Blur mud problems

Old November 16th 03, 01:24 PM
Keith Walter

Default Blur mud problems

Has anybody else had problems with mud clogging up the front mech on a
Blur since winter set in?

I fitted a top pull top swing mech and I'm wondering if bottom swing
might have been a better solution. I'm also looking at the idea of
creating a small guard to protect the front mech and lower pivot.

Anyone else had similar problems and managed to solve them? I'd be
interested to hear your ideas.

--
Uncle Keith
Old November 16th 03, 02:00 PM

Get a derailleur boot or use a micro fender on GT i
drive Z.

Fire up MTB 03

Old November 16th 03, 07:41 PM
Keith Walter

In article ,
wrote:

Get a derailleur boot or use a micro fender on GT i
drive Z.

The boot sounds like a good idea, but I might try making a micro guard
first as it will protect the bottom pivot as well.

--
Uncle Keith
Old November 17th 03, 01:26 AM
JD

Keith Walter wrote in message ...
Has anybody else had problems with mud clogging up the front mech on a
Blur since winter set in?

I fitted a top pull top swing mech and I'm wondering if bottom swing
might have been a better solution.snip

No, not a design flaw in a santa crud...

JD
Old November 17th 03, 05:38 AM
Jon Bond

"Keith Walter" wrote in message
Has anybody else had problems with mud clogging up the front mech on a
Blur since winter set in?

I fitted a top pull top swing mech and I'm wondering if bottom swing
might have been a better solution. I'm also looking at the idea of
creating a small guard to protect the front mech and lower pivot.

Anyone else had similar problems and managed to solve them? I'd be
interested to hear your ideas.

--
Uncle Keith

Can't say I've had problems, and I've ridden in some pretty thick stuff at
races. Well, no more so than on the ol' kaitai. Just throw a grunge boot
on there for really nasty days.

Jon Bond

Old November 18th 03, 02:10 AM
Bill Wheeler

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:24:25 +0000, Keith Walter
wrote:

Has anybody else had problems with mud clogging up the front mech on a
Blur since winter set in?

Yeah, I'm sure there are many fools that don't ride a SS with the
same, damn, avoidable, gear pig problem.

Peace,
Bill(I can't help myself)Wheeler
....one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them,
one speed to bring them all and on the trails pass them
In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...
Old November 18th 03, 05:07 AM
Marty

wrote:

Has anybody else had problems with mud clogging up the front mech on a
Blur since winter set in?

Yeah, I'm sure there are many fools that don't ride a SS with the
same, damn, avoidable, gear pig problem.

Peace,
Bill(I can't help myself)Wheeler
...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them,
one speed to bring them all and on the trails pass them
In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

Fools?

Now Bill.................... play nice.

Marty

Old November 18th 03, 09:32 PM
Keith Walter

wrote:

Has anybody else had problems with mud clogging up the front mech on a
Blur since winter set in?

Yeah, I'm sure there are many fools that don't ride a SS with the
same, damn, avoidable, gear pig problem.

What ring sizes front & back do you run? It's something I've actually
considered.

--
Uncle Keith
Old November 19th 03, 12:37 AM
Bill Wheeler

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:32:05 +0000, Keith Walter
wrote:

wrote:

Has anybody else had problems with mud clogging up the front mech on a
Blur since winter set in?

Yeah, I'm sure there are many fools that don't ride a SS with the
same, damn, avoidable, gear pig problem.

What ring sizes front & back do you run? It's something I've actually
considered.

32t front
18t rear

I believe that's 1.77 : 1 ratio