aiight aiight aiight!! how many you dudes think ya could beat me in a race? huh?

Old March 22nd 07, 05:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Default aiight aiight aiight!! how many you dudes think ya could beatme in a race? huh?

wrote:

Side note: Since I will be (mainly) on a Siren 55 this season .... I
am setting the Rig up as a fixie ... Just for the endurance races.

I've been riding my fixie enough to even better appreciate those guys
riding fixies off-road. They're freakin' nuts!!! That being said I've
been eyeing some 27" x 1 1/4" knobblies to run on my Surrender Monkey.
What would that make it, a Surrender Monkey 60?

Greg

--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html
Old March 22nd 07, 06:00 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

bruno wrote:
On Mar 22, 12:48 pm, MattB wrote:

JD wrote:

On Mar 21, 9:20 am, "bruno" wrote:

how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????

IF - Ignorant Fools?

Birds of a feather.

JD

Not into IF? What's your gripe? I'd love a Deluxe but sadly I'm too cheap.

Matt

hey matt! do whatever ya gotta do to git yerself one. me? i eat ramen
24/7! duder! it's ****in' worth it!! drink da ****in' koolaid!!
believe ol' jd don't know what he's ****in' talkin' 'bout! dude's a
hater anyway.

IF's ain't overrated believe you me!!!!

Uh, yeah. I'll take that into consideration. A good riding buddy of mine
has a Ti Deluxe SS so I'm pretty familiar with them.
My Surly 1x1 does pretty well for me for now (as well as a S-Works Epic
and Roubaix do too), so I'm not going to "do whatever ya gotta do".
I'm one of those "pathetic old guys" you referred to who has a job and
family and they need to come first.

Matt
Old March 22nd 07, 06:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

MattB wrote:

Uh, yeah. I'll take that into consideration. A good riding buddy of mine
has a Ti Deluxe SS so I'm pretty familiar with them.
My Surly 1x1 does pretty well for me for now (as well as a S-Works Epic
and Roubaix do too), so I'm not going to "do whatever ya gotta do".
I'm one of those "pathetic old guys" you referred to who has a job and
family and they need to come first.

Matt

Uh oh, Matt. Luks like ya'll have 'ol Bruno dissin' on ya for bein' an
ole fart.

Bruno is all about Bruno. Too bad, he's lying about everything. Do you
think for a second a college student can afford to "hang wit da bitches"
in Asia or by a pricey SS? Well, that's unless Mumsy and Dadsy have
bought 'ol Brunu (aka Biff Baxter) what ever he wants (in addition to
his Ivy League edumacation). Which would make sense, since he would use
the street talk to compensate for his snooty nose dialect.

Bruno: I ain't no hater, just a realist.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old March 22nd 07, 06:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
MattB wrote:

[...]

Unless he dies young (which is entirely possible), he'll get his old
fart time too.

As for the money, I knew guys in college who lived in ski-in, ski-out
homes their parents bought for them while they were students, so
anything's possible.

But what I'm really interested in is why JD doesn't like IF, or if he's
"jus messin wid ol bruno".

Matt
Old March 22nd 07, 07:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
cc

bruno wrote:
On Mar 22, 9:43 am, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
bruno wrote:

hey dan! i'll admit i'm a pretty "average chump". but a dang fast
average chump. and douchebag jd is right for once. a good rider with a
big engine will beat a geared rider every time. believe me on this. i
do it all the time.
and the ti IF is nice. real nice.

Oops. It looks like your forgot to use your fake thug street talk.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

i don't be thuggin' all da time homes. sometimes i be havin' ta ack
like i in da ivy league an' **** yo.

writin' letterz n' ****, yo?
Old March 22nd 07, 07:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
bruno

On Mar 22, 1:09 pm, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
MattB wrote:

[...]

