Inconsiderate parking

Old December 26th 18, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
William Gothberg

Default Inconsiderate parking

Think this will help? This will be printed off and placed under the wipers of all the nutters who park on the wrong side of the road:

Side 1, facing outwards for everyone to see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/koaz45k1yh...e%201.jpg?dl=0

Side 2, facing inwards:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sogvc7e8w...e%202.jpg?dl=0
Old December 27th 18, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Tom Evans

On 26/12/2018 18:05, William Gothberg wrote:
Think this will help?* This will be printed off and placed under the
wipers of all the nutters who park on the wrong side of the road:

Side 1, facing outwards for everyone to see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/koaz45k1yh...e%201.jpg?dl=0

How do you know if it is the Green or the Blue car that has parked
incorrectly on the wrong side of the road?

I guess the best thing would be to ban all on road parking outside of
specifically designated areas.
Old December 27th 18, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
William Gothberg

On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 10:17:08 -0000, Tom Evans wrote:

On 26/12/2018 18:05, William Gothberg wrote:
Think this will help? This will be printed off and placed under the
wipers of all the nutters who park on the wrong side of the road:

Side 1, facing outwards for everyone to see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/koaz45k1yh...e%201.jpg?dl=0

How do you know if it is the Green or the Blue car that has parked
incorrectly on the wrong side of the road?

The diagram is simplified. There are in the street that annoys me most, 5 cars on one side and 1 on the other. It's clear that making 1 park on the other side to his house is better than making 5 park opposite.

I guess the best thing would be to ban all on road parking outside of
specifically designated areas.

I agree - people shouldn't own a car they don't have room for on their own property. I can fit 5 cars in my drive and own 1 (I've owned up to 3 in the past).
Old December 27th 18, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
JNugent[_10_]

wrote:
On 26/12/2018 18:05, William Gothberg wrote:

Think this will help?* This will be printed off and placed under the
wipers of all the nutters who park on the wrong side of the road:

Side 1, facing outwards for everyone to see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/koaz45k1yh...e%201.jpg?dl=0

How do you know if it is the Green or the Blue car that has parked
incorrectly on the wrong side of the road?

The diagram is simplified.* There are in the street that annoys me most,
5 cars on one side and 1 on the other.* It's clear that making 1 park on
the other side to his house is better than making 5 park opposite.

I guess the best thing would be to ban all on road parking outside of
specifically designated areas.

I agree - people shouldn't own a car they don't have room for on their
own property.

I'm inclined to agree with that. I understand that such a system is
actually in use in some locations around the globe. Mainly large,
crowded Asian cities (Tokyo? Singapore?), but something of the sort is
needed in British and American cities, especially where the immediate
housing form is a grid pattern of narrow terraced streets with little,
if any, off-road garaging space.

I can fit 5 cars in my drive and own 1 (I've owned up to
3 in the past).

It's still not much to do with bikes, though.
Old December 27th 18, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
William Gothberg[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

My street has drives for all the houses. My drive is unusually long and takes 5 cars (plus 1 in the garage if I didn't use it as a workshop). But most houses have room for 2 or 3 cars. Why buy a little house with a 2 car driveway if you can afford 5 brand new BMW 4x4s? Take that money, buy a mansion, and use older or cheaper cars! The mansion won't depreciate like the cars.

Anyway, there's enough room for people to park on the street if they all park on the same side. It's simple logic that parking randomly on both sides takes up twice the room, as you need a gap between each one for passing traffic to slalom through.

I can fit 5 cars in my drive and own 1 (I've owned up to
3 in the past).

It's still not much to do with bikes, though.

Cyclists will be inconvenienced by parked cars on roads.
Old December 27th 18, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Bob F

wrote:
[...]

The the authorities should mark it so.

I have NEVER seen a situation like you describe.
Old December 27th 18, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peeler[_2_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile Idiots Alert!

On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 18:26:36 +0000, JNugent, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

I'm inclined to agree with that. I understand

You DON'T understand that you keep playing the troll's game, troll-feeding
retard!
Old December 27th 18, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Bob F

wrote:

On 26/12/2018 18:05, William Gothberg wrote:
Think this will help?* This will be printed off and placed under the
wipers of all the nutters who park on the wrong side of the road:

Side 1, facing outwards for everyone to see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/koaz45k1yh...e%201.jpg?dl=0

How do you know if it is the Green or the Blue car that has parked
incorrectly on the wrong side of the road?

The diagram is simplified.* There are in the street that annoys me most,
5 cars on one side and 1 on the other.* It's clear that making 1 park on
the other side to his house is better than making 5 park opposite.

And who decides? The first one to park?
Old December 27th 18, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
William Gothberg[_2_]

wrote:

On 26/12/2018 18:05, William Gothberg wrote:
Think this will help? This will be printed off and placed under the
wipers of all the nutters who park on the wrong side of the road:

Side 1, facing outwards for everyone to see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/koaz45k1yh...e%201.jpg?dl=0

How do you know if it is the Green or the Blue car that has parked
incorrectly on the wrong side of the road?

The diagram is simplified. There are in the street that annoys me most,
5 cars on one side and 1 on the other. It's clear that making 1 park on
the other side to his house is better than making 5 park opposite.

And who decides? The first one to park?

Of course, what else?
Old December 28th 18, 05:53 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Bob F

wrote:

On 26/12/2018 18:05, William Gothberg wrote:
Think this will help?* This will be printed off and placed under the
wipers of all the nutters who park on the wrong side of the road:

Side 1, facing outwards for everyone to see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/koaz45k1yh...e%201.jpg?dl=0

How do you know if it is the Green or the Blue car that has parked
incorrectly on the wrong side of the road?

The diagram is simplified.* There are in the street that annoys me most,
5 cars on one side and 1 on the other.* It's clear that making 1 park on
the other side to his house is better than making 5 park opposite.

And who decides? The first one to park?

Of course, what else?

And you KNOW that the single car parked on one side was NOT the first?

Inconsiderate drivers Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] UK 4 July 19th 18 08:58 PM
Inconsiderate Cycling? Budstaff UK 19 February 6th 07 01:12 PM
inconsiderate drivers! leadpan Unicycling 15 September 16th 05 01:31 AM
Inconsiderate bikers Maybe_one_time Mountain Biking 44 August 26th 04 01:15 PM
Inconsiderate bikers Gary S. Social Issues 0 August 13th 04 10:18 PM