Ho ho ho

Old August 16th 08, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]

Default Ho ho ho

http://cms.met.police.uk/met/borough...ycle_operation

Lets hope for a national rollout soon, eh?
Old August 16th 08, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs

nully wrote:
http://cms.met.police.uk/met/borough...ycle_operation

Lets hope for a national rollout soon, eh?

How are you getting along with your bike? Any good rides recently?

~PB

Old August 16th 08, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
dkahn400

On Aug 16, 2:21*pm, nully wrote:
http://cms.met.police.uk/met/borough...we_doing/news/...

Lets hope for a national rollout soon, eh?

I think most of the cyclists in this group would agree with you.
Illegal and antisocial cyclists annoy the hell out of us too.

--
Dave...

Old August 16th 08, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom

"nully" wrote in message
http://cms.met.police.uk/met/borough...ycle_operation

Lets hope for a national rollout soon, eh?

I can live with that, but I'm looking forward to the day that 20% of all
speeding motorists get a fine too

Tom

Old August 16th 08, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 14:21:08 +0100, nully wrote:

http://cms.met.police.uk/met/borough...ycle_operation

Lets hope for a national rollout soon, eh?

excellent - I have written to them and congratulated them on their
action.

Old August 16th 08, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]

Tom wrote:
"nully" wrote in message
http://cms.met.police.uk/met/borough...ycle_operation

Lets hope for a national rollout soon, eh?

I can live with that, but I'm looking forward to the day that 20% of all
speeding motorists get a fine too

A little confused - *every* motorist who is observed by the flatfoots
speeding (more than a notional 'allowance' for error) is currently
fined. So, you're looking forward to the day when *less* motorists get
fined?
Of course the reverse doesn't hold true, in that cyclists flouting the
law are often ignored by plod who cant be bothered with the paperwork.
Old August 16th 08, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]

judith wrote:
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 14:21:08 +0100, nully wrote:

http://cms.met.police.uk/met/borough...ycle_operation

Lets hope for a national rollout soon, eh?

excellent - I have written to them and congratulated them on their
action.

Me too - the more support they get, the better the chance that they'll
roll it out everywhere else too, and the sooner we get rid of this
scourge of lawbreaking cyclists!
Old August 16th 08, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom

"nully" wrote in message
Tom wrote:
"nully" wrote in message
http://cms.met.police.uk/met/borough...ycle_operation

Lets hope for a national rollout soon, eh?

I can live with that, but I'm looking forward to the day that 20% of
all speeding motorists get a fine too

A little confused -

Yes

*every* motorist who is observed by the flatfoots speeding

Observed being the operative word here, I'll be quite happy for 20% ALL red
light jumpers to be fined, just as long as 20% of ALL speeding motorists are
also fined. I imagine that the average driver will be banned by the end of
the first week.

Old August 16th 08, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
SW

On 16 Aug, 16:42, nully wrote:
judith wrote:
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 14:21:08 +0100, nully wrote:

http://cms.met.police.uk/met/borough...we_doing/news/...

Lets hope for a national rollout soon, eh?

excellent - I have written to them and congratulated them on their
action.

Me too - the more support they get, the better the chance that they'll
roll it out everywhere else too, and the sooner we get rid of this
scourge of lawbreaking cyclists!

While they're at it, do you think there's any chance they can do more
to get rid of this scourge of speeding motorists?