Cyclists waste petrol

Old September 10th 18, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Cyclists waste petrol

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 19:26:43 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 18:51:19 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 17:57:32 +0100, rbowman
wrote:
On 09/09/2018 10:53 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
rbowman wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Once you lot are out of the EU, you'll have decent Korean
cars available

Like Dacia and Daiwoo? Loads of them about already.

Dacias are Romanian, aren't they?

Yep, and a Renault subsidiary there.

While I work with a woman named Dacia, that's as close as I'll
ever get to one. We don't even have Renaults any more and after
the Yugo, any eastern European creations are suspect. There are
some who feel that the only worthwhile thing Clinton did was
bombing the Yugo plant.

I've yet to see any car that's reliable. Why, in the 21st
century, can't we make anything that just keeps working?

Why are you not working, Phucker?

Why should I work 7 days a week?

To pay the bills.
Why do you not have a job? Man with a degree.

Most people do not work SEVEN days a week.

I did, just to pay the bills. But, I am not "most people".

Old September 10th 18, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 20:11:28 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 19:38:02 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 19:12:29 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 17:57:32 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/09/2018 10:53 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
rbowman wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Once you lot are out of the EU, you'll have decent Korean cars
available

Like Dacia and Daiwoo? Loads of them about already.

Dacias are Romanian, aren't they?

Yep, and a Renault subsidiary there.

While I work with a woman named Dacia, that's as close as I'll ever
get
to one. We don't even have Renaults any more and after the Yugo, any
eastern European creations are suspect. There are some who feel that
the
only worthwhile thing Clinton did was bombing the Yugo plant.

I've yet to see any car that's reliable.

Mine hasn't had a single failure in 12 years.

Why, in the 21st century, can't we make anything that just keeps
working?

They have with mine. Corse its not a european steaming turd with
wheels.

Are you talking about your Golf?

Nope, the Getz that replaced it.

Did you suddenly feel the need to drive at precisely the speed limit when
you bought it?

Nope. In fact its so light with such a decent engine
that I was hooning along at well over 140K Km on the
way back from an airshow in Temora on the first
trip out of town in the new car. That's exceeding
the 100K speed limit by the level at which the
cops can seize the car instead of just fining you.

Ours is about 30mph over. Which I guess is similar. But it's not just seizing the car, your license gets removed, because the ****wits think driving fast means you're dangerous.

The cop had the decency to list it at just under 140K
and just slug me the ****ing great fine.

Less paperwork.

I chose to
front the magistrate instead of paying the fine
and pointed out that that was on a straight stretch
of flat road, not even any trees on the side of the
road for more than 10KM with no other cars in
sight until the cop car showed up coming in the
other direction, presumably at 100K. Driving into
the setting sun, and lied to the magistrate that
it was the first time in the new car and I didn't
notice it was going that fast. He let me off.

Bloody hell. Try that here and get double the fine, they bribe you by letting you have less problems if you plead guilty.

All the Hyundai drivers here do.

Don't believe that either

Anyone owning a Hyundai is an OCD ****wit or an OAP. Usually i10, i20, etc her.

and you previously claimed
that everyone there drives at 10-15K over the speed limit.

Every normal person.

Even you should be able to do better
than that pathetic excuse for a troll.

Obviously not.

Always in my ****ing way!

I had to replace things on my Golf.

I didn't have to replace much, just the alternator regulator and the
exhaust silencer, once.

Actually I gave up on mine because of the large amount of rust underneath
to pass the ****ing government nanny state MOT.

I did too, but that was my stupidity. I don't garage or carport
my cars and knew that the Golf passengers floor got wet after
heavy rain due to the windscreen seal and had never got
around to redoing the windscreen seal. That eventually
did rust thru the floor. No rust on the outside tho.

My garage is for storing things, I don't have room indoors for a car.

Maybe less than with some cars, but I still needed replacement
suspension
parts etc.

I didn't replace any of those and I used that Golf for
much longer than you did, 45 years in fact and used
it every day to go to and from work too.

Are your roads littered with speed bumps?

Yep.

I go over perhaps 200 a day.

Nothing like as many here.

Not littered then. Here, they're even stupid enough to put them in places where you couldn't possibly be breaking the limit, like literally 10 feet from a junction.

I did have to replace one of the giant rubber
things that the exhaust system hangs on.

I've found exhausts on all makes of cars to be similar. Stupidly made out
of rustable metals.

That's why I replaced it with a stainless steel one.

Since I buy cars for £500, I tend to replace an exhaust only once, so pointless me getting a longer lasting one. They should be manufactured with them though, especially those with a 7 year warranty. Although I guess they scam you on that and omit the exhaust from the warranty.

