Squirrel revenge

Old November 22nd 16, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Squirrel revenge

Revenge of the squirrels:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nst-squirrels/

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old November 22nd 16, 11:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 14:49:40 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Revenge of the squirrels:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nst-squirrels/

Notice that the squirrel is still wrapped around the front wheel hub:
https://www.facebook.com/185596881463969/photos/a.489993711024283.114627.185596881463969/1322023724487940/?type=3&theater

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old November 23rd 16, 01:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

Revenge of the squirrels:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nst-squirrels/

Notice that the squirrel is still wrapped around the front wheel hub:
https://www.facebook.com/185596881463969/photos/a.489993711024283.114627.185596881463969/1322023724487940/?type=3&theater

It's actually an encouraging picture if you ride a Roo-bay. No broken fork. No collapsed wheel, although the bike should have been sold with a CPSC approved squirrel guard -- or sharper spokes for faster ejection.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old November 23rd 16, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

wrote:

Revenge of the squirrels:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nst-squirrels/

Notice that the squirrel is still wrapped around the front wheel hub:
https://www.facebook.com/185596881463969/photos/a.489993711024283.114627.185596881463969/1322023724487940/?type=3&theater

It's actually an encouraging picture if you ride a Roo-bay.
No broken fork. No collapsed wheel, although the bike should
have been sold with a CPSC approved squirrel guard -- or
sharper spokes for faster ejection.
-- Jay Beattie.

Methinks it's a Specialized Roubaix SL4 Sport:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/road/roubaix-sl4-sport/118384

One of these squirrel stickers on the top tube should be good for
bragging rights:
https://www.google.com/search?q=squirrel+stickers&tbm=isch

Squirrel guard? The best I could find are railroad cow catchers
adapted for a bicycle:
https://www.google.com/search?q=bicycle+cow+catcher&tbm=isch

Maybe some signage?
http://rlv.zcache.com/warning_beware_of_the_squirrels_sticker-rfb321f3a227f4d6992fa6bf2b090c97d_v9waf_8byvr_700. jpg

Yep. Sharpened aero spokes would have been helpful to help skin, gut,
clean, and fillet the carcass. However, if all one needs is a way to
keep the squirrel out of the spokes, then covering the spokes with
chicken wire or lighter weight nylon netting, and optional squirrel
scrapers attached to the forks, should be sufficient.

I'm trying to reconstruct the accident. The pieces of the puzzle are
all there, but don't quite fit together. "The alderman flipped over
the handlebars and landed with such a severe impact that he fractured
his skull, broke his nose and knocked out a handful of teeth". If he
flipped over the handlebars, did he disconnect from the pedals and
cleats? I would have expected him to stay attached to the bicycle.
Maybe he landed like this:
http://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Slideshows/_production/ss-094020-fallingguy/ss-090420-fallingguy-handlebars.today-ss-slide-desktop.jpg
while still attached to the pedals? If he flipped over the handlebars
at speed, then the bicycle should have showed some paint loss or
damage from sliding across the roadway.

From the photo, judging by the position of the chain and derailleurs,
he was in high gear and possibly going rather fast.

I tried to zoom in on the bicycle computer display, but could not read
the display.

Old November 23rd 16, 10:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Indian Summer ... ?

Lieb, purveyor of lingerie has discovered a pit if social rot prom coming from the yellow hoard...

https://www.google.com/search?sa=X&b...k1.MC-ez48iRqA
Old November 23rd 16, 11:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Call Hoover !

https://www.google.com/search?sa=X&b...41.C9VwTxsH4I0
Old November 24th 16, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

https://www.google.com/search?gl=us&...k1.ednaoo78_Es

Call Masters n Johnson

Fir the fridge door or suitcase ?

I have an American Whitewater decal ...I was ruminating on a small rear window collection demonstrating a position as a harmless eco sport

But ? attracting seedy overweight middle aged men ? awfully time consuming.

Should be an 800 number call n ask of the effects of using a squirrel sticker on your Subaru.

Who knows what evil lurks ... ?

Old November 25th 16, 12:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

cycle stickers are kinda shallow here ....obviously healthy givn the run of it

not much wit tho

goo.gl/3pBaiS

Beady know a list of classics ?

Tack revenge? Alycidon UK 4 September 9th 15 07:31 AM
RR: Revenge Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 2 September 24th 06 09:18 PM
Manzano's Revenge Allez1 Racing 7 May 29th 06 05:03 AM
Revenge has been had :) wafflycat UK 5 September 14th 05 09:41 PM
Revenge will be had ;-) wafflycat UK 5 September 11th 05 05:37 PM