Insurance for bike (liability, not theft)

Old October 5th 04, 12:36 AM
BringYouToLife

I got some bike insurance I will sell you, sir. e-mail me and I will
send you a policy. Does $10 dollar a month sound ok?
Old October 5th 04, 04:26 AM
Mike Schwab

Should be covered by your renters/homeowners policy. Medical or general
liability. Umbrella is additional coverage on top of
renters/homeowners/auto policy.

Tony Bruguier wrote:

Hi all,

I just bought a used bike (carbs powered, not gasoline) and I'd like
to get insurance. I am not worrying about my bike getting stolen (all
the insurance policies I found with google offer this) but about
running into a pedestrian and having to pay the medical bills. I live
in California.

Thanks a bunch,
Tony

Old October 5th 04, 03:13 PM
SlowRider

"Roger Zoul" wrote in message ...
I know this is a silly question to ask in regards to insurance, but do you
expect to run into pedestrians much?

I've done it. (True Confessions)

I was in a hurry, flying down an empty bike path when a couple of
pre-teen girls wandered onto the trail just in front of me (oblivious
to everything around them as only pre-teen girls can be). As they
were moving to the right, I had just enough time to brake, call "on
your left" and then react as one of them, yes, moved back to the left.
I had slowed to about 15 by the time I hit her. Fortunately, I only
hit the back of her left arm with my right arm as I squeezed by, and I
didn't go down. She was fine, but if I had reacted a bit slower or if
she had moved farther left, either or both of us could have been
seriously hurt (most likely me, as I would have bailed off to the
side).

As the adult, it was entirely my responsibility. Dunno what I was
thinking, going into time-trial mode on a bike trail in the middle of
a sunny weekend afternoon -- I should've known better. I guess I
figured a clear trail ahead was safe enough.

So it can and does happen, and it could easily be an oblivious child
who causes the accident. Better to be insured.

JR

3rd party liability insurance Roz Holmes UK 16 April 1st 04 09:23 PM
my parents are okay (hurricaine) Monique Y. Herman Mountain Biking 53 September 22nd 03 09:18 PM
Holiday insurance avec velo Lee UK 2 September 22nd 03 08:25 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM