the idea of wearing something else on your wrist
as it would take away from your other bracelets - the LANCE yellow,
Colbert red, and Not That There's Anything Wrong With That rainbow.

Old May 14th 11, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On May 14, 10:05*am, RicodJour wrote:
[...]

Never wore a livestrong bracelet - knew they were the equivalent of
the rainbow ones right from the start.

Did wear a ForkSTRONG bracelet for a while.
Old May 14th 11, 06:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

[...]

RetardJour - why do you make this so easy ? See the root problem is
you believe you can mitigate every factor and REMAIN IN CONTROL -
well guess what you haven't you can't and you won't. Your chances are
luck with or without an ID - there are good EMTs and good ER docs and
there are those that are inept, don't give a damn or would like to
bang the whore nurses they work next to. .

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2149710

Old May 14th 11, 06:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On May 14, 1:05*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
[...]

Really? You mean there's an element of chance in the world? I had no
idea.

My objection is not to the RoadID, or against the RoadID, it's against
your lame-ass arguments against it and the reediculous idea that your
opinion based on those lame-ass arguments should matter to someone
else.

I have no dog in the fight when it concerns people's personal choices
for helmets, sexual preferences or any other such individual stuff.
Not my concern. I have opinions, but I'm not about to go around
proselytizing about them and trying to gain converts.

And in the same way that doping doesn't make a pig into a
thoroughbred, it's all about incremental improvements in safety and/or
sense of security. If something gives you slightly better odds, or
even just makes you feel safer, it's up to you to determine if it's
worth it. Not some spouting yahoo on RBR. And, yes, that includes
me.