Broken KH Saddle

Old June 12th 04, 02:58 PM
unicyclistjoe

Default Broken KH Saddle

whilst rolling hopping a 50cm ledge, the flex in the KH saddle happened
to rip the seat off the plate inside, which creates an extreme amount of
flex, and i can pull the seat at least 2cm away from the top of the seat
post. has anyone else had this problem? heres some photos...and now i
have to fork out $NZ100 for a new one

| Attachment filename: kh seat.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/216267|

unicyclistjoe - Wellington's Best Unicyclist

Well a MOPED or whatever you call it...yeah good one security
unicyclistjoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6856

Old June 12th 04, 04:55 PM
one wheeled stallion

Blimey, I've snapped 3 KH seats, but not all the way through the
plastic, tho you're farfrom the only one to do it. If you've done that,
see if uni.com NZ have KH carbon fibre bases or if they'll order them,
cuz that's as tough as seat bases get at the minute. You can use your
old handle and bumper and foam and will just need a cover unless you
want to glue theold one to the base.

--
one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

OWS

"...there's nothing I can't manage if I grunt loudly enough" -Mikefule
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Old June 12th 04, 05:01 PM
uniextreme

Yes this has happened to me i dont think the seat bases on the kh's are
very srtong.

--
uniextreme - Funkadelic Unicyclist

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuw09

Scars are tatoos with better stories
uniextreme's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4708

Old June 12th 04, 11:07 PM
munimanpete

That happened to me aswell, though not with a KH, so now i am looking at
getting a KH.

--
munimanpete - smelly ham

WWW.MUNIMAN.2YA.COM

*www.unicycle.2ya.com*
munimanpete's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6311

Old June 13th 04, 02:26 AM
unicyclistjoe

yea, one of the guys was talking about getting a carbon seat base, i
cant really afford to get one as well as a new seat. i think il just pay
for a new one and hope...

Old June 13th 04, 03:30 AM
mscalisi

Has anyone broken any of the new generation KH seats?

--
mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Anyone dealt with a broken fibula? Dora Smith General 20 July 30th 04 01:00 AM
Saddle review martin Techniques 6 May 8th 04 02:52 AM
Frame Fit: Sit-Bones, KOPS, Saddle Setback, Stem Length (Pete Cresswell) Mountain Biking 7 April 21st 04 10:41 PM
15,000 km on my Brooks saddle and it's not broken in yet? Keith Boone Techniques 9 August 15th 03 12:39 AM