electric bikes on centuries

Old March 3rd 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Default electric bikes on centuries

Daryl Hunt wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
t...
Daryl Hunt wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
t...
Daryl Hunt wrote:
Bill, don't give up on him. Who knows, you may be saving a life. But,
remember, don't make it work. Make it fun. You might wish to build a
LSEB with 3 wheels from a Recumbent and let him ride it. Yes, that's a
bit out of your own pocket but it just might be fun for you as well.

I'm not giving up since I can, and do, call him 'kid' since I am 4 years
older. Getting him involved in a project build up may be one way to get
him motivated. If we build a work of art (or not art) he will just have
to at least try it.
Bill Baka
Just keep me posted. Anything I can do to help just ask.

Well, he's here now and wants to do the Cannondale so I will see how it
goes. His main concern right now is a comfy seat.
Bill Baka

Just one thing, think BIG AND WIDE. That should do the trick (grin)

You are actually right on this one. He wants to find a seat that has
springs built in and he mentioned trying to find one off an old
Harley(?) or cruiser bike.
I'm getting closer.
Bill Baka
Old March 3rd 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Daryl Hunt

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
t...
Daryl Hunt wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
t...
Daryl Hunt wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
t...
Daryl Hunt wrote:
[...]

I haven't seen a seat like that in decades. I believe that Swinn used to
have something like that. But you also might consider a seat post that is
cushioned. I think I saw something like that in a bike shop once. If not,
ask the bike shop. They might know how to get one.

It has removed 3775 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old March 4th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Daryl Hunt wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
t...
Daryl Hunt wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
t...
Daryl Hunt wrote:
Just one thing, think BIG AND WIDE. That should do the trick (grin)

You are actually right on this one. He wants to find a seat that has
springs built in and he mentioned trying to find one off an old Harley(?)
or cruiser bike.
I'm getting closer.
Bill Baka

I haven't seen a seat like that in decades. I believe that Swinn used to
have something like that. But you also might consider a seat post that is
cushioned. I think I saw something like that in a bike shop once. If not,
ask the bike shop. They might know how to get one.

Actually he probably does have one since he has a full 8' x 16' shed of
nothing but motorcycles and bike parts. There 3 full motorcycles in
there he hasn't seen in about ten years. Also 3 brand new crate motors
for some bikes, and an untold number of bicycle parts.
Some weekend soon we will have to spend at least a few days just to find
out what is in there, then it's time for a digital camera and Ebay for
about a month.
Then, he won't have any excuses, I hope.
Bill
Old March 5th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Daryl Hunt

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
Daryl Hunt wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
t...
Daryl Hunt wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
t...
Daryl Hunt wrote:
[...]

Help him do a complete inventory of what he has. After that, a bike ride
won't seem so bad to him (grin)

It has removed 3799 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old March 5th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Daryl Hunt wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
Actually he probably does have one since he has a full 8' x 16' shed of
nothing but motorcycles and bike parts. There 3 full motorcycles in there
he hasn't seen in about ten years. Also 3 brand new crate motors for some
bikes, and an untold number of bicycle parts.
Some weekend soon we will have to spend at least a few days just to find
out what is in there, then it's time for a digital camera and Ebay for
about a month.
Then, he won't have any excuses, I hope.
Bill

Help him do a complete inventory of what he has. After that, a bike ride
won't seem so bad to him (grin)

I can hope. I need a good outdoors project anyway, and NOT yard work. Ugh.
Bill Baka

electric bikes on centuries Mike Jacoubowsky General 153 March 5th 07 08:18 PM
Electric Bikes Brian Jones UK 10 June 27th 05 12:07 AM
Electric Bikes. BringYouToLife Social Issues 11 November 2nd 04 09:11 PM
Electric Bikes. BringYouToLife General 9 October 11th 04 03:45 AM
Electric bikes Vincent Wilcox UK 2 April 21st 04 04:36 PM