Havent had to do anything with the Getz one.

Forget how many years or km it was with the Golf
but the use is quite different with the Getz with
not so much chance for it to get really hot to
burn off the condensed exhaust gases overnight.

Old September 10th 18, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

I am well aware that you are odd.

So are you admitting that your job was so **** you needed to work 7 days to pay the bills?
Old September 10th 18, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
[...]

Oh, I also paid off my mortgage.

Old September 10th 18, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, ours is too. And currently a $2.5K fine as well.

because the ****wits think driving fast means you're dangerous.

The cop had the decency to list it at just under 140K
and just slug me the ****ing great fine.

Less paperwork.

I chose to
front the magistrate instead of paying the fine
and pointed out that that was on a straight stretch
of flat road, not even any trees on the side of the
road for more than 10KM with no other cars in
sight until the cop car showed up coming in the
other direction, presumably at 100K. Driving into
the setting sun, and lied to the magistrate that
it was the first time in the new car and I didn't
notice it was going that fast. He let me off.

Bloody hell. Try that here and get double the fine,

You risk that here too.

they bribe you by letting you have less problems if you plead guilty.

All the Hyundai drivers here do.

Don't believe that either

Anyone owning a Hyundai is an OCD ****wit or an OAP.

Another pathetic excuse for a troll.

Usually i10, i20, etc her.

Same here, those replaced the Getz which isnt a current model.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Even you should be able to do better
than that pathetic excuse for a troll.

Obviously not.

Always in my ****ing way!

I had to replace things on my Golf.

I didn't have to replace much, just the alternator regulator and the
exhaust silencer, once.

Actually I gave up on mine because of the large amount of rust
underneath
to pass the ****ing government nanny state MOT.

I did too, but that was my stupidity. I don't garage or carport
my cars and knew that the Golf passengers floor got wet after
heavy rain due to the windscreen seal and had never got
around to redoing the windscreen seal. That eventually
did rust thru the floor. No rust on the outside tho.

My garage is for storing things,

I never did bother to do the carport.

I don't have room indoors for a car.

I could if I wanted to but choose not to.

Maybe less than with some cars, but I still needed replacement
suspension parts etc.

I didn't replace any of those and I used that Golf for
much longer than you did, 45 years in fact and used
it every day to go to and from work too.

Are your roads littered with speed bumps?

Yep.

I go over perhaps 200 a day.

Nothing like as many here.

Not littered then. Here, they're even stupid enough to put them in places
where you couldn't possibly be breaking the limit, like literally 10 feet
from a junction.

Not here.

I did have to replace one of the giant rubber
things that the exhaust system hangs on.

I've found exhausts on all makes of cars to be similar. Stupidly made
out
of rustable metals.

That's why I replaced it with a stainless steel one.

Since I buy cars for £500,

So can I but I choose not to anymore. The last 3 cars have been bought
new. You get a lot more choice of car, can be sure of no problems to fix
that you have to pay for for years and I generally keep them for so long
that the extra cost isnt worth the hassle with old bombs.

I tend to replace an exhaust only once, so pointless me getting a longer
lasting one. They should be manufactured with them though, especially
those with a 7 year warranty. Although I guess they scam you on that and
omit the exhaust from the warranty.

Mine doesn't. Only the tyres and battery are excluded.

Old September 10th 18, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

The Getz is identical in every way to your Renault,
just much better made and much more reliable.

Old September 10th 18, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

By your age I would hope so.
Old September 10th 18, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
[...]

I owned my first house when I was less than your age. From memory I was 34
years old.
It was mine, all mine.

Old September 11th 18, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
TMS320

On 09/09/18 00:50, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 08 Sep 2018 23:33:39 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 08/09/18 22:29, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I agree that all cars should be automatic. But for some reason the UK
hasn't caught up with the US in this respect.

Actually, Europe hasn't caught up with the rest of the world. And to
prove it hasn't a clue it invented the dual clutch.

Never had one of those, are they a bad thing then?* Top Gear seems to
like them.

They were developed for racing. They probably work quite well where the
fast upshifts minimise breaks in power. They are said not to cope with
low speeds particularly well where the preselection can be indecisive.
Non-European markets don't like the abrupt shifts. They have been the
subject of warranty claims and law suits.

Ford recently dropped "Power****" and went back to a conventional auto.
PSA stayed with proper Japanese boxes all along without putting
themselves through the same learning process and it seems some brands
have quietly dropped auto completely from some models where second hand
cars with the box can be found in Autotrader.
Old September 11th 18, 12:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

It's not a competition.

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 11:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 09:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 18th 07 12:30 AM