Large water bottle holder for 3.5 inch diameter bottle

Old September 4th 19, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Large water bottle holder for 3.5 inch diameter bottle

On 9/3/2019 6:29 PM, AK wrote:
I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

Andy

Now you do have luck!

You might look at the new TwoFish bottle holder.

It was just announced and is not on their web site yet. See
https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=97691.
I can't find the specs anywhere so I don't know the diameter, but you
could call them https://www.twofish.biz/bike.html. You're supposed to
mount this with three cage bolts because of the extra stress so you
might want to use three of something like this
https://bbbcycling.com/en_en/bbc-110-cagefix.

Also look at the BBB Bbc-15 Fuel Tank XL. You'll have to order this from
Europe, not sold in the U.S.. See
https://www.xxcycle.com/bottle-cage-bbb-bbc-15-fuel-tank-xl,,en.php.
It isn't on the BBB web site anymore so it may have been discontinued,
but you might still be able to buy one. I have several. I use it with a
1.5L bottle that is 3.5" in diameter. The retaining device makes it very
secure, even with a larger bottle.

There are also many adjustable bottle cages. They don't work well with
larger heavier bottles.
Old September 4th 19, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 9/4/2019 8:32 AM, sms wrote:

snip

Also look at the BBB Bbc-15 Fuel Tank XL. You'll have to order this from
Europe, not sold in the U.S..

Apparently this has been discontinued as most online stores list it as
out of stock. You could try
https://www.rmcbikes.com/en/fueltank-xl.html which lists it as in
stock, but don't know how accurate their online store is regarding stock.

“If you find something you really, really like, buy a lifetime supply;
because it'll either be changed for the worse or go out of production.”
– Grant Peterson, founder or Rivendell Bicycle Works.
Old September 4th 19, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 11:25:47 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 9/4/2019 8:32 AM, sms wrote:

snip

Also look at the BBB Bbc-15 Fuel Tank XL. You'll have to order this from
Europe, not sold in the U.S..

Apparently this has been discontinued as most online stores list it as
out of stock. You could try
https://www.rmcbikes.com/en/fueltank-xl.html which lists it as in
stock, but don't know how accurate their online store is regarding stock.

“If you find something you really, really like, buy a lifetime supply;
because it'll either be changed for the worse or go out of production.”
– Grant Peterson, founder or Rivendell Bicycle Works.

Thanks.

I tried to order it from there, but the U.S. is not listed as a country when giving my mailing address.

Andy
Old September 4th 19, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 9/4/2019 10:26 AM, AK wrote:
On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 11:25:47 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 9/4/2019 8:32 AM, sms wrote:

snip

Also look at the BBB Bbc-15 Fuel Tank XL. You'll have to order this from
Europe, not sold in the U.S..

Apparently this has been discontinued as most online stores list it as
out of stock. You could try
https://www.rmcbikes.com/en/fueltank-xl.html which lists it as in
stock, but don't know how accurate their online store is regarding stock.

“If you find something you really, really like, buy a lifetime supply;
because it'll either be changed for the worse or go out of production.”
– Grant Peterson, founder or Rivendell Bicycle Works.

Thanks.

I tried to order it from there, but the U.S. is not listed as a country when giving my mailing address.

Andy

Apparently there's _one_ left at
http://veloprofs.lv/en/bottle-holders/241-bottle-cage-bbb-bbc-15-fueltank-xl-matte-black-8716683052510.html
but the U.S. is not listed as a country that they ship to.

Do you know anyone in Europe that could get it for you? Where are you
located?

I'm tempted to buy the last one too. I'll be in Italy in a few weeks and
could have it shipped to my hotel.
Old September 4th 19, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 2:46:15 PM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 9/4/2019 10:26 AM, AK wrote:
On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 11:25:47 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 9/4/2019 8:32 AM, sms wrote:

snip

[...]

I do not know anyone in Italy.

Andy
Old September 4th 19, 10:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On 9/4/2019 10:26 AM, AK wrote:
On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 11:25:47 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 9/4/2019 8:32 AM, sms wrote:

snip

[...]

Sure you do! https://www.americamagazine.org/site...CHILE-PERU.jpg

-- Jay Beattie.
Old September 5th 19, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 9/4/2019 2:42 PM, AK wrote:

snip

I do not know anyone in Italy.

You just need to know someone in one of the countries that they ship to.
Or just call them and see if they'll ship it to you. It's a great bottle
holder.

Old September 6th 19, 08:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Wed, 04 Sep 2019 04:27:35 +0000, Ralph Barone wrote:

news18 wrote:
On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:29:20 -0700, AK wrote:

I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that
is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

What do you want to carry?
A long time ago, I purchased a large bottle and carrier combo. I don't
know if it is 3.5",but it was certainly larger then the standard
waterbottle.

Andy

Something like this, perhaps?
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...topeak-modula-

adjustable-bottle-cage-2/rp-prod68036

No. That looks likes a normal water bottle holder to me, with the same
problems of allowing the bottle to flip out sidewards. YMMV, but
hammering down a hill does that unless you really tie them down.

Finally got A in to G and measured it. The cage uses the standard bottle
mount ferrels, and is all chromed steel, but the sides wrap around about
3/4 of the circle. It will take a 3.5-3.75" wide bottle over 6" in length
I've actually carried the Cocal Coal/amatil super maerkey 1.5litre water
bottle(11.5" lenght) in it. A standard bottle might slip sideways out the
bottom.

Unfortunatly no branding, nor can I find anything online that looks like
it. Nor can I remeber where I puchased it. It mght have been something
like Wally world or the like one day.

There isn't a nipple on top of the actual bottle, but a piece of plastic
tubing that reached to the bottom and did a loop to a stub hole oon top
You just pulled out the end from the stub hole and soucked on the tube.
I've hade it so long that I replaced the tube twice and stopped using the
actual water bottle as it feels brittle now. The chrome shows no sign of
rust. It sits on the down tube and i mainly use it to refill the two
standard bottles on the seat tube from the bottle I mentioned above.
Old September 7th 19, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 6:03:31 PM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 9/4/2019 2:42 PM, AK wrote:

snip

I do not know anyone in Italy.

You just need to know someone in one of the countries that they ship to.
Or just call them and see if they'll ship it to you. It's a great bottle
holder.

I ordered this.

https://www.topeak.com/us/en/product...odula--cage-xl

Bottle holder AK[_2_] Techniques 219 May 29th 19 10:16 PM
Vintage campagnolo water bottle with the bottle cage- $10.00 [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 1st 08 01:17 AM
Bottle holder broken during downhill Fast Turtle General 9 May 1st 05 03:32 AM
Zefal Isotherm water bottle keeps water coldest? chris General 77 July 27th 04 01:46 AM
Bottle Holder? daino149 Unicycling 7 November 23rd 03 09:03 AM