Unlit cyclist attacks motorist with bicycle

Old April 18th 15, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ronnie[_2_]

Default TMS 320 finally admits that cyclists are sponging freeloaders!

On 17/04/2015 09:33, TMS320 wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote
On 17/04/2015 00:28, TMS320 wrote:

Now answer the question I asked; Do cyclists pay any SPECIFIC EXTRA
taxes
to use their push bikes on the road?

That's a different question to the last one. Yes, I can confirm that
the
government does not demand specific taxes from people that choose to
use
bicycle. There is no need for jealousy - just get a bike and ride it.

Nobody is jealous of cyclists. Read the research;

The issue is about tax, you idiot. There is no unfairness.

Who mentioned unfairness? Nobody is suggesting that cyclists being
sponging freeloaders isn't fair. Just that cyclists should pay their way
and stop being sponging freeloaders.

How can cyclists be spongers when they do not *have* to pay tax!?
If your car was exempt from tax, would you insist that you pay something
to the DVLA? and if not, could we call you a sponger?
Old April 18th 15, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 18/04/2015 17:53, Ronnie wrote:
[...]

Even if there was no vehicle tax component to using a motor vehicle, the
massive amounts of extra taxation incurred during its use are an expense
that the cyclist does not pay, yet the cyclist uses the roads and
expects vast amounts to be lavished from the public purse to provide
cyclists with what would actually need to be their own road network, all
the while doing as little as possible to keep their use of the roads safe.
Old April 19th 15, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default TMS 320 finally admits that cyclists are sponging freeloader!

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 10:56:00 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:50:43 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

****wits

Why do people insult others?

Insults can also be used as a form of control, whether it is to control
another person, to control a conversation. Insulting outbursts are often
used by people who are angry that their lives are out of control in
other ways.

Why do you insist on calling yourself a ****wit? If you're looking to
start an argument, you'll have to change the subject.

You called others ****wits for some reason.
Perhaps you are insecure about yourself?
Old April 19th 15, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RJH[_2_]

On 17/04/2015 00:28, TMS320 wrote:

Now answer the question I asked; Do cyclists pay any SPECIFIC EXTRA
taxes
to use their push bikes on the road?

That's a different question to the last one. Yes, I can confirm that the
government does not demand specific taxes from people that choose to
use a
bicycle. There is no need for jealousy - just get a bike and ride it.

Nobody is jealous of cyclists. Read the research;

Years of government efforts to promote cycling have had almost no impact
on a sceptical population who largely view bikes as either children's
toys or the preserve of Lycra-clad hobbyists, a university study has found.

"Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a legitimate mode of
transport; it is either a toy for children or a vehicle fit only for the
poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster University, wrote in an
interim assessment of the Understanding Walking and Cycling study.

"For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail to see its purpose,
and have no interest in integrating it into their lives, certainly on a
regular basis."

Select use of work he did (with others). The 'scepticism' mentioned is
because potential cyclists view risk as a significant variable related
to non-adoption of cycling. The other variables are family constraints
and perceptions of 'normality'.

More he

http://www.research.lancs.ac.uk/port...e/david-horton

Not sure where you get your 'jealous' thesis from - Handyman Research? :-)

--
Cheers, Rob
Old April 19th 15, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 10:56:00 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:50:43 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

****wits

Why do people insult others?

Insults can also be used as a form of control, whether it is to control
another person, to control a conversation. Insulting outbursts are often
used by people who are angry that their lives are out of control in
other ways.

Why do you insist on calling yourself a ****wit? If you're looking to
start an argument, you'll have to change the subject.

You called others ****wits for some reason.
Perhaps you are insecure about yourself?

Your attention deficiency syndrome has really kicked in, hasn't it?
I originally did not call anyone a ****wit - I used the expression
"psycholist" - for some obscure reason you chose to change it to "****wit".
And, as I said, I found no grounds on which to argue with you on this
subject.

Old April 19th 15, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

[...]

Because they use the roads and should pay to do so.

If your car was exempt from tax, would you insist that you pay something
to the DVLA? and if not, could we call you a sponger?

If I used one of the minority of Road Tax exempt vehicles I would still
pay all the other taxes including fuel duty.

Old April 19th 15, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 19/04/2015 09:53, RJH wrote:
[...]

But nonetheless true. This is what normal people think of cycling.

The 'scepticism' mentioned is
because potential cyclists view risk as a significant variable related
to non-adoption of cycling.

Because a push bike isn't a viable form of transport. "Many people
barely recognise the bicycle as a legitimate mode of transport; it is
either a toy for children or a vehicle fit only for the poor and/or
strange,"

The other variables are family constraints
and perceptions of 'normality'.

Not sure where you get your 'jealous' thesis from - Handyman Research? :-)

What jealous thesis? The TMS idiot mention being jealous of cyclists -
a truly bizarre concept.

Old April 19th 15, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ronnie[_2_]

[...]

But bicycles don't use any fuel...obviously. Bicycles are legally
allowed on roads, so I don't understand exactly what you keep carping on
about.
Why do you keep whingeing if they are *legally* allowed on the
roads....jealous because they are fuel free?

Old April 19th 15, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 19/04/2015 13:09, Ronnie wrote:
[...]

That's because cyclists aren't too bright. If cyclists are allowed to
use their 'vehicles' on the roads they should pay to do so and not be
sponging freeloaders.

Why do you keep whingeing if they are *legally* allowed on the
roads....jealous because they are fuel free?

Don't be silly, no normal person is jealous of cyclists. They should pay
their way.