Vegas bike rental

Old November 12th 03, 03:36 AM
MTBScottie

Default Vegas bike rental

Subject: Vegas bike rental
From: kantspel
Date: 11/11/2003 5:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

Ya want the full list, or the summary? ;-)

I can guess a few...
1. Didn't snip (I always forget)
2. Asked instead of looking up (get over it, I'm looking for opinions)
3. Not enought info in request?
4. Las Vegas is someone elses turf?

Actually, you did just fine. I have to change your #1 though, and
unfortunatley have to ask you to remember that this newsgroup is over 90% full
of the most arrogant and rude people I've never personally met.
Old November 12th 03, 12:08 PM
Stephen Baker

MTBScottie says:

Actually, you did just fine. I have to change your #1 though, and
unfortunatley have to ask you to remember that this newsgroup is over
90% full
of the most arrogant and rude people I've never personally met.

You've actually personally met 90% of us? Well, I guess I must be in the 10%
because I don't remember you seeing my smiling face ever.....

Steve
Old November 12th 03, 12:39 PM
Michael Dart

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
MTBScottie says:

Actually, you did just fine. I have to change your #1 though, and
unfortunatley have to ask you to remember that this newsgroup is over
90% full
of the most arrogant and rude people I've never personally met.

You've actually personally met 90% of us? Well, I guess I must be in the

10%
because I don't remember you seeing my smiling face ever.....

Steve

Uh...read it again Steve.

Mike - not that it's really that important. ;^)

Old November 12th 03, 03:05 PM
Dave W

"Michael Dart" had this to say

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
MTBScottie says:

Actually, you did just fine. I have to change your #1 though, and
unfortunatley have to ask you to remember that this newsgroup is
over 90% full
of the most arrogant and rude people I've never personally met.

You've actually personally met 90% of us? Well, I guess I must be in
the

10%
because I don't remember you seeing my smiling face ever.....

Steve

Uh...read it again Steve.

Mike - not that it's really that important. ;^)

Damn Mike! you just couldn't leave it alone could ya?

Dave (enjoying the irony!)
Old November 12th 03, 03:11 PM
kantspel

Paladin wrote:

kantspel wrote:

I'm going to be in Las Vegas in early Dec for a week. Can someone
save me the time of googling and recommend a good place for bike
rentals out there?

YEP, last shop on left side of the road that leads west to the Red Rocks
area. Can't be more specific, but you can sure find it from there.

They're good folks, but iirc, you'll get a Fisher.

Paladin

Thanks, amazing how many replies it takes to get something useful. Any
hints on the name so I can hit them up for more info?

Old November 12th 03, 04:29 PM
Chris Glidden

"kantspel" asked:

Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

You expected a straight answer. LOL. In any case, good luck finding a good
place. Paladin's suggestions sounds like your best bet at this point. Post
a RR, I'm curious as to what the Vegas riding is like.

cg

Old November 12th 03, 05:36 PM
Jonesy

kantspel wrote in message ...
Dave W wrote:
kantspel had this to say

I'm going to be in Las Vegas in early Dec for a week. Can someone save
me the time of googling and recommend a good place for bike rentals out
there?

your not from around here are you?

Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

It's not an a.m-b rule, but a rule of polite people anywhere. First,
you go seek info on your own. Google is good. Then you post a list
of what you found, and ask questions based on that. That way, it
looks like you actually did a little work, and didn't expect to be
spoon-fed data without one ounce of effort on your part.

"I looked in Google for LV bike rental places. I found Shops X, Y, Z
and Q, But don't know anything about any of them. Does anyone have
any experience with any of these? Could you make a recommendation? I
searched in a.m-b for some references, but didn't find anything
useful."

Now, you could take the spanking nitwit Scotty-dog at his word, but
really, folks would like to see SOME effort on your part to answer
your own question. Maybe *you* knew already that the websites would
be mostly hype, with no real differentiation. But at least you could
have shown that you put even the smallest effort into it.

It's just like asking in a.m-b the age-old question "what bike should
I get?"

The red one.
--
Jonesy
Old November 12th 03, 07:40 PM
Paladin

kantspel wrote in message ...
Paladin wrote:

kantspel wrote:

I'm going to be in Las Vegas in early Dec for a week. Can someone
save me the time of googling and recommend a good place for bike
rentals out there?

YEP, last shop on left side of the road that leads west to the Red Rocks
area. Can't be more specific, but you can sure find it from there.

They're good folks, but iirc, you'll get a Fisher.

Paladin

Thanks, amazing how many replies it takes to get something useful. Any
hints on the name so I can hit them up for more info?

West Charleston, west edge of town, adjacent to a good rock climbing
shop, I think it might be called, Pro Cyclery.

hth, Paladin