1.75" Tires w/Center Strip?

Old February 28th 10, 02:46 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Default 1.75" Tires w/Center Strip?

I've been using WTB's Mutano Raptor 54/54 Race tires for awhile
on my SYS bike and they work for me: minimal pavement buzz, but
enough dirt traction for what I do.

For my rigid pavement bike, I'm using 1.5" slicks.

In the interest of some traction and a little more cush on the
pothole repairs, I'm thinking of replacing the slicks with
something 1.75 or 2.1 that has some tread but the same center
ridge that keeps the Mutanos from buzzing.

OTOH, I'd like to keep most of the liveliness that the 1.5s have
over the Mutanos.

Any suggestions? I was thinking Nano Raptors, but worry that,
at 2.1", they'll be so close to the Mutanos that I might as well
use Mutanos. Anybody A/B'd these two tires.

Other suggestions?
--
PeteCresswell
Old February 28th 10, 03:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
di

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
I've been using WTB's Mutano Raptor 54/54 Race tires for awhile
on my SYS bike and they work for me: minimal pavement buzz, but
enough dirt traction for what I do.

For my rigid pavement bike, I'm using 1.5" slicks.

In the interest of some traction and a little more cush on the
pothole repairs, I'm thinking of replacing the slicks with
something 1.75 or 2.1 that has some tread but the same center
ridge that keeps the Mutanos from buzzing.

OTOH, I'd like to keep most of the liveliness that the 1.5s have
over the Mutanos.

Any suggestions? I was thinking Nano Raptors, but worry that,
at 2.1", they'll be so close to the Mutanos that I might as well
use Mutanos. Anybody A/B'd these two tires.

Other suggestions?
--
PeteCresswell

Continental Town & Country, 2.10 x 26, roll very well can be inflated to
about 60 psi. and still have enough side thread to be used for some off road
use.

Old February 28th 10, 02:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Per (PeteCresswell):
my SYS bike

Oops... shb SUS