dude. dang right ol' bruno is about bruno. but ya know what? i bet
some of you fellers got cars an' houses an' ****. well ol' bruno only
has bikes. nice whips fo' dang sho'. but i live in an apartment in nyc
right now, but as yall know (and some of you haters tried to rain on
ol' bruno's happy days) i'm lightin' out fer se asia. i choose to
spend my hard-earned dough (i make let's jus' say a lot o' dough for a
single free young dude--more'n i need anyway--& i don't get it from ma
an' pa) on whips an' goin' places an' seein' da sights rather than
houses an' cars an' crap they tell ya yer sposed to have. most folks
are ****in' lemmings lemme tell ya. comes from watchin' the ol' idiot
box 24/7.

ol' bruno don't got a tv neither. (bet some o' yall even got them big
ol' flatscreen things most dudes cream over. an' while we're on that i
bet some o' yall even spend a lot o' skrill on fancy backyard grills
an' such. that **** depresses me more'n i can tell ya). well ol' bruno
don't. i ain't gonna get all caught up in that **** an' **** my life
up. aiight. admitted i spend a heckuva lot on real nice whips (the
deluxe makes for my 3rd IF--****in' JD if'n he's serious about bein' a
IF hater is once again full of ****). so along wif da karate monkey,
my stable has four steeds right now.

but i sleep on a ****in' futon an' don't buy all the crap most
everyone else does. that's how i ****in' roll!

happy everything to everybody!!!!

Old March 22nd 07, 09:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 22, 7:41 am, wrote:
So many times I have been at a state series race and have seen/heard
SS'er complaining because the organizers don't have a SS class.

That's because some of the biggest douchebags on two wheels are
amateur racers.

JD

Old March 22nd 07, 09:56 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 22, 10:38 am, MattB wrote:
But what I'm really interested in is why JD doesn't like IF, or if he's
"jus messin wid ol bruno".

Throwing a dart at a dirtdart.

JD

Old March 23rd 07, 02:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

On Mar 22, 9:41 am, wrote:
On Mar 21, 1:57 pm, MattB wrote:

wrote:
On Mar 21, 1:20 pm, "bruno" wrote:

how many? and why? i'm rockin' a new ti deluxe SS from my boyz at IF.
any yall think ya could hang wif ol' bruno now????

I'm thinking I may be able to. Why? SS, my friend. I've got a full
range of gears on my MTBs, and it tends to help me with the speed
thing. The only reason I'm not more confident is that I suspect you
may be the alias of one of the (bored) residents here. If you're the
boredom project of one of the better riders of a.m-b then I may not be
able to.

Have you ridden with many/any singlespeeders? Genrally not a slow bunch
of riders. The gears would help you a lot if there were any long flat or
fast DH sections that relied on hard pedalling. But a lot of the SS
riders I know are damn fast and crush many of the geared riders on our
rolling terrain that requires hard pedalling mostly on the climbs.

Now this brings up an interesting point. I had this discussion with
DeeJay Birch (name drop) after the Angelfire World Cup.

Here goes.

Since so many SS'er are turning laps equal to or faster than our
geared brethren why is it that so many still demand to have their own
category to race in?

So many times I have been at a state series race and have seen/heard
SS'er complaining because the organizers don't have a SS class. If
there aren't classes for say dual suspensions that are separate from
hardtails, or perhaps a separate class for rigid .... why should there
be a separate class for SS's? It is the riders choice as to what bike
to bring ...

Personally, I am just another old man with a SS ... and given that I
"retired" more than a dozen years ago, I generally race in my cat on a
SS. It doesn't make me any slower.

Side note: Since I will be (mainly) on a Siren 55 this season .... I
am setting the Rig up as a fixie ... Just for the endurance races.

My opinion on separate classes for SS in mtb races is that for the
most part, SS'ers are more relaxed and have more fun at races. Of
course there are the hotdogs at the top of the pile who feel they have
to act like they're serious roadies, but hey.

CDB

aiight all you southeast asia hands. . . bruno Mountain Biking 13 February 24th 07 12:54 AM
CO Dudes... Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 27 September 11th 06 05:41 AM
Hey Salida dudes MattB Mountain Biking 0 September 14th 05 09:46 PM
UK dudes... Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 5 July 21st 05 05:00 PM
dudes when is there gonna be a unicycle video game? saminsaneman Unicycling 46 September 1st 04 07:59 PM