Giro: Rogers to lead T-Mobile??

Old May 6th 06, 12:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Giro: Rogers to lead T-Mobile??

Saw the brief cycling spot on SBS World Sports the other night. They
said that Michael Rogers would be the Team Leader of T-Mobile in the
Giro!!!!!

Apparently Big Jan was using the event strictly as a training effort
for Le Tour, and would be Rogers "deputy" in the mountains....

Go Mick!!!!

Abby

Old May 6th 06, 01:08 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Absent Husband Wrote:
Saw the brief cycling spot on SBS World Sports the other night. They
said that Michael Rogers would be the Team Leader of T-Mobile in the
Giro!!!!!

Apparently Big Jan was using the event strictly as a training effort
for Le Tour, and would be Rogers "deputy" in the mountains....

Go Mick!!!!

Abby

Really hoping he does well but I thought that was a strange report to
be honest. (If Tomalaris put it together then it doesnt surprise me)
Rogers is using it to get into Tour shape as much as Ullrich. Though
Jan is probably carrying a few extra donuts. Havent seen much evidence
Rogers can climb in a Grand Tour yet, and wouldnt be surprised to see
him in the grupetto alot. I guess he's the leader coz nobody else will
do much on the GC for Tmobile.

--
oely

Old May 6th 06, 01:33 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Absent Husband wrote:
Saw the brief cycling spot on SBS World Sports the other night. They
said that Michael Rogers would be the Team Leader of T-Mobile in the
Giro!!!!!

Apparently Big Jan was using the event strictly as a training effort
for Le Tour, and would be Rogers "deputy" in the mountains....

Go Mick!!!!

Abby

Is "team leader" the same as "main GC rider"?

I didn't see that bit on SBS, but I thought T-Mobile's main GC rider in
the Giro is the 2004 runner-up, Serguei Gonchar, and Ullrich would be
riding in support of Gonchar.

Old May 6th 06, 01:59 PM posted to aus.bicycle

petulance Wrote:

Is "team leader" the same as "main GC rider"?

I didn't see that bit on SBS, but I thought T-Mobile's main GC rider
in
the Giro is the 2004 runner-up, Serguei Gonchar, and Ullrich would be
riding in support of Gonchar.

probably see who's 'hotter' in the hills then back 'him'.
Same kinda lead up with Rogers and Tour de Suisse. almost bagged it bar
last stage...

--
flyingdutch

Old May 8th 06, 01:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Absent Husband Wrote:
Saw the brief cycling spot on SBS World Sports the other night. They
said that Michael Rogers would be the Team Leader of T-Mobile in the
Giro!!!!!

Apparently Big Jan was using the event strictly as a training effort
for Le Tour, and would be Rogers "deputy" in the mountains....

Go Mick!!!!

Abby

But lookout Jan is 5kg lighter now he's lost the big hairdo! And FFS
Savoldelli can you at least crack a smile when you win a stage and get
kissed by the podium girls?

Oh yeah...go Robbie !!!!

Adam

--
adam85

Old May 8th 06, 02:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle

and what a surprise to hear other riders making comments re G Brown's
riding techniques in the last km!

--
flyingdutch

Old May 8th 06, 02:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle

flyingdutch Wrote:
and what a surprise to hear other riders making comments re G Brown's
riding techniques in the last km!

Is he known for a bit of argy-bargy? At least it didn't end up like the
race I was in yesterday with 4 hospitalised after a massive sprint
pileup!

http://tinyurl.com/hlypq

Adam

--
adam85

Old May 8th 06, 03:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle

flyingdutch Wrote:
and what a surprise to hear other riders making comments re G Brown's
riding techniques in the last km!

haha, was waiting for Browns first incident this year, he certainly
picks the big stage to do it. He had been well behaved all season too.
Whatever happened it seemed to put him in poor position, a fair way
back.

--
oely

Old May 8th 06, 03:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle

oely wrote:
Absent Husband Wrote:
Saw the brief cycling spot on SBS World Sports the other night. They
said that Michael Rogers would be the Team Leader of T-Mobile in the
Giro!!!!!

Apparently Big Jan was using the event strictly as a training effort
for Le Tour, and would be Rogers "deputy" in the mountains....

Go Mick!!!!

Abby

Really hoping he does well but I thought that was a strange report to
be honest. (If Tomalaris put it together then it doesnt surprise me)
Rogers is using it to get into Tour shape as much as Ullrich. Though
Jan is probably carrying a few extra donuts. Havent seen much evidence
Rogers can climb in a Grand Tour yet, and wouldnt be surprised to see
him in the grupetto alot. I guess he's the leader coz nobody else will
do much on the GC for Tmobile.

Rogers was good for a couple of days in the '04 TdF, working for
Virenque in the Alps. He's got the potential, but maybe not much
better than a top 10 if all goes well.

Old May 8th 06, 06:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle

adam85 wrote:
But lookout Jan is 5kg lighter now he's lost the big hairdo!

Apparently he's lost the ear ring as well ... what a weight weenie!

:P

And FFS
Savoldelli can you at least crack a smile when you win a stage and get
kissed by the podium girls?

"Classy" ...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...ro061/_TM_7600

I'm sure the women like that ...

Cottur Passes on Davey Crockett Racing 2 March 9th 06 03:57 AM
Bacchetta Giro Test Ride Report, Mini Review Rocketman Recumbent Biking 10 January 1st 04 12:43 AM
A look at Giro and Tour winners- who's better? Tony Racing 15 November 13th 03 04:57 PM
Giro 1 year report Denny Voorhees Recumbent Biking 8 September 23rd 03 12:36 AM
Wins in Grand Tours? Isidor Gunsberg Racing 11 July 31st 03 07:32 